Deleted

Mantid vs Kalimdor for Tol'Vir fragments

Anybody did any testing and knows which one is faster?
    I am after the Tol'Vir bug mount, 176 solves so far , no luck.
    I would go with Kalimdor basically because there is no need to fight mobs (and I would never have to go to Feeding Pits digsite).
    I am playing wow windowed while watching movies/ reading on web etc. when I do archaeology so digsites with no mobs or other obstacles are better, plus I still need Fossil mount and pet.
    Already found all pristines in MoP.
    What do you guys think?

When you get all rares for a race, the chance of getting that race lowers. If you complete night elves and/fossil you get a lot more tolvir digsites and it becomes more bearable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently working on my last pristines in Pandaria. I also have the mount, but I miss the pet. I use all my boxes for Tol'Vir fragments, and it's a great boost for rare hunting Tol'vir ones. But, when I get all pristines, I will farm in Kalimdor, so tired of Pandaria now
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20924796

Doesn't answer the question, but provides more info on ways to optimize tol'vir farming. I suspect with whats outlined in the wowhead post I linked there, that Kalimdor would be faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20924796

Doesn't answer the question, but provides more info on ways to optimize tol'vir farming. I suspect with whats outlined in the wowhead post I linked there, that Kalimdor would be faster.
    Yes, get a http://www.wowhead.com/item=95509/ma...-sonic-locator then fly to Ramkahen get inside the main building for instant logout then log in/off untill you get a few digsites in Tol'vir, 4 new random digsites will spawn. You usually get 1-2 in Uldum per logout/login. Finish them and repeat. Got 4 a couple of times. Still need the damn pet.

To clarify. When you login 4 digsites will be randomized in Kalimdor since you got 4 that is not Tol'vir chances of gettint atleast 1 is high, with instant logoff you can get atleast 1 new digsite to do in under a minute. IF you logg off the digsites will be randomized again so if you got 1 in Uldum and log off it will disapear when you log in again. If it's one of the 4 new ones that is. The 4 randomized ones does not "stack" when 4 is randomized the 4 randomized on an earlier login will be removed. This does not affect the 4 digsites you usually have.