Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelfin View Post
    uhhh, that mantra with guiding light would be a good change.
    20% on guiding light now? yeah... i'll take that. GL can be activated with that mantra, that means GL is constantly up.
    The mantra of healing? Huh. I didn't think it would since it's a constant effect. Still though, the problem with Guiding Light isn't the damage you get. It's the fact that Breath of Heaven and mantras have such a short range, that if you're melee and your party is ranged trying to not get killed, you're rarely going to be staying together, so it doesn't work out too well.

dude, seriously? mantra of healing range is FORTY yards. it says it in the tooltip. if you need to be more than 40 yards out, i think you are just being carried because you are being very ineffective in helping dps packs of mobs.
    Last edited by Aelfin; 2013-04-19 at 09:40 PM.

Do we have any idea when 1.0.8 is going live?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupii View Post
    Do we have any idea when 1.0.8 is going live?
    No. As with any patch, we won't know until, at the best, a day or two before. Which of course is always a Tuesday. Unless Diablofans has a Bibi-like awesomeness that predicts these things.

Anyway, because this PTR actually requires a lot of feedback, it won't be any time soon. Plus, there was the datamined life regen info that hasn't gone into the PTR either, so there's still more PTR patches to come.

I can't believe any player would actually be content, let alone happy about these notes, and previous notes. Blizzard/Activision is so obvious about money and their business plan anymore it's ridiculous. So what's the business plan? Well they intentionally relieve games at release of obvious mechanics, that although not too notable, should be implemented at release. Why would they do this? So they have future patch notes that will keep fans happy because fans see it as the point of view of "Oh good, they are finally adding that, I can't wait!". Well this is just stupidity to fall for this... Diablo isn't the only game they did this in.

Think about SC2, they intentionally relieve the game of something as big as CHAT CHANNELS (WHY?!?)... oh I know why.. because that allows for a future patch to keep the fan base interested, even though it should have apart of release as shown by the satisfaction of them in WC3. Now these patch notes are just as gimmicky as the previous ones, cannot believe somebody would get excited over this.

Patch 1.0.8. Wizard Teleport Buff!!!

Hey guyz!! Have any of you played with the new teleport buff? You can pretty much fly freely around the map, hopping over walls while flying around like superman : ) Super fun! I'm glad blizzard is finally making this game epic!

Let me know what u guyz think ! : )

About time - Teleporting trough obestecales is a good start.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

thats what im talking about man!

Wizzard always felt like the crippled child of a sorc with this crappy teleport, now remove cooldown and woohoo...

Ah just make D2 HD already because thats where D3 will end up anyway and should have been from the start -.-

Deleted
    Oh WoW.... diablo 2 memories :P!!!!!

about time

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitius View Post
    Wizzard always felt like the crippled child of a sorc with this crappy teleport, now remove cooldown and woohoo...
    I don't think they removed the cooldown. The Wizard in the video was a CM Stun wizard using the Wormhole rune on Teleport, so CM was reducing the cooldown of teleport all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablofans is reporting the possibility of patch launch being tomorrow: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1746-...notes-roundup/

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 10:46 PM ----------

Also, PTR forum has gone to read-only, so it seems highly likely patch release is tomorrow.

Now, that would be a very nice birthday present.

So it seems tomorrow will be the day to start leveling a new char - probably going with a DH again.

(and they buff my disintegrate build so i'm just happy)
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Updating now, too excited to try out a Firebats build on my WD!

EDIT: Aaaaaand I'm fucking loving 1.0.8 after just 10 minutes of goofing around.

High mob density in Act 1, spamming 500-600% weapon damage Firebats and mowing down elites in MP7, NV stack changes putting me at 356% MF, ahhh....this is gonna be fun!
    Last edited by Vook; 2013-05-07 at 06:03 PM.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many bugs to risk logging in, but from what I've heard, it doesn't make a difference. Mob density changes only affected non-elites. So, high MP farmers (mostly 10) are being rewarded, since they don't kill elites anyway, while low MP farmers are being punished and forced back into Act 3.

Hm, yeah, it is a TAD buggy. The "Item Label Display" is bugging out and refuses to change; no matter what I do it keeps switching back to "Push to show". Haven't noticed any other bugs, though.

Why exactly would they increase the amount of elites, though? That would likely cause elites to overlap more frequently, which would spell certain doom unless you vastly outgear the MP level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Too many bugs to risk logging in, but from what I've heard, it doesn't make a difference. Mob density changes only affected non-elites. So, high MP farmers (mostly 10) are being rewarded, since they don't kill elites anyway, while low MP farmers are being punished and forced back into Act 3.
    In MP5 and above, the chance of getting a legendary is greater by killing mobs and not elite pax. 5 is pretty low IMO. 7 is the sweet spot. And most people at low paragon levels are not farming act 3 for legendarys, they are looking for paragon EXP, density changes will allow low paragon chars to farm the entire game and not just scorpions over and over and over again. And from what people are saying, Act 2 Vault of the Assassin is the most highly mob dense spot in the game now by like 15%. So if you are serious about leveling, you will only run VoA. Act 3 is done.

Besides ~ All classes can farm MP5 for less than 20 million gold.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2013-05-07 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't farm MP5, and I haven't seen any major noticeable changes in Act 1. Cathedral level 1 seems to be the only one with any significant changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't farm MP5, and I haven't seen any major noticeable changes in Act 1. Cathedral level 1 seems to be the only one with any significant changes.
    What class are you playing? Also, do you not use the AH? I know a couple of guys who don't use the AH and they are stuck in MP3.