Deleted

[Ret] DPS Issues

Hello,

i was wondering why nobody dares to adress the current issues in ret dps...

Burst: ret used to be one of the best burst classes and has been nerfed in substained dps because of it...but now you find hunters, rogues, boomkins, locks and mages that do way better spike than ret and also endure a better substained. In the past blizzard has refused to buff ret substained cuz we had the spike, but now?

Substained: it sucks, thats it.

AOE: In TOT where all fights or almoust all fights require either good aoe or good target switching we are penalized. our aoe filler and final move are badly balanced when it comes to less than 4 targets. The only way i see fit to dps 2 or 3 targets is to try to keep censure up...but that sometimes proves problematic due to the distance of these targets.

I would like to see the opinions of the ret comunity out there. This is not a rant post, its just i am fed up to warm the bench. Playing in a top guild ret is simply not a good class to take on progression....

It isn't addressed because it has been addressed multiple times with no positive outcome. The community knows what Ret needs and countless ideas and posts (here and on the official forums) have been made but with avail. I'm not attacking Blizz but giving a spec decent off-healing is a garbage excuse for below average dps. Yes, Ret brings decent utility but nothing that Holy or Prot don't already bring.

Just my $0.2

Deleted
    my point exactly: why bring a ret when you can have 3 am's already in raid ? i mean the only place where ret was good on progress was with hopurity but that has been nerfed...

Deleted
    The reason is simple: There is a shortage of healers. People just generally prefer killing dragons and demons, instead of clicking on green boxes on their grid. Just look at LFR queues - waiting 50 minutes as DPS to get in, and look which spots are the last ones to be filled - healer spots ofc. Queue with a healer friend - instant invites.

Blizzard solution? Make healing more fun? No. Let's FORCE players to play healbots if they want to get raid/rbg spots.
    So they are pushing us Rets to go Holy, if we want to secure spots in end-game content, whether its arenas/rbgs, or heroic raids.

However, they will NEVER say it openly. There will NEVER be a blue post saying "paladin was designed as a healer/tank class, Ret specc is just for leveling, it wasn't meant for endgame content". Because the paladin community would get furious, and many Rets would probably just quit the game. (I know I would.)

So instead they just keep making hints, keep nudging, keep turning the WoW community against us ("omg he plays Ret! if only he went Holy, we would get shorter LFD queues, AND he wouldn't complain about being benched.)

I still get raid spots in my guild because I am a skilled player, I don't fail at boss mechanics etc. But if my GM ever told me "sorry, Ret performance is just so bad right now, that you will have to go Holy if you want to keep raiding with us", I would rather quit the game completely.

Deleted
    you dont have to play holy but defo would need to reroll heh

It's a good pub-stomper but is behind every other DPS in raids.

Sustained DPS needs to be addressed, Why does ret get forced to maintain inquisition and still do such piss poor sustained damage while its active?

On the Fly aoe dps is Sloppy, its comparable to a Fat drunk girl falling all over the place, A clumsy mess
    Even with Exorcism glyph'd and retalented for a ground aoe (once passive) its still invisible like the rest of rets butchered toolkit.

A lot of free aoe that was removed in cata has been restored to most specs but not ret

The only solution is to cancel your sub until it gets fixed
    Last edited by OmegaManHester; 2013-04-09 at 03:28 PM.

Paladins are in a weird spot. On one hand Holy and Prot and doing fantastic. On the other hand Ret is doing less than desirable. Sustained damage and aoe are garbage. Balancing the spec around off-heals and utility is bad design. Sure that would have been fine in TBC but we are in MOP. You pick a damage spec to do damage not to be a crap melee version of disc priests. I'm afraid these issues won't be addressed until 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Stary View Post
    my point exactly: why bring a ret when you can have 3 am's already in raid ? i mean the only place where ret was good on progress was with hopurity but that has been nerfed...
    When exactly did they nerf HoPurity? It has recieved nothing but buffs, and is invaluable on some fights.

Quote Originally Posted by hnoseguard View Post
    I wish they would bring back Seal of Command or allow the dot from Seal of Truth to be more easily spread to multiple targets. Sure would help in ToT imo.
    nothing like killing yourself on 4 horsemen. I miss it

edit: I miss seal of blood

My guild hashad 3 nights on hc council 25, we started with 2 rets, then just me untill now when we're "done" and just need numbers. Ret being in a bad spot I got benched aswell, so on the fight this tier where purities an extra devos are most valuable we still get sacced. I wasn't lowest dps btw. The simple fact is that it's most efficient to drop lowest dps regardless of utility, it makes healers struggle more but not to anything extreme (2hpal 0tank pal). Council isn't a great fight for rets dps wise to begin with, then throw in how tight the fight can be...

I'm already planning to jump over to moonkin after this tier unless something extreme changes... Hell I might consider tanking even though i hate it, atleast it's viable unlike ret if you're in a min/maxing guild..

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    My guild hashad 3 nights on hc council 25, we started with 2 rets, then just me untill now when we're "done" and just need numbers. Ret being in a bad spot I got benched aswell, so on the fight this tier where purities an extra devos are most valuable we still get sacced. I wasn't lowest dps btw. The simple fact is that it's most efficient to drop lowest dps regardless of utility, it makes healers struggle more but not to anything extreme (2hpal 0tank pal). Council isn't a great fight for rets dps wise to begin with, then throw in how tight the fight can be...

I'm already planning to jump over to moonkin after this tier unless something extreme changes... Hell I might consider tanking even though i hate it, atleast it's viable unlike ret if you're in a min/maxing guild..
    I was in for our council kill. We had ret play to its strengths, and I tunneled Sul the whole fight and did kicks/purities, and used AM for CD rotations. If you want to play ret in a good guild, expect bitch duty. It's how the class is played.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    I miss seal of blood
    Judgement-killed myself on server first immortal run on gluth's first Hp slash. was last boss of last quarter before Sapphiron and KT. True story.

We got 3 combat rogues kicking and interrupting, me and the other ret did add stunning/dps, purity/sac on frostbite etc, devo on call and other than that just max dps on relevant targets (sul + empowered) rogues with 4 set combat cleaving is insanely strong at council so we have them doing it. When i was the only ret i did 25-35% of all damage done to the melee priestess add. Most of the time double what anyone else did.

Deleted
    wierd sidenote: i just noticed envy killed lei shen with 2 rets lol, i wonder what tac they used cuz as far as i can see its a super tight dps race for us....but once again they had 3 tanks and some really wierd raid comp....

AM, and ~decent~ MASS AOE, 2-3 target cleave is garb though xC. Also, immunities to static shokk. There are plenty of classes better, druid comes to mind though, better AOE, Cloak of Shadows, RANGED, same amount of AOE.