Computer build/Laptop advice needed

Hello,

I'm looking to get a new computer or if possible with my budget of 1100USD a Laptop with similar performance to the specs I posted.

I buy the parts locally; never tried purchasing parts online.
    If you're aware of a trusted online website that can ship to Dubai please do let me know.
    My budget is a maximum of 1100 USD. If I can spend less without sacrificing performance that'd be great.

Ideally I'll be using the computer to play DotA2/WoW/GW2 on high/ultra settings along with my regular usage of Excel/movies.

The following is costing me 1362 USD. I don't know what to change without sacrificing too much performance.

· Processor Intel i5-3570K

· Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V LK

· Ram 8GB DDR III 1600 MHz

· SSD 120GB Sata

· Hard Disk 500GB Sata

· Optical Drive Sata

· Graphic Card ATI HD 7770 1GB

· Case ATX with Cooling Fan

· Power Supply XFX 650 Watts

· Windows 7 PRO 64 BIT

· Monitor LED 22”

You may be able to save a little on the PSU, that is way overkill for that system. Could get by with a 450 more than likely, though harder to find modular ones cheap in that range, 550 would be good and could shave a few bucks.

You could potentially cut the Optical Drive if you have an old one that is SATA to use, or just not have one. Windows can be installed from a USB Drive and most software can be downloaded now too, depending on your bandwidth and if you have any limits, not sure what it is like in Dubai. That won't cut a lot though.

Which case specifically have you chosen? You may be able to cut a little there as well depending.

Only other option for a big cut would be HHD or SSD. The SSD Provides faster load times and is really nice to have, but will not makes games look any prettier or get any higher FPS. On the other hand, if you don't keep a lot of music or movies or things of that nature and can get by with just the SSD that is another option. You can always add a HDD later or get an external drive. Speaking of HDD though, you did not list specifically which one you chose, you could drop it to a 5400RPM to save a little, it won't matter much if you have the SSD as it's just storage.

I don't know what exact case I'm getting as this is a quotation from my local shop.

I'll look into 550 PSU, thanks.
    I do keep a lot of TV series so I will need that 1TB.
    I do want to keep the SSD as I like the quality of life it provides :P

Deleted
    Could you tell us which RAM, monitor and which SSD you have your eye on?

Just wondering if it's possible to save some money there, and invest in a little better graphics card. The 7770 is basically an entry level card, while the rest of the system is fairly high-end, gaming-wise.

Lastly, if you're planning on overclocking (based on the choice of mobo and cpu), you'll want to get an aftermarket cooler. A Hyper Evo 212 suffices, but there are prettier, bulkier, more silent (and more expensive) ones out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenalawi View Post
    I don't know what exact case I'm getting as this is a quotation from my local shop.

I'll look into 550 PSU, thanks.
    I do keep a lot of TV series so I will need that 1TB.
    I do want to keep the SSD as I like the quality of life it provides :P
    Could you reuse whatever HDD you are currently using to store your data?

I'm currently using a Qosmio F60 laptop so I don't have an HDD i can re-use.

I do not plan on overclocking. I believe the i5-3570K and the GPU are more than enough for my usage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Do you think the GTX 560 is a better card than the 7770?

The SSD will be from samsung 840 series
    The Ram is Corsair vengeance.
    The monitor is an Asus VS.

If anyone knows a website that can ship the parts to Dubai then that would be great; as I think stuff is overpriced here.
    Last edited by Arsenalawi; 2013-04-09 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you don't need a K cpu. Get the 3470 if you have no desire to overclock. Are you on a strict budget? Both the 560 and 7770 are old and bad for gaming. For 1100 usd you could get much better. I'm pretty sure amazon ships to dubai.
    Last edited by Toffie; 2013-04-09 at 03:50 PM.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Yeah I'm on a strict budget of 1100 USD.
    The system posted in my first post summed up to 1362 USD.

So far I'm switching from a 650 PSU to a 550. I'll also change from the 3570K to the 3470.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll make a build with every part from amazon when i get home later today, if no one else have by then
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

If you are not going to OC at all you could also change the MoBo to an ASRock H77 Board, could shave a good bit there as well.

Also just want to mention, your originally posted build is strong and will last for quite some time. When it starts to struggle a little a CPU cooler and a OC will extend it's life. If there is any possible way to save up that extra bit it would be well worth it in the long run.

To be honest I am being kind of impatient with wanting to purchase the PC this week.
    I could be patient and save up for the original build if it will last significantly longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I'll make a build with every part from amazon when i get home later today, if no one else have by then
    I appreciate it, but a lot of products on Amazon don't ship to Dubai so it might be a hassle for you, I don't want you wasting your time.

What card would you suggest for the original build though?
    Last edited by Arsenalawi; 2013-04-09 at 04:24 PM.

All parts from Amazon.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock B75 PRO3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($79.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($51.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($72.34 @ Outlet PC)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($197.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.98 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.96 @ Amazon)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Monitor: ViewSonic VA2212M-LED 22.0" Monitor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $957.17
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-04-09 12:51 EDT-0400)

Doesn't leave a lot of room if they they tax it or have additional shipping costs to there though.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Unfortunately half of the products from Amazon will only ship to the U.S.

But I now have a clearer view of what I'm going to do.
    I'm changing to a 3470, a 550PSU, ASRock B75 mobo and the 7850.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenalawi View Post
    Thank you all for your assistance.

Unfortunately half of the products from Amazon will only ship to the U.S.

But I now have a clearer view of what I'm going to do.
    I'm changing to a 3470, a 550PSU, ASRock B75 mobo and the 7850.
    You could also drop to the 450W listed in my build above, it would be plenty for that system. The only drawback would be it is not modular or semi-modular so your gonna have extra cables that you'll have to tuck away somewhere. It could shave the last bit you need off though if you get close with a bigger PSU.