Deleted

Any addon to silence or remove Worgen sniffing?

Hello,
    so yea, I am one of the (few) people who play WoW with in-game sounds and music enabled. I really like most of the sounds, it helps me with immersion into the game.
    However there is one sound that I absolutely despise, it literally makes my stomach turn, and that is the Worgen sniffing/snorting/grunting that they CONSTANTLY do when standing still. Especially the female worgen sniffing is disgusting.

So, is there some addon that would remove the Worgen sniffing sounds from my WoW installation, or make them silent for me?

I know next to nothing about programming and stuff, but I was thinking, to replace the specific sound files with empty ones. Would it be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    Hello,
    so yea, I am one of the (few) people who play WoW with in-game sounds and music enabled. I really like most of the sounds, it helps me with immersion into the game.
    However there is one sound that I absolutely despise, it literally makes my stomach turn, and that is the Worgen sniffing/snorting/grunting that they CONSTANTLY do when standing still. Especially the female worgen sniffing is disgusting.

So, is there some addon that would remove the Worgen sniffing sounds from my WoW installation, or make them silent for me?

I know next to nothing about programming and stuff, but I was thinking, to replace the specific sound files with empty ones. Would it be possible?
    At least with the water elemental sound, you could create an empty file in a new folder in Wow/sounds with the correct sound name. It'd then look at that file, try and load it and fail and then move on and skip the real one. If you found the correct name of the sound, just do that. remember that the sound is most likely .ogg

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/worgensniffremover

edit: nvm someone beat be to it while I found the link
    Sig by Safhira

Fixed this some years ago myself.

Put an empty file (just make a .txt document and rename it to .ogg) in these paths (D:\World of Warcraft is obviously my drive letter+wow folder, could be different for you)

D:\World of Warcraft\Sound\Creature\WorgenFemale\WorgenFemale_EmoteSniff_01.ogg
    D:\World of Warcraft\Sound\Creature\WorgenFemale\WorgenFemale_EmoteSniff_02.ogg
    D:\World of Warcraft\Sound\Creature\WorgenFemale\WorgenFemale_EmoteSniff_03.ogg

D:\World of Warcraft\Sound\Creature\WorgenMale\WorgenMale_EmoteSniff_01.ogg
    D:\World of Warcraft\Sound\Creature\WorgenMale\WorgenMale_EmoteSniff_02.ogg
    D:\World of Warcraft\Sound\Creature\WorgenMale\WorgenMale_EmoteSniff_03.ogg

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't play a Worgen?

Two Forms when not in combat?

I play a Worgen and almost exclusively stay in human form outside combat.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Thanks for fast replies, I will try those addons
    Validity: I don't play a Worgen myself, its the sniffing *other* Worgens in my vicinity are making, that bothers me :P