Alys keeps resetting?

Hey,
    So I decided to start farming Alys on my lock for the mount, but now strangely she keeps resetting all the bloody time and I wonder if I'm missing any sort of mechanics? Because I'm not flying outside nests.

Deleted
    You have to stay in close range of her at all times. For instance if you pick up the first 3 feathers she drops to get up and fly you will get to far away, and she will reset. So yeah, just be sure to stay in close range of her all the time, and she shouldn't reset.

Yep, it's a range thing, if you start lagging behind because of ring spawns, skip one.

1. If you snag the initial three feathers too fast, she'll reset. Grab the first one she drops, then skip three or four feathers while following her, then skip a couple more to grab the third that launches you into the air.

2. You don't need to stay that close to her most of the time. I've been as far away as Rhyolith's mountain. However, when she molts (when she dips down to drop feathers and rake the middle of the battlefield with her claws), it's at that point that you have to get close, and it's fairly close too. Get right up in her hitbox if possible, and don't chase rings when she's about to molt, just follow her. Can't tell you how many times she's tricked me into going for a ring that she puffs out above her, then drops down and despawns.

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jarim View Post
    You have to stay in close range of her at all times. For instance if you pick up the first 3 feathers she drops to get up and fly you will get to far away, and she will reset. So yeah, just be sure to stay in close range of her all the time, and she shouldn't reset.
    Just want to point out that this is not completely accurate. While grabbing the first three feathers will cause her to reset, being in close range for the whole fight isn't the issue. Back when I couldn't kill her in one full phase cycle, I used to fly as far away as Rhyolith's mountain, where she'd come after me after reigniting, and take off afterwards back towards her nest. She'd put considerable distance between us before I'd get airborne and wouldn't despawn. It's only at the beginning and when she molts that this is an issue.