Frost mage openers in arena

Hello. I've been having a hard time with opening on targets in 2v2 arenas which I'm doing to practice so I can get in to 3v3. I know alot of people say 3v3 is completely different but 2s require faster decision making than random battlegrounds anyway I panic alot and have a hard time getting frostbombs off while my target is frozen because I use up my freeze/nova on CC.

I took this video of me and my buddy doing double frost 2s and was hoping some of you could help me out with openers. I know the situation changes often and you can't always do the same thing but as you can see we did pretty bad. We should have won some of the games we played right at the beginning but didn't because of simple mistakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7CYZ3HCBYs

Ok, let me start this off by saying my highest arena rating was 2k and I'm only 1670 atm. Don't use your pet nova on CD save it for either a kill with nova, then ice lance to finish, or most importantly when frost bomb is < 1sec remaining. I don't recall seeing a single sheep as well. I know you do 2's with another Frost mage so your sheep's will share a DR, but if you both line openers you should either force a defensive or hit so hard and fast that they cant react and die. Also i wouldn't use the water elemental glyph as at, when you L.O.S a target, so will your elemental.

It's all about lining up your Fbomb in a deep or nova. My optimal rotation is

Frost bomb
    (if dispelled)
    Sheep other target
    your nova/frozen orb
    Deep freeze (Trying to force trinket)
    Ice lance spam if not trinketed
    Fbomb should be back up
    <1 sec on fbomb remaining pet nova
    FFB
    sheep other target

With 2 frost mages the player should either die or pop defensive's. If he didn't die then you rinse repeat this time with ice veins an images popped.

My Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Playing a fire mage is like playing the lottery
    Quote Originally Posted by Eschatonin View Post
    People think its easy because they hear about the few who win?

I wish I could save pet nova but usually I have to use it to peel : / and yeah I have a problem with CC I really need to set up focus target macros to make it easier

If you're having trouble getting frostbombs off, try out a haste build with nether tempest. With high haste and NT on multiple targets, you get a LOT more FFB procs. With the nerfs to frost bomb, even if it doesn't get dispelled, the damage is nowhere near what it was at the start of MoP. Sure, you'll lose some burst, though

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I find myself running away more than I do hard casting lol

for novice players nether tempest is the way - this way you get all the procs and the only things you should cast are polymorph(not too much since you run double mage and you both can do it) and a frostbolt into a deep once they are out of cds.

for starters - ive played double frostmage for pretty much every season of wotlk and cata up to 2300+ with great win/loss, and the key has always been communication. with the current status of the game if you two coordinate a deep the guy is dead unless outs.

you have spellstealer addon and run double mage, yet you dont strip targets in seconds, try it, makes it easier to pull off kills and you can steal their procs.

as a mage in 2s you shouldn't be close to panic as with 2 sheeps/novas/deeps/etc you can have complete control of how the fight goes.

noticed you said you try to get off frostbombs while your target is frozen - id advice to go about it the other way around -> you bomb and then nova + shatter when the bomb is about to expire(with 50ish ms + travel time) you can pretty much always do it if you start the frostbolt at 2s left on the bomb unless veins/haste proc.

if you run double mage vs double dps you're better off blowing veins at start(with slowfall prefight) as you need to force any possible cd from your enemy be it block/ps/bubble/wall/tree/etc.

glyph of WE is a complete waste.

if you are tunneling disc unless he is reaaaaaaally going down fast(faster than your dalaran arena at 6min-ish) bomb/shatter is better than spamming lances.

if you run double mage unless you get some high level opponents saving trinket vs teams that cant easily lock you down is a waste.

one of you should always have deep off cd so if someone is running just turn around and blow up the other guy. mages have one of the easiest openers/setups(bombshatters).

with all that said, if you get a real team of skilled players against you unless you can communicate every single shatter/cc between each other the odds of winning are very small regardless if you are 1500 or glad. people with a clue can counter you real easy and real quick, so you should never leave any room for the other team.