Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MC ALPACA FLAYME View Post
    That's only if you want to launch an application from the home screen. There starts to be a serious hindrance when it comes to customization or hopping through menus.
    Care to elaborate? iOS is as close to a perfect os you will ever get. Everything is intuitive, fast and easy to find. Not just for relatively experienced users like you and I, but also for complete computer illiterates.

I bought my grandmother an iPhone and she uses it to look up recipes, send messages, skype with her sisters in Sicily and whatnot. She had a galaxy before that and hardly used it to make phone calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's only if you want to launch an application from the home screen. There starts to be a serious hindrance when it comes to customization or hopping through menus.
    Well, yeah. Still, the iPhone has a very easy to understand interface that anyone can pick up, which is why I brought it up. I personally do not own an iPhone and if I ever get a smartphone, I would probably get another brand, but I acknowledge its strong points, despite my own problems with it.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    iOS is as close to a perfect os you will ever get.
    LOL...wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post
    Doesn't really matter tbh, start8 does the job perfectly without a single bug.
    Of course it matters. Start8 cost money. Windows 8 having start menu out of the box is of course superior.

Deleted
    Care to elaborate? iOS is as close to a perfect os you will ever get. Everything is intuitive, fast and easy to find. Not just for relatively experienced users like you and I, but also for complete computer illiterates.

I bought my grandmother an iPhone and she uses it to look up recipes, send messages, skype with her sisters in Sicily and whatnot. She had a galaxy before that and hardly used it to make phone calls.
    You forgot to type "I think" in front of most of your sentences.
    It's cool that you like iOS, but don't claim it to be the best OS anyone can ever get. That's just asking for a fanboy war.

Care to elaborate?
    My experience is things either aren't in obvious places or it takes multiple sub-menus to reach the vital information. A great example of both is adjusting APN settings (something users of a subsidiary of one of the major US carriers deal with a lot).

As far as W8 is concerned I don't think it's bad, mainly because you don't have to go through multiple views to access information you need. There's overhead in learning a few new pieces of functionality it's built around, but after a week of use it doesn't feel foreign at all.

My experience is things either aren't in obvious places or it takes multiple sub-menus to reach the vital information. A great example of both is adjusting APN settings (something users of a subsidiary of one of the major US carriers deal with a lot).

As far as W8 is concerned I don't think it's bad, mainly because you don't have to go through multiple views to access information you need. There's overhead in learning a few new pieces of functionality it's built around, but after a week of use it doesn't feel foreign at all.
    I'm not sure how it works in the US, I admit. But I think those settings aren't meant to be easily accessible to the average user. In Europe those are automatically configured.

Everything else is pretty intuitive; starting an app, downloading an app, setting up your e-mail, etc... Compare that to an android phone and you'll notice a big difference in ease of use.

Have you ever used an Android device? The actions you've described are identical on Android. Not even similar, literally identical.

Anyways I'm not going to get into an Android v. iPhone "battle" in this thread.

Have you ever used an Android device? The actions you've described are identical on Android. Not even similar, literally identical.

Anyways I'm not going to get into an Android v. iPhone "battle" in this thread.
    Yes I have. The Galaxy SIII, Xperia Z and the HTC One, though my time with that device was very limited. My point is that iOS is more intuitive, which is undeniable. I don't mean to start a contest between the two or anything.

My point is that iOS is more intuitive, which is undeniable.
    Your opinion is not fact, and is very deniable. While you may find iOS the best OS ever and super intuitive. I can't stand it. I, personally, find WP8 much more intuitive and easy to use, and to a lesser extent Android.. The only reason iOS has the perception of being intuitive is because it's become the norm over time. People are used to it, it's essentially the same since the first one came out. But, that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by The Cat; 2013-04-17 at 06:13 PM.

My point is that iOS is more intuitive, which is undeniable.
    Right. Windows 8 is bad because every other release eh

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    The only reason iOS has the perception of being intuitive is because it's become the norm over time. People are used to it, it's essentially the same since the first one came out. But, that's just my opinion.
    Don't preach about opinions when you do the same. We needn't put 'in my opinion' in front of every sentence. The structure of our phrases suggest as much, or should I pretend I'm communicating with mentally challenged individuals? I think not.

Praise for having replied with more than 2 abbreviations this time Cat.

Bad metaphore alpaca. The opposite of 'more intuitive' is 'less intuitive', not bad. That said, what I'm saying isn't merely based om my own experience. Many, if not most reviews claim the exact same.

Tell me now, how do you kill an app on let's say the Xperia Z? How does that work in the iPhone?

Anyway, I'll drop the subject and end with Windows 8 is awesome. Don't like metro? You won't have to use it from patch 'blue' on.

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    This.
    iOS 1 to 6 all have the same look (take away a feature or two, like folders and a background), some grew up with it, others have seen friends using it, heck anyone at some point in time probably held an iDevice before. They all work the same, hence why it's more "intuitive" to work with for some people.
    Yes, Apple is consistent - thank goodness. But no, I don't think that's the main reason their operating systems are considered intuitive and enjoyable to use.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2013-04-17 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    Your opinion is not fact, and is very deniable. While you may find iOS the best OS ever and super intuitive. I can't stand it. I, personally, find WP8 much more intuitive and easy to use, and to a lesser extent Android.. The only reason iOS has the perception of being intuitive is because it's become the norm over time. People are used to it, it's essentially the same since the first one came out. But, that's just my opinion.
    This.
    iOS 1 to 6 all have the same look (take away a feature or two, like folders and a background), some grew up with it, others have seen friends using it, heck anyone at some point in time probably held an iDevice before. They all work the same, hence why it's more "intuitive" to work with for some people.

Tell me now, how do you kill an app on let's say the Xperia Z? How does that work in the iPhone?
    It's been a while since I've used an iPhone or Android, but from what I recall the only way to close an app in iPhone, which wasn't even possible pre ios 4, is with a double click home button, and in Android it is in the apps manager.

Now correct me if I'm wrong... but having to get to something by knowing ahead of time the button combo to get there is not more intuitive than navigating the menu to apps manager. Where one would logically look.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does the topic say "discuss the differences between iOS and Android?" or am I mis-interpreting something
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

It's been a while since I've used an iPhone or Android, but from what I recall the only way to close an app in iPhone, which wasn't even possible pre ios 4, is with a double click home button, and in Android it is in the apps manager.

Now correct me if I'm wrong... but having to get to something by knowing ahead of time the button combo to get there is not more intuitive than navigating the menu to apps manager. Where one would logically look.
    Pre 4.0 multitasking wasn't possible on iOS devices, therefore pressing the home button killed an app. The easiest way to kill an app on an android phone is by installing a third party application like atm or appkiller, which often don't work correctly since many apps and services are automatically restarted right after.

This was just one example. There are many others, like configuring an exchange e-mail address and listening to your music.

There's a reason iPhone is as popular as it is. Did I say android is bad? No.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Does the topic say "discuss the differences between iOS and Android?" or am I mis-interpreting something
    No, and I apologize. Just wanted to inform the misinformed. I'll stop now >,<