Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I'm not talking about the rng stones that drop - but 6k valor is nothing more than capping valor for 6 weeks. Not hard to do, but no amount of playing will accelerate this - you will simply have to subscribe and play valor cap for 2 months - if not more for people who might not cap or be able to weekly.
    That's why they nerf it to 3k valor in 5.3
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

^and to counter that they added in a rng quest that takes just as long or possibly even longer, i would rather they just straight up made it a vp grind rather than some sugar coated blue post about not repeating the 6k valor quest only to be hit with another one that's just as long or even longer.
    Last edited by Sweetimpact; 2013-05-12 at 03:04 PM.

I am still having a dilemma over whether I think it's okay that Blizz basically said to continue with this quest chain you will need to pay us $30 (or whatever 2 months costs you). I'm not talking about the rng stones that drop - but 6k valor is nothing more than capping valor for 6 weeks. Not hard to do, but no amount of playing will accelerate this - you will simply have to subscribe and play valor cap for 2 months - if not more for people who might not cap or be able to weekly.
    I'm confused. Why would anyone subscribe just to valor cap for that quest?

From what I am reading here, it sounds like your luck is already better than mosts for this part of the chain.
    Yea but still got a way to go, rng could make it so i dont get another one for a week or 2 or more we will have to see as its not consistent.
    Same could be said about those with 0/12 , next week they could get 3 or 4 who knows.
    I dont raid with the guild im in , i gave that up last year so those that do run lfr and guild raids have better odds than others. (assuming they drop of the same boss in lfr and normal/heroics in the same week, that i do not know).

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I'm confused. Why would anyone subscribe just to valor cap for that quest?
    Me because I wanted to keep up with the quest chain. I'm crazy right? :P
    I was pretty much done with everything reps @ exalted and I dont raid with a guild so I was done could have canceled sub and wait but this valor quest kept me active as 6 weeks is just too much to be behind.

OT: 3/12 first week.

Deleted
    Currently at 7/13 after... 4 weeks? Can't really remember.

Also slacked and missed some chances as I sat out some bosses and didn't bother doing them on LFR but 7 isn't too bad I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetimpact View Post
    ^and to counter that they added in a rng quest that takes just as long or possibly even longer, i would rather they just straight up made it a vp grind rather than some sugar coated blue post about not repeating the 6k valor quest only to be hit with another one that's just as long or even longer.
    But, well, this long quest is tied to current raid content. And award is really, really great (while award for valor quest is equal to 0.5 profession bonus) , so why should it be easy to get?
    LF something funny to place here.

English isn't my native, sorry for possible mistakes

Deleted
    did some LFR this week, sadly still on 1/12 so far.

Reyzzz
    Because the quest was designed to be done in current tier(patch), not when next part released. By next part i'm talking about 5.4 and new raid with new "legendary reward".

I'm pretty sure patch 5.3 is 2-3weeks away. I wanted to get atleast 8 before the 5.3, but so far no luck at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wessrow View Post
    Currently at 7/13 after... 4 weeks? Can't really remember.

Also slacked and missed some chances as I sat out some bosses and didn't bother doing them on LFR but 7 isn't too bad I guess.
    I'd count yourself extremely lucky especially if you were skipping bosses. I'm at 2 after 3½ weeks of clears, which was 22 boss kills that could have dropped one for me. Based on this thread and what our raid group has gotten, droprate is probably something like 10-15%.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2013-05-12 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1/12 for 3 weeks.
    EPIC random.

Deleted
    2 the first week, one last week, 0 this week.

You thought tablets were RNG ? Try runestones :P.

im on that quest on 2 toons the runestones work the same way as the sigils and secrets even in normal and heroic its automaticly put into ur bag if u win the hidden roll

my hunter is on 7/12 after 4 weeks my pala (main) 3/12 after 2 weeks

so its VERY random

I was in that first round of quest-completers (not sure exactly how long ago that was), and I've gotten 0 every single week... except for 1 week where I got 3. I hate this quest with a passion.
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    1/12 for 3 weeks.
    EPIC random.
    Same here. Some people in my guild have 7 already.

Still 0/12 after 3 weeks ...
    /sadface

Yup, yet another week of 0/6

10+ Year Old Account
    3 weeks and I still only have one. -_-

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    The drop for the runestones seen to be even lower than the secrets and since they only drop from 6 bosses the RNG is even worse. The design of these legendary quests on this tier have been pretty ridiculous, it sucks to be the last on your guild to get the meta, it sucks to listen to your friends going "yay another runestone" when you havent yet even dropped one.

Theres a player in my guild who needed 1 Secret for his meta, that was 2 weeks ago, he managed to go 2 weeks with 0 drops, tell me how that doesnt suck. Too much RNG is just plain bad.

On other news, does anybody know where the Runestones quest lead you to ?
    I was at 15/20 over 2 weeks ago... got 2 each reset, stuck at 19/20 on this. While a mage in my guild got like 6 this reset, at least. He was way behind on the 5.0 chapters even. Seriously? Very low % chances for some legendary gems is extremely poor design
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    I was at 15/20 over 2 weeks ago... got 2 each reset, stuck at 19/20 on this. While a mage in my guild got like 6 this reset, at least. He was way behind on the 5.0 chapters even. Seriously? Very low % chances for some legendary gems is extremely poor design
    Hah, wait until you get to collect the actual runestones lol...

I was lucky, got 3 on my first reset, rng is rng people