Page 48 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    MY sever never gets drops like titan runestone - though its a 0.00025% chance of drop

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    after 5 weeks my warrior has 7

after one night my shaman has 6... i went 6 for 6 wtf

I just gave up and stoped caring my main after 8 weeks has 7 runes and my alt after 2 weeks sits on 6 -_- this rng is just ... meh -_-

Deleted
    had 10/12 last week
    11/12 now - hate RNG

... At least it's guaranteed next week, might even get to replace my LFR chest at some point too -.-

I won't turn in this quest for any reason... those runestones are soooo precious and rare that worth more than a cloak...

Srsly after about 10 or so weeks still at 6/12...

Week 10 and i'm on 11/12.
    2.1.0.2.1.1.1.0.1.2. So next week i'll get my cloak! Also, 2 other guildie mates sitting on 11/12 too after this week. For one it is was week 8 for other week 9.

In 5.4 i hope there wont be RNG quest. Just give us something once a week for 10weeks, rather than hopeless wait for "it".

Deleted
    week 10 and im at 9 stones! i hate the rng when others get their stones faster!

Deleted
    got 3 last week 0 this week

Deleted
    Took my ages to get my 20 secrets, finished at the beginning of May (2nd) and now after 8 full ids i'm at 10/12 with 2 guranteed Lei-Shen drops included. So 8 drops out of 46 bosses or ~18% droprate.

Hopefully the gods will be merciful and grant me a single runestone outside from Lei-Shen next week
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-06-20 at 02:33 PM.

Well got my 6th stone from Lei Shen(guaranteed drop ofc) in my 12th reset so for me so far the droprate has been around 4.3%.

Deleted
    1/15 over 3 chars on bosses that aren't gtd =(

I swear, if next week I get a single one from lei shen again, I'm quitting ToT and never coming back. I don't give a fuck about it anymore. This is the most annoying bullshit blizzard has ever come up with - when friends are bragging about them having more runestones on alts than I have on my main.

Items only dropping if you were on that specific part of the quest chain really make this a killer if you don't do things at the proper pace. I'm currently at 7/20 secrets after about 8 wings of ToT lfr. Started the Wrathion quest later than I should have, and was basically tired of this tier before even getting the secrets portion unlocked.

I definitely screwed up, but there's no way I'll have the patience to finish this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    I swear, if next week I get a single one from lei shen again, I'm quitting ToT and never coming back. I don't give a fuck about it anymore. This is the most annoying bullshit blizzard has ever come up with - when friends are bragging about them having more runestones on alts than I have on my main.
    (stop getting so mad at an rng based quest)

Felt like the worst RNG collecting them, but I did finally finish. The challenge is a real chore in LFR+Valor gear, plenty of people going to be sad when they realize collecting the stones was the easy part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alt Monk now has the cloak, took 6 weeks.
    Main Hunter still at 5/12 with Lei Shen left this week, 7 weeks into the quest.

RNG is fun guys!

Oh, and the tank scenario when you finish with runestones is a total cakewalk. Not sure how people are having any trouble with it. Maybe DPS ones are harder? I dunno.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2013-06-20 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Oh, and the tank scenario when you finish with runestones is a total cakewalk. Not sure how people are having any trouble with it.
    What class and ilevel? Makes a huge difference.

Doing it as a warrior in 515 gear was tough since every one of the mechanics was relatively punishing at that gear level, and we have nothing but bandaids to heal Wrathion from incidental damage.

Obviously interrupting casts, taunting instantly, stunning Deathwing to allow reset on the DOT, snag and kill adds and don't stand in crap is obvious performance stuff - second wind allowed intelligent gameplay to keep Deathwing's damage survivable while doing all that and allow me to focus on safeguarding and bandaging Wrathion enough to get through.

Not one of the faceroll DK or Paladin videos circulating the youtubes demonstrated that level of difficulty or precision.

Proper performance was the absolute key, but speccing second wind is the only reason I was able to survive long enough to focus on that execution at my gear level. People in 538 and good heals are of course gonna yuk it up about how easy things were - plenty of that on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    What class and ilevel? Makes a huge difference.
    527 Brewmaster Monk

Wrathion had a near-permanent Guard on him, Chi Wave bounces were hitting him, and all of the bosses mechanics were either avoidable or interruptible. Never noticed the DoT doing anything, but I know I didn't drop below 80% health at all. Took about 2-3 minutes total, doing maybe 80k DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a great last two weeks. After getting 3 in 6 weeks, I've gotten 6 in 2.

1-0-1-0-0-1-3-3

With luck, I'll get next week. W/o luck, three weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    527 Brewmaster Monk

Wrathion had a near-permanent Guard on him, Chi Wave bounces were hitting him, and all of the bosses mechanics were either avoidable or interruptible. Never noticed the DoT doing anything, but I know I didn't drop below 80% health at all. Took about 2-3 minutes total, doing maybe 80k DPS.
    Here was the experience as a 515 warrior:

The blood is interruptible if I'm in melee - which is any time I'm not running out to avoid ground crap or rain or resetting the DOT. A missed interrupt is basically almost guaranteeing a wipe since Wrathion will stand in it even if you don't. You could spec for disrupting shout, but the cooldown is too long to make it worthwhile - pummel is your only real mechanic. Stuns simply defer the cast, so wasting your stormbolt from range just deprives you of it when you really need it. The rain is semi-avoidable since it's such a big area and the splash is larger than the ground graphic indicates. The ground crap - I found that many times I'd dodge out of it a second or two before it blew and I'd still take a damage spike as if I'd been in it. Bug maybe. Most of the time that meant a wipe, because it was an unnecessary spike in context with the rest of the damage pressure.

The dot is a strong stacking damage/2s that ramps the longer you stay in melee with him - you need to stun him periodically and run away to let it reset. That's the time he most of all loves to set eyes on Wrathion and whale on him so you need to be watching for the taunt and ready to run back in to keep him on you. The adds spawn and try to eat Wrathion (or once aggroed, you) until killed. If you just finished using your taunt on DW, better heroic leap onto the adds to pull them, and then hope you aren't going to need it to avoid some AOE. Warrior aoe damage is weak without a meaningful Vengeance stack to build it, so you throw up a thunderclap and line up a shockwave to stun everything without incurring the double cooldown then spend what feels like too much of your precious rage on cleaves to kill them and avoid their damage - bonus healing if you can then afford the GCD for impending victory.

Second Wind was enough to keep ahead of his basic melee and the adds so long as everything else was avoided/interrupted, and so long as I kept up my shield block whenever possible. Keeping enough rage flowing to do all that was only manageable by milking my charges as often as possible and trying to block like a madman with recklessness to try and force crit blocks for extra rage. I'd get into the bolts phase in 2-3 minutes with anywhere between 40 and 65% health, ready to soak the bolts. Safeguard to Wrathion and bandage him best you can, and found I needed to blow shield wall and last stand since no way in hell did I have enough rage to keep up shield barrier throughout the entire phase since I couldn't charge in without costing the safeguard - and most of the time Safeguard was needed since charge was on cooldown from avoiding other mechanics.

Then another round of Deathwing + adds + all the aoe mechanics and interrupts that had to be perfect, then another round of bolts, and finally DW died.

Now I know warrior tanks are back of the bus in damage output without Vengeance, and we're lacking in the self-heal area, and our only heal someone else mechanic is the bandage - so it felt pretty damn tough and unforgiving at my gear level, but it was possible and all it required was perfect play.

Hell no to any 2 minute quick wrap though. Not remotely. More like 5-6 minutes of hell.

I'm not complaining - it was definitely a challenge with my gear and it felt amazing to accomplish what I've read several 530+ raiders complaining about. But I'll tell you now there's no way in hell the average LFR sleepwalker can do that without gear radically beyond currently available or learning what they're doing.
    Last edited by Heladys; 2013-06-21 at 07:02 AM.