Page 1 of 65
... LastLast

Titan Runestone Drops

So, there's currently a debate about whether Titan Runestones will be an auto-drop from each of the last six bosses and whether one might be able to get a drop similar in LFR and Normal ToT. There's no way for us to test on our server as Ner'zhul is still 21% away from opening the final gate and killing Nalak.

Can anyone on that part of the legendary quest fill us in?

I am on that part of the quest and got 0/5 Titan runestones off of the 5 bosses leading up to Lei-Shen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 1/4 tonight (last 4 bosses) so definitely not auto-drop.

What difficulties did you do it on? I ran through the Halls of Fleshing Shaping on LFR before our normal raid with no luck, then did all 5 on Normal the next night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bukowskaii, I did it on normal only so far, I have not hopped into LFR this week yet.

One of my guildies got 3 runestones after 4 bosses last night. Lucky dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bukowskaii View Post
    What difficulties did you do it on? I ran through the Halls of Fleshing Shaping on LFR before our normal raid with no luck, then did all 5 on Normal the next night.
    If the runestones behave anything like the secrets you can't double-dip like that. Any boss you've done on one difficulty, regardless of whether or not they actually gave you the item, won't have an additional chance of dropping one on another difficulty within the same lockout. This is all based on assumption for now, though considering their reasoning for making the secrets once-per-boss-per-week I can't imagine why they would then turn around and do the runestones differently (well you know, aside from Blizzard being Blizzard).

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I looted my last 3 secrets from Halls of Flesh Shapping Wedensday and got my meta gem and the quest for Titan Runestones. Does anyone know if I can go into LFR and get Titan Runestones from those last 3 bosses even though I got 3 secrets from the same bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I looted my last 3 secrets from Halls of Flesh Shapping Wedensday and got my meta gem and the quest for Titan Runestones. Does anyone know if I can go into LFR and get Titan Runestones from those last 3 bosses even though I got 3 secrets from the same bosses?
    wanted to know this aswell, relaying on blizzard's last fails I assume there could be such an exploit

I've killed ~8 eligible bosses with the quest so far (can't remember the exact number) and had 0 drops. Sounds like quite a low drop rate.

Deleted
    I had 2 in 3 boss last week (including 1 in normal mode), then 0 in 10 boss this week (all in heroic mode).

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I had 2 in 3 boss last week (including 1 in normal mode), then 0 in 10 boss this week (all in heroic mode).
    Titan Runestones drop only from the last 6 bosses.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

I received 1 off the last 6 last week in 25 normal, have yet to see this week as we're progressing on Megaera atm.

I received three last week so maybe I'm just lucky (for once).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I would be interested in knowing this as well if anyone can confirm. I killed Durumu and Primordius on normal already before getting to this part of the quest, so I wasn't eligible for Titan Runestone drops at the time of killing. I'm wondering if the LFR version of those could drop a Runestone for me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    I would be interested in knowing this as well if anyone can confirm. I killed Durumu and Primordius on normal already before getting to this part of the quest, so I wasn't eligible for Titan Runestone drops at the time of killing. I'm wondering if the LFR version of those could drop a Runestone for me right now.
    Some guildies and I tested this out last week - we got our meta after we finished the regular instance. Our results were 0/15 I believe (since only 3rd part LFR could possibly have given runestones last week.) Not a statistically significant sample size, but it makes me think you can only get one chance at a legendary item of either type from one boss per week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I'm 1/4 so far
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Killed last six bosses this week, got two Runestones. Similarly to Secrets, I don't believe raid difficulty affects the drop rate, and they have a shared drop chance like Secrets, so don't bother doing LFR then normal/heroic or vice versa.

Given that the quest is asking for a little more than half the items of the previous collection quest, and it's working with half the amount of possible bosses, I think it's reasonable to assume that the drop rate is about the same. Some people will get very lucky, some people will have completely ass luck.

Also note that we have until 5.3 to finish up this part of the quest. The cloak rewards are not even available yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Also note that we have until 5.3 to finish up this part of the quest. The cloak rewards are not even available yet.
    It's been 1½ months since 5.2 came out. We might only have another 2-4 weeks until 5.3.