Oh my god leave ancients alone...

Is it not enough that you've ruined druid forms by sticking leather bracers and necklaces on the animal forms?

Is it not enough how much you've spit on Warcraft with the latest expansion?

Night Elf Ancients' models are derived straight out of Warcraft 3, the greatest cumulative effort of Blizzard's artists until the end of pre-BC when the Blizzard core split into 10 million different companies.

Night Elven Ancients look great and they remind us all of better times in Warcraft, the new models look like something I would do in Maya 3 years ago when I had no idea how to do 3D modelling and I was still struggling with nurbs and vertexes.

Please for the love of god leave the Ancients with their current forms, at the most update their textures but don't give us the crap I'm seeing on the MMO C front page right now, IT DOES NOT LOOK IN ANY WAY BETTER.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a pet. If you don't like its model, don't use/collect it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    ^^ It's a pet Mon' <3

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Is it not enough how much you've spit on Warcraft with the latest expansion?
    Stoped reading there.

It's their franchise they can do whatever the fuck they want with it.

Oh, thanks god, also great avatar Dacoolist, VGS!

---------- Post added 2013-04-09 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Stoped reading there.

Why do I want to know you stopped reading there? That's like reading the title of my novel, attending my convention, and telling me "I did not read your novel".

Why am I supposed to care?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Stoped reading there.

It's my MMO, it'll die if I want to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I like the new models! Even if its just for a pet, I hope they give them to resto druids in form of a glyph or something, because I love a bit of variety, the old treant form, I often hoped they would customise, so that in summer it would fully bloom, and in winter it might have some snow on the branches etc, one of the reasons I love being a Druid is for all the forms, so hopefully these new skins are something they will implement eventually for the player to use|

Why do I want to know you stopped reading there? That's like reading the title of my novel, attending my convention, and telling me "I did not read your novel".

When posting your opinion on an online forum, it's awfully hypocritical and ironic to complain about others posting their opinion in response. If you didn't want people commenting on your first two unrelated, opinionated questions, you shouldn't have put them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's my MMO, it'll die if I want to?
    It's not your MMO. O.o

On topic, they looked like pet models from the moment I glanced at them. They're certainly very chibi-looking. I would never expect them to replace the ancients models with those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It's not your MMO. O.o
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_My_Party_(song)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Night Elven Ancients look great and they remind us all of better times in Warcraft, the new models look like something I would do in Maya 3 years ago when I had no idea how to do 3D modelling and I was still struggling with nurbs and vertexes.
    If you think you could do better, they always seem to be hiring.

edit: They look pretty close to their intended original, so I'm not sure what you're expecting:
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...rotector.shtml

Well, that would certainly explain why I didn't know what you were talking about. My bad.

Blizz response right here-

Forreal though, the ancients are badass. Would love to see them in game.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    When posting your opinion on an online forum, it's awfully hypocritical and ironic to complain about others posting their opinion in response. If you didn't want people commenting on your first two unrelated, opinionated questions, you shouldn't have put them there.
    "I ate a cheeseburger today and it tasted great because I hate animals.

I hate animals because each of my family members was slaughtered by a different animal in their lifetime."

-------------------

Imagine now you quote only my first phrase. Would that be a response to my opinion? No, because my argument is made of 2 major ideas. You have to respond to the entire argument to answer my *opinion* or view.

You can't just take the word "cheeseburger" and answer "I like cheeseburgers". That's called trolling. It's actually REAL trolling. Not what people pass off as trolling today just because you write a different opinion than theirs.

Also, hypocrisy and irony are not mutually inclusive, you might want to brush up on your definitions before you fall off your high Tyrannosaurus.

Then why are we supposed to care about your complaining?

They're fine, it's merely pets, and you don't see the ancients anywhere except for Darnassus anyways. No big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    If you think you could do better, they always seem to be hiring.

edit: They look pretty close to their intended original, so I'm not sure what you're expecting:
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/night...rotector.shtml
    They actually look more like the linked image than the ones we have now. Of course, the top-down style of WC means the proportions get skewed, so the top-heavy style looks appropriate, but it's probably not the actual intended scale.

Also, way to flip out over nothing. New models are always nice to have, Blizz has stated they don't plan on totally removing old models with new ones in the past (as was first suspected when the new Gryphon/Wyvern models were found, Blizz said they'd keep the old ones that were already in-use), and they're just Ancients. They're kind of boring, really.

Oh god. You're one of 'those' people, aren't you? The type of person who foams and spews at the thought of MoP being canon lore and hate how Wow 'has been ruined' from the last few expansions? Good grief.

Pure idiocy.

The models you see on the front page are "pet versions". Notice that when something becomes a pet, often time they get "shrunk and cute-ified"? Short body, stubby limbs, enormous eyes. Its how pets have been going in recent years, nothing new. Nothing is ruining your precious out of date, crappy pixelated Ancients that look no different from their RTS Models.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is clearly not worth leaving open.