[Resto] Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn

This trinket dropped for me last night in LFR. The LFR (502) version is ranked #23 on Ask Mr Robot for Resto druids. Even 463 blue trinkets like Vial of Ichorus Blood rank #15, 8 slots higher.

Here are the wowhead links for comparison:

Insribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95712

Vial of Ichorous Blood
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=81264/

My question is, should I really be using INT trinkets over SPR trinkets? I'm shocked by how low-value SPR trinkets seem to be, and the proc on Inscribed Bag seems really off. It could proc when someone is at full health, wasting the effect.

Here is my current armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lfurion/simple

Thanks for the help.

Deleted
    If anyone has some imput on how good this trinket actually is, i'd love to hear it as well.

We had that trinket drop and both our resto druid and shaman wanted it. I stood there thinking: "That thing seems absolutely terrible." I later found out the ICD had been 17 sec before the buff. I'd like to know more about that.

The trinket is absolutely terrible. Spirit is generally quite bad for resto druids and the proc is abysmal. After the recent hotfix, it was around 0.7% of my healing on fights such as Megaera 10 heroic at less than 500k healing done.

Yeah it's more or less trash. Druids are better off with Trinkets that give +Int over trinkets that give +Spirit. And the proc isn't very good, that's a really mediocre shield even considering the 17 sec ICD.

Hey there, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. It really is a bad trinket. For more information, take a look at our trinket page. You'll see that the amount of stats you get over the course of a fight from the proc is incredibly low compared to all of the other trinkets.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Thanks so much for confirming my suspicions! I will definitely check out the trinket page on AMR.

Deleted
    Yes dont understand why that trinket is so crap in general i think design / implementation of new trinkets is not that good.

Horridon trinket is quite good (thunderforged or heroic) if you have a coin it might worth using it on that boss (unless you save them for tier tokens)

As for spirit comment i dont completely agree... Also dont forget that you can reforge spirit ,in worse case ,while you cant do the same with intellect. Yes intellect is much needed stat but value of spirit especially in our current bad state (25man) is not that low as people say.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so much the Spirit that makes the trinket unattractive. The proc is just really terrible.
    I blog about Resto Druid stuff at WTS Heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvenate View Post
    It's not so much the Spirit that makes the trinket unattractive. The proc is just really terrible.
    Even if the proc was decent, would you pick a spirit trinket over an intellect one?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Even if the proc was decent, would you pick a spirit trinket over an intellect one?
    if the proc provided enough throughput to atleast break even with the amount you gain from an int trinket then yea you would at least have a choice in the matter.