Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Ghostcrawler blames addons for stampede lag via twitter

And says addons should be updated to correct this. Looks like it's never getting fixed boys and it's a "live with it" issue

Probably because it IS an addon issue. I, nor any one else in my raid group has this problem. You'll have to figure out what addon is doing it, and convince the dev to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that it was caused by Skada, and was actually fixed in latest version
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Probably because it IS an addon issue. I, nor any one else in my raid group has this problem. You'll have to figure out what addon is doing it, and convince the dev to fix it.
    It only happens in very specific fights in specific phases, like Sha of Fear heroic's Dread Expanse. I have the feeling you simply didn't encounter the issue people are complaining about. Even with all addons disabled it still causes the exact frame rate loss.

yes, it happens in very specific fights but not for everyone and not everytime.. for example, i never have lag in Sha of Fear fight, but last week i got lagfest even on lei shen (not mention ji-kun, need to have pet buff off macro there) i bet its some popular addon, dbm maybe?

Deleted
    It's happened elsewhere.

On my Death Knight, when I had my addons enabled, casting Army of the Dead would reduce my framerate by around 50 on Stone Guards.

Never worked out what addon caused it, only that disabling them all fixed it. My RL wasn't cool with us re-attempting SG over and over again with me re-enabling each addon one by one for each attempt so I just dumped them all and got ElvUI rendering most of my addons useless.

Based on that, Stampede doing the same seems entirely plausible.

Only time prior to this stuff that I got lock-up style lag was on spine third plate with nameplates visible. That being said, I've only really encountered it on Ji-Kun, and that only recently.

I have no issues casting stampede so far other than on Ji-Kun. Macro doesn't seem to work either(maybe it's not setup right if you can post macro that you know works for wolf) It is to the point now that my raid won't allow me to cast stampede on ji-kun. I use Lui, arkinventory, bt4, recount, atlas loot, vuhdo, dbm.

Deleted
    ive never experienced lag with stampede :s and my main is a hunter

As a hunter, I have found that the add-on, Recount, is what causes my lag when I use stampede. I have found that when I disable Recount on fights like Sha of Fear, I do not get the Stampede lag any longer.

Jboro, the problem is i have ppl in raid who doesnt have recount (they use skada) and have this lag issue... btw any1 also check this nameplates off thing?

I have every addon updated vigorously... and i only run grid/recount etc.. it's not an addon issue. I've had other hunters stampede on ji-kun when i had ZERO addons enabled and i still lagged.

Oh hi Grafex just noticed you started this. We ran 3 hunters (including myself) on Ji-kun they used macro and had no lag until I popped stampede with macro frozen several people for 10-15sec. Also I noticed that one time I accidently hit stampede (b/c i'm not allowed to normally b/c I have crashed some people) and started to lag then I switch my pet to defensive and lag eased up. Is this connected only with the stampede glyph. Will I still get lag without glyph (has anyone tried).

I also get lag on Ji-kun and I'm a rogue. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    I also get lag on Ji-kun and I'm a rogue. ._.
    Do you have a hunter in raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    I have every addon updated vigorously... and i only run grid/recount etc.. it's not an addon issue. I've had other hunters stampede on ji-kun when i had ZERO addons enabled and i still lagged.
    Recount has an option to sync with other players in the raid so that the logs are more accurate. Upside? Accuracy. Downside? Higher network traffic as everyone's Recount tries to sync with everyone else's and, if you add 5 things all doing dps, I wonder if that's an issue. Wouldn't explain the no addon situation, but in your shoes I'd try either disabling REcount, turning the sync option off (you used to be able to do that) or using Skada which doesn't do the sync thing.

Deleted
    I've also recently experienced it on Ji'kun arround last 15% hp with my hunter and my monk alter, but i'm not sure what is causing it.

I've never had any lag, but I also don't use Recount.

If I role up to Sha of Fear in a raid group with Recount active, I get lag. If I role up to Sha of Fear in a raid group without Recount active, I do not get lag. I may not know exactly what is causing the issue but I do know how to fix it.

I do wonder if it could be Recount + Unknown app that causes this issue, since others say they have recount and do not have this problem. I never have this problem when I am soloing stuff by the way, only when in a raid group on certain bosses. I also use the Stampede Glyph, I have not tried it w/o that glyph.

So many variables here...
    Last edited by Jboro; 2013-04-04 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Typo

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    When you guys are talking about lag during Stampede, do you mean that the spell cooldowns and activations aren't working as they normally do? Like ES could be about to come off cooldown and you press it like normal, but it doesn't activate in time like it normally would.