Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dk solo Zandalari Warbringer question

Ive been killing these Warbringers for the 3 mounts, I currently have 2/3 and have been noticing that my damage has not changed much at all even with a considerable amount of upgrades. Its become easier to handle them without worry of being killed, even taking on a scout at the same time if they unless they both have the horror spell. My question is what kind of dps are you all pulling when killing them solo? I ask this because ive used mainly runic corruption but yesterday I switch to empowerment and havent been able to go past 46-49k dps with either choice. Takes about 10min to kill them.

Im concerned because a few times people have tried to pull threat from me and force reset so they can get the tag. I had the warbringer down to 87% then a druid comes up and in a very short amount of time gains aggro and runs as far as he can to try and chain reset. For some odd reason he didnt reset after being pulled quite far and the druid gave up. Same thing in two seperate occasions with a void lord and a blood dk. Im questioning how they can build up so much threat with no vengeance and ive built up a good 2min worth. I need to know what im doin wrong spec wise and if tehre are any tips i may be missing to increase my threat/dps.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nanoz/advanced

Dark Succor glyph was there as an experiment to see if scarabs proc it, it doesnt.

Deleted
    They don't do THAT much damage. I was soloing them in blood spec with DPS gear (until I just gave up a couple of weeks ago) and, yes it takes about 6 mins to kill them but I'm sure I was pulling about 70K or so DPS. So yeah - use DPS gear.

They're no longer tauntable so that shouldn't be an issue, others pulling it off you are likely in tank spec/DPS gear so they're building threat up very quickly. Personally I don't like RE as Blood - RC/BT seems superior but, meh each to their own.

Rolling blood gets rid of the scarabs pretty quickly, Desecrated ground/Lichborne breaks the Horror and popping AMS as it's being cast prevents it completely.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use Lichborne as another fearbreaker. I noticed you don't have that specced. Between that + Desecrated Ground + AMS, I never get feared, so I'm always dpsing the boss.

I like to get as much vengeance as possible to increase my dps. I like to eat the cone and let the spirit hit me sometimes. I spec asphyxiate and stun the spirit so that I'm not having to kite as much. I always flask up (but I'm an Alchemist, so they're easy for me to come by). I even like to pull the Pterrorwing on top of me to help. I usually do around 60-70k dps in pure tank gear, as a beginner blood dk (I recently just went tank for my raid this tier). I'm sure I'd do more in dps gear, but idk. I like to play it safe. I've had MANY people try to take my Warbringer, but they always end in failure (and good entertainment, I must say). Enjoy!
    Last edited by Krystal; 2013-03-27 at 10:24 PM.
    I am a filthy casual!

Ugh had such a bad time with them last night, I would fly by Alliance killing them, not even make an attempt to touch them in the slightest and yet everytime they saw me killing one (usually between 20-10% at that point) they would gang up and kill me.

On topic though I usually pull about 70k, I can usually rotate between using DRW, ghoul, ERW and have ERW almost up by the time it's dead. So almost 5 mins ish to kill one.

Vengeance will also drop quickly if you're not taking lots of damage so avoiding abilities like the cone or summoned spirit melee you could be gimping your damage. Spirits also don't follow the rule of the warbringer so the druid could have taunted that, eaten hits for high vengeance and used it to pull off you.

Also for the fear: AMS, Lichborne, Desecrated ground, and trinket all work so you could theoretically handle 2 critters with the fear as long as you had all 4 abilities to chain, and the vengeance is pretty sweet (Personally had around 70k with Scout+bringer).

Just interupt the fear, tank them in dps gear / blood spec. gg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Just interupt the fear, tank them in dps gear / blood spec. gg
    The fear is not interuptable any more, from the warbringers at least. The scouts can be interupted.
    I am a druid tank and i dont do much dmg as well because i cant build vengeance. It seems that it doesnt hit hard at all with the exception of his frontal cone AOE. No vengeance - no cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    I use Lichborne as another fearbreaker. I noticed you don't have that specced. Between that + Desecrated Ground + AMS, I never get feared, so I'm always dpsing the boss.

I like to get as much vengeance as possible to increase my dps. I like to eat the cone and let the spirit hit me sometimes. I spec asphyxiate and stun the spirit so that I'm not having to kite as much. I always flask up (but I'm an Alchemist, so they're easy for me to come by). I even like to pull the Pterrorwing on top of me to help. I usually do around 60-70k dps in pure tank gear, as a beginner blood dk (I recently just went tank for my raid this tier). I'm sure I'd do more in dps gear, but idk. I like to play it safe. I've had MANY people try to take my Warbringer, but they always end in failure (and good entertainment, I must say). Enjoy!
    Wow, most everyone is saying close to 70k dps. Im in my tank gear using the 500+ all stats item since its free and I always have it up. Killed 2 warbringers earlier today doing about 50k dps. I guess i have to pull adds to help build vengeance and see if i can get it close to 70k like everyone else seems to be closing at. If that doesnt help, I need to try to see what im doing wrong. By chance is everyone using Fallen crusader to get to those numbers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avisagalla View Post
    Wow, most everyone is saying close to 70k dps. Im in my tank gear using the 500+ all stats item since its free and I always have it up. Killed 2 warbringers earlier today doing about 50k dps. I guess i have to pull adds to help build vengeance and see if i can get it close to 70k like everyone else seems to be closing at. If that doesnt help, I need to try to see what im doing wrong. By chance is everyone using Fallen crusader to get to those numbers?
    easy: more vengeance

eat the cone, facetank spirits (asphyxiate if you notice an uncomfortable amount of damage) or maybe add a warscout if you are able to handle the effects from him, too (two spirits can get quite ugly quite fast, if you want to try keep that in mind). Add the flying dinosaur, add everything as long as you are able to get rid of it fast enough or to survive it - basically its all free-damage.
    DRW double soul reaper / double diseases & as I am lazy and want to do it fast I also use food, flask and pre/infightpotion.
    You could also channel army in a high vengeance situation

& use Fallen Crusader, yes.
    Last edited by mmocb691fa1770; 2013-03-28 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Discodelya View Post
    easy: more vengeance

eat the cone, facetank spirits (asphyxiate if you notice an uncomfortable amount of damage) or maybe add a warscout if you are able to handle the effects from him, too (two spirits can get quite ugly quite fast, if you want to try keep that in mind). Add the flying dinosaur, add everything as long as you are able to get rid of it fast enough or to survive it - basically its all free-damage.
    DRW double soul reaper / double diseases & as I am lazy and want to do it fast I also use food, flask and pre/infightpotion.
    You could also channel army in a high vengeance situation

& use Fallen Crusader, yes.
    Get Chillblains.

Pull as many other mobs as you want, kite ghosts ezpz.

As long as the warscouts don't have fear, you'll wrecking ball it.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Is ilvl479 ( mix of tank & dps gear ) enough to survive? I tried it few times and i got nuked pretty fast, ofc as blood spec. Any tip regarding opening, how to manage my CDs, rotation would be helpful.

I could do it in my Blood Spec with full DPS gear on reforged out of Mastery and for hit caps (2H Frost reforging), it was a challenge though, my DPS gear was around 490. I mean, it wasn't hard, it's just you actually have to pay attention and avoid bad shit like meteors/frontal cone/ghost hits. Get Chillblains, kite ghosts. Get Lichborne. Lichborne/AMS for every single fear and/or use another CD, like Vamp Blood or IBF, make sure you CD every fear since they're uninterruptible. Scarabs, just get Roiling Blood tier 1 and Blood Boil diseases onto them. GG Collect the mount that never ever drops.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Chillblains is unnecessary. The ghosts can be kited without a snare or stun. If you really want a snare, glyph DnD and save a proc for the ghosts.

Is ilvl479 ( mix of tank & dps gear ) enough to survive?
    Yep. Just make sure to avoid mechanics when able. He doesn't hit hard, it's the ghosts, cones, and meteors that do.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

I use the same gear for tank/dps currently excepting tier pieces. So I have high haste/mastery and hit/exp caps, at 480 ish I can easily solo them with eating most of their abilities. Ive noticed my blood shield is usually maxed and never in trouble and all the damage I get is magic. Also the one in Dread wastes allows you to use the klaxxi buffs to good affect.

Yeah I was doing them in tank gear at first but it was literally taking me like 15min to kill them. Switched to DPS gear and it hits a little harder, but makes the fight a lot quicker by almost 8min.

10+ Year Old Account
    I solo it as blood in dps gear, no issues whatsoever.

Seeing as you cant mind freeze the fear anymore you can just AMS it.

Edit: Oh, I didn't realized they made them untauntable. I hadn't noticed since I never have competition on my empty server. Disregard.

You are aware that your damage-based threat is irrelevant for any class with a taunt, right? I believe druids can growl regardless of spec just by flipping to bear form. Not to mention, void lords have as close to a real tank taunt as possible for a non-player to have.

Warbringers will reset eventually. I tried kiting the one from Kun Lai into Vale, but as soon as I hit the gate (possibly phasing issue?) it teleported all the way back to it's spawn point. Curiously, I still had aggro even at that distance, but it eventually reset before it could make the jog back to me.

If someone in your faction is taunting it off you, report them. That's considered griefing and is a punishable offense (since you can't take action against someone of your own faction, it's abusing game mechanics).

If you are worried about it, like others suggest, go blood dk in dps gear so you have a true taunt. You can also get about 50-60K of vengeance AP by letting the ghosts hit you a couple times and healing back the damage.

And if you have to choose, solo the one in Dread Wastes. There's a Klaxxi augmentation that resets your cooldown on AMS every 10s or so, or ones that do huge amounts of damage (the stacking poison dot) and other things that make the fight a lot easier.
    Last edited by Adrim; 2013-03-29 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    You are aware that your damage-based threat is irrelevant for any class with a taunt, right? I believe druids can growl regardless of spec just by flipping to bear form. Not to mention, void lords have as close to a real tank taunt as possible for a non-player to have.

Warbringers will reset eventually. I tried kiting the one from Kun Lai into Vale, but as soon as I hit the gate (possibly phasing issue?) it teleported all the way back to it's spawn point. Curiously, I still had aggro even at that distance, but it eventually reset before it could make the job back to me.

If someone in your faction is taunting it off you, report them. That's considered griefing and is a punishable offense (since you can't take action against someone of your own faction, it's abusing game mechanics).

If you are worried about it, like others suggest, go blood dk in dps gear so you have a true taunt. You can also get about 50-60K of vengence AP by letting the ghosts hit you a couple times and healing back the damage.

And if you have to choose, solo the one in Dread Wastes. There's a Klaxxi augmentation that resets your cooldown on AMS even 10s or so, or ones that do huge amounts of damage (the stacking poison dot) and other things that make the fight a lot easier.
    they're immune to taunt.

So let me get this right. As a DK fresh out of the Lich Kings grasp, should I aim to gear DPS from the start and kill it in Blood Spec with Blood Presence?

My DK's only purpose is to kill these Warbringers and will gear up through LFR and a bit of random Valor gear. And at roughly what ilevel would you say it starts being doable? Also should I reforge my dps gear into Blood stats?

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    So let me get this right. As a DK fresh out of the Lich Kings grasp, should I aim to gear DPS from the start and kill it in Blood Spec with Blood Presence?

My DK's only purpose is to kill these Warbringers and will gear up through LFR and a bit of random Valor gear. And at roughly what ilevel would you say it starts being doable? Also should I reforge my dps gear into Blood stats?
    I've soloed them with roughly 476 ilvl pure tank or mixed with some dps gear. You just need mastery, the more you can get the better.
    Don't forget to get Lichborne/Desecrated ground for the fear, combined with ams should prevent you from getting fear through out the fight.

The problem on ravencrest is to find a warbringer alone and alive :P