Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So basically it's either take his plan and have a chance at sucess or come up with their own plan and more than likely end up dead.
    And where does he get the stance of his way or the highway?

HIS faction is dying off and getting purged
    HIS people are being executed en masse
    HIS rebellion needs the Alliance to succeed

The man who needs to clamour to the enemy to help survive is on just about no ground to take the "I'm right and you follow me" path.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Nope. 5.3 has the troll rebellion led by Vol'jin facing off directly against Kok'ron soldiers, then marching on Orgrimmar while the Alliance scurry around the outskirts of Orgrimmar and do some SI:7 espionage. Honestly it feels like they got the roles mixed up. The rebellion should be doing the espionage while the massive army does the direct march, even with the two working in tandem.
    The problem is the Rebellion can no longer wait and the Alliance Fleet is still far from Durotar. That's why the roles are mixed up, the events led to it.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Still waiting for the Alliance to have some relevance and their own "high-five" moment like we were promised.

So far 5.4 just looks like Vol'jin bossing us around and us doing the work to serve the Horde in their civil war.

Blizzard, as usual, disappoints Alliance players looking for something worthwhile for their own faction.
    "Hush, Atsawin26" - Malfurion

You know what'm talkin' about.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The problem is the Rebellion can no longer wait and the Alliance Fleet is still far from Durotar. That's why the roles are mixed up, the events led to it.
    Still doesn't quite make sense to me other than just conveniently saying "the fleet is far away" for the sake of that supporting what they put in place. It's not events led to it, it feels more like events were set to allow for it.

It just still feels backwards, belittles the Alliance, and even misses an opportunity to play up Vol'jin as a Shadow Hunter.

Though the Horde does have Chen on their side, so maybe they could handle a direct assault on Orgrimmar on their own. Chen be awesome. :3
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-04-10 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. 5.3 has the troll rebellion led by Vol'jin facing off directly against Kok'ron soldiers, then marching on Orgrimmar while the Alliance scurry around the outskirts of Orgrimmar and do some SI:7 espionage. Honestly it feels like they got the roles mixed up. The rebellion should be doing the espionage while the massive army does the direct march, even with the two working in tandem.
    Ah awesome, thank you for letting me know. I do agree with you too there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Those are precisely the points that makes Vol'jin right. His entire tribe is on stake here, it's do or die for all of them. Sorry if he is not caring about Alliance's plan, which is short of the Alliance army that is still on route to Durotar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin has no reason to trust the alliance, what reason has the alliance ever given him to trust you?

But what he's saying, if you listen to him, is if you, alliance, are so arrogent that you think you can match into orgrimmar alone and your just take over or deal with whatever you want, then your be dead.

He doesn't have a dam reason to trust alliance, but he's smarter then that and knows they will be useful in taking garrosh down.

Oh, and typical I expect them to make a thing about his breath, right, because no alliance character has ever had bad breath before.

As usual the drama queen Allys in here assume they are doing everything. Its a combined effort to bring down Garrosh. You are acting like the entire Alliance forces are on Orgs doorstep. They are not and you don't stand a chance alone.

Deleted
    Still doesn't quite make sense to me other than just conveniently saying "the fleet is far away" for the sake of that supporting what they put in place. It's not events led to it, it feels more like events were set to allow for it.

It just still feels backwards, belittles the Alliance, and even misses an opportunity to play up Vol'jin as a Shadow Hunter.
    This comes from the 5.1 events and... well, the novel that we don't know nothing about. The Rebellion started months ago, not in 5.3.

Deleted
    The man who needs to clamour to the enemy to help survive is on just about no ground to take the "I'm right and you follow me" path.
    he's not that convinced that he needs the Alliance at all. He's been planning with Baine, Sylvanas, and Lor'themar to overthrow Garrosh, the Alliance aren't a factor either way until we roll up and offer to help him.

Vol'jin is wise. Trust in Vol'jin.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are precisely the points that makes Vol'jin right. His entire tribe is on stake here, it's do or die for all of them. Sorry if he is not caring about Alliance's plan, which is short of the Alliance army that is still on route to Durotar.
    pretty much. The alliance has its own stake in taking down garrosh, but Vol'jin has no reason to trust or even like the alliance. He's said it he would sooner put more faith in sylvanas then the alliance. But he is willing to for the sake of his people work with them, on his terms. He won't be pushed around by any alliance BS.

And where does he get the stance of his way or the highway?

HIS rebellion needs the Alliance to succeed

The Alliance need the horde as well, people seem to underestimate Garrosh, we all know he has something up his sleeve. Thrall will probably die and I hope Vol'jin doesn't but it seems likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    As usual the drama queen Allys in here assume they are doing everything. Its a combined effort to bring down Garrosh. You are acting like the entire Alliance forces are on Orgs doorstep. They are not and you don't stand a chance alone.
    Yep. Can't fathom that, oh I dunno, people in the horde are the ones who are suffering right at this moment, and the alliance is there to settle a grudge. Proiroty, Vol'jin's people are the ones in danger now, and he's not about to let the alliance walk all over his plan to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Yet without the 'drama queen Allys' your Horde would be up a shits creek without a paddle.

I think the main argument from Ally side is that in reality Vol'Jin has no room to be a smart ass considering he needs Alliance aid. Also, that (yet again) the story revolves around the horde, and Alliance players feel lied to by Metzen.

Just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Yeah, not sure why people think he comes off as antagonistic here. It's basically a siege-battle version of the Jack Sparrow "what a man can do/what a man can't do" speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Yep. Can't fathom that, oh I dunno, people in the horde are the ones who are suffering right at this moment, and the alliance is there to settle a grudge. Proiroty, Vol'jin's people are the ones in danger now, and he's not about to let the alliance walk all over his plan to save them.
    Alliance is settling more than a grudge considering Theramore was nuked into oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Those are precisely the points that makes Vol'jin right. His entire tribe is on stake here
    So his logic is to pull tough shit and try and pull a power snatch over the full army that he's relying on to keep that tribe alive? Genius plan, Vol'jin Warchief 2014, the Horde will be long dead within an expansion timeframe with that genius at the helm.
    Last edited by Millie; 2013-04-10 at 12:14 AM.

Vol'jin has no reason to trust the alliance, what reason has the alliance ever given him to trust you?

But what he's saying, if you listen to him, is if you, alliance, are so arrogent that you think you can match into orgrimmar alone and your just take over or deal with whatever you want, then your be dead.

He doesn't have a dam reason to trust alliance, but he's smarter then that and knows they will be useful in taking garrosh down.

Oh, and typical I expect them to make a thing about his breath, right, because no alliance character has ever had bad breath before.
    He trusted us to come to Stormwind and ask for our help dealing with the Zandalari.
    What has the Alliance done to show they can't be trusted? Nothing. The Horde attacked us, not the other way around. He has no reason to distrust us other than fear of us enacting justice for what the Horde has done over the past few years.

And the trolls breath is kind of a "thing." One of their racial jokes even mentions it.

It's a poor way to handle coordinating an alliance of necessity between Horde rebellion and Alliance forces. I'm just saying it could have been done much better. I'd even prefer a thread I remember suggesting the Alliance raid should have been set up as a direct Siege with the Horde raid being more sneaking through and taking down targets specifically selected (some even prior to Alliance arrival at that point of raid to clear the way for Alliance).

Final lore moment? Varian taking some high and mighty "we'll take Garrosh in to justice" and Vol'jin getting to kill him like he promised he would from the shadows.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-04-10 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey alliance players, can you just suck in your pride and think on how this battle to come effects both horde and alliance. Infact it effects the horde even more, because in the outcome of events, the horde could be weaker for it and at more risk from the alliance, so this comes down to vol'jin keeping things real.

Hey alliance players, can you just suck in your pride and think on how this battle to come effects both horde and alliance.
    Hey, Horde player. Spend 3 years playing catch up to the only faction that gets a story and see how you feel.

Of course it effects the Horde more, your 2 head writers are retards who can't go to Starbucks for a morning coffee without screaming FOR THE HORDE when they get their change back. You expect the story to be anything but all about the Horde?