10+ Year Old Account

BoA iLvl 450 Pandaria weapons - No agi?

So, I can't help but notice that there was a 1h str dps weapon in Townlong (to me it's a dps weapon, it doesn't have tank stats on it), then for some ungoshly reason Blizzard added ANOTHER 450 str dps weapon in the Mantid archaology...

Yet there is still no 1h (not including daggers) agi weapons for shamans, monks, or Combat rogues.

>.>

Am I just being a whinging bugger, or is this annoying anyone else?

Links:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95391 - Archaeology str wep
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86518 - Townlong BoA str wep
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by colmadero View Post

I hope you do realise thats an Archeaology Rare.

Hes on about the items that spawn all around pandaria as world spawns.
    And as sweet as that staff is 1handers are lacking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by colmadero View Post
    he asked for 1 handed.

OT well not everyone can be lucky. there is no healing staff either.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, Rogue's and Shaman's can't make much use out of a 2h...
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

I have one of all of the "treasures" weapons and several of most of them except for the two new Arch rares.

If you have Archaeology, the staff should be pretty quick to solve. It's a "rare" in color only. It's not in the least like farming Zinrokh or Vial. However, arch pre-flying in Pandaria is just ultra painful (I thought it was anyway). The staff can be upgraded (well, again some day) and then becomes a stupidly OP 471 weapon that a level 85 melee can use and is BiS for all level 85 melee that can wield it except for that BMAH epic. It really doesn't matter whether it has tank stats or DPS stats or whatever on it. The reason you would use it is the huge weapon damage.

"Healing staff"? The Dissector's Staff is just fine thank you.

Most people here should know that if you are leveling a physical DPS or tank, the most important weapon stat is damage/DPS. You can ignore everything else unless you are comparing two weapons with the same DPS. If, for example, you are a level 86 rogue it doesn't matter in the slightest whether your one hander has agility or strength on it unless you are choosing between two weapons with the same DPS.

You can't get enough tank stats on a weapon to make a real difference when leveling, and they aren't necessary anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's not a weapon but at least you can get a 450 agi trinket. I might be wrong, but I don't think there's any other BoA trinket with this ilvl.
    http://www.wowhead.com/object=213970

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Well, it's not a weapon but at least you can get a 450 agi trinket. I might be wrong, but I don't think there's any other BoA trinket with this ilvl.
    http://www.wowhead.com/object=213970
    its BoP
    which made me sad when i found mine, since i also thought it was boa at first.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    its BoP
    which made me sad when i found mine, since i also thought it was boa at first.
    It's weird. Two of the trinkets are BoP, while the +Int necklace is bind to account and the pet trinket is also bind to account.

Not really sure what the reasoning there was. But then again I have two of the purple strength maces that drop from the rare in Jade Forest, one on my rogue and one on my warlock. Not sure why those are BoP while some of the other purple gear that drops from rares is BoE.

There are several BoE melee trinkets suitable for leveling 85-90 although they will cost a few k.

Deleted
    There is a 1h 450 dagger in Dread Wastes; it's called Wind-Reaver's Dagger of Quick Strikes.

It's a rare in the zone but my rogue does have it.

As the previous poster said, there IS an AGI dagger, it's in Dread Wastes.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86519
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    As the previous poster said, there IS an AGI dagger, it's in Dread Wastes.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86519
    I have two of them on my rogue, and they made leveling a complete joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    So, I can't help but notice that there was a 1h str dps weapon in Townlong (to me it's a dps weapon, it doesn't have tank stats on it), then for some ungoshly reason Blizzard added ANOTHER 450 str dps weapon in the Mantid archaology...

Yet there is still no 1h (not including daggers) agi weapons for shamans, monks, or Combat rogues.

>.>

Am I just being a whinging bugger, or is this annoying anyone else?

Links:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95391 - Archaeology str wep
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86518 - Townlong BoA str wep

Just take the townlong weapon, it's double itemized on str and that is still 1AP for agi classes, if you're enhance that fire proc even scales with mastery.
    It's only levelling btw, not min max raiding. Weapon damage is most important anyway. Monks can use the poleaxe from archy btw.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    OP was specifically talking about weapons other than daggers. And yet there are three consecutive posts about the daggers.

I have two of them. Took a long time to get them even on my medium-pop server. They worked great for my rogue and ... well ... I guess that's it until I can mail them to another realm.

The Arch sword would be the best option, at 463 and usable at 85. It doesn't take long to get (I dug it up along with the gun in about 2 hours tonight). In fact, with the respawn time on the Klaxxi weapons being days and people still farming them, the Arch sword would be the way to go if you're in a hurry. It could take weeks to get two 450 swords if people are camping them.

The Klaxxi Arch sword is also a strength weapon, but the primary stat really isn't important where a melee weapon is concerned, not during leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    he asked for 1 handed.

OT well not everyone can be lucky. there is no healing staff either.
    Healing Staff
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

He asked for non daggers.

But honestly, there's a 1h mace that's ilvl420 something that drops quite often and is usually the cheapest Pandaria blue weapon on the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the mantid archaeology str 1H sword on my rogue, and the leveling is quite silly
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

While the strength weapons aren't optimal, wouldn't the raw DPS outweigh the fact that they have strength as opposed to agility? I know for a DK, for example, it is worth using the archy spear for that reason.

Even then, rogues are already covered as mentioned above and the spear works great for monks. I suppose the only class combo that isn't really covered is enchance shammies, but even they can use daggers (At least they could during cata no idea about now), so essentially, weather it be treasures or archy, I'd say most every spec is covered to some extent.

And really, if you MUST have the EXACT stats that suit your class, just use quest weapons, theys till exist too, ya know.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom