Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My Gaurdian Spirit...

Always seems to fail in pvp when I cast it on other people (to save them from death)... how do I deal with this? Is it a bug or what?
    Last edited by Yaraza; 2013-04-10 at 11:05 AM.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This could possibly be relevant:
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47788#comments:id=1325324
    Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.
    Also, the spell has had problems for a long time in situations where the killing blow and Guardian Spirit land almost simultaneously (i.e. even though it's cast and goes on cooldown, the target still dies).
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Yeah, I can confirm that I am having major problems with it as well. It's been in an working/broken cycle thing ever since it was created; and I don't think holy is prioritized enough as a spec for this bug to ever be properly fixed.

My tip is to simply forget that the deathsave part of that spell exists. If you ever need to rely on it working, you are likely going to be disappointed.
    The true beauty of the spell is the +healing bonus, and that's good enough to abuse alone.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    Having a major issue with it to in raids, and it is not the dmg cap causing it. I took several Print Screens and planning on sending them to support, cause this is ridiculous. "GS cast on XXX, XXX dies (dmg 75k, 79k overkill), GS fades from XXX", this scenario can happen several times during one single raid, and it's annoying like hell since the CD is used and reset to 3 min. It's very important our only tank CD really works, and if it is a technical issue, they should rework it.

this is a big reason i hate playing holy in a raid environment - guardian spirit is just too unreliable whereas disc has two very strong tank cooldowns (if you use PWB on your tank). the fact that disc has absorbs instead of HoTs is just insult to injury.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...91954400886784

It's server "lag" (or communication time) and we all knew that who were asking wth was going on a couple of years ago when this was first noticed.

I feel atleast it has gotten worse. It's like it bugs every other time I use it reactivly and Swe have very good server connectivity (if that has any effect at all, I'm completly not technical for a penny). But can you tell me why addons calculate deaths more correctly than the game then? Or is it an illusion, certainly don't feel like you are "too late" with your GS to prevent death.

I rly wish this darn spell could wooork, cause it's quiiiite annoying when you cast it and it fails AND goes off CD, what a bargain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Having a major issue with it to in raids, and it is not the dmg cap causing it. I took several Print Screens and planning on sending them to support, cause this is ridiculous. "GS cast on XXX, XXX dies (dmg 75k, 79k overkill), GS fades from XXX", this scenario can happen several times during one single raid, and it's annoying like hell since the CD is used and reset to 3 min. It's very important our only tank CD really works, and if it is a technical issue, they should rework it.
    Yes so much this! It totally defeats it's purpose becuase I cannot trust it I had it fail on me so many times now lately and we are talking proabably 2-3 seconds before the impacting blow lands. To add insult to injury I have /say macro which annuonces that i've placed it on target which goes off while GS fails. I'm sitting on a 1 gigabit line.

Quote Originally Posted by Venara View Post
    Also, the spell has had problems for a long time in situations where the killing blow and Guardian Spirit land almost simultaneously (i.e. even though it's cast and goes on cooldown, the target still dies).
    Actually a lot of spells have this same type of problem. Void Shift is another, I've seen it bring the 100% health person to 25% but the 5% health person dies anyway. Any spell that hits at the same time as the killing blow has a chance to just not work, heals included. Nature Swiftness heals from Shamans that should heal for 250k+ use the cooldown but don't actually heal for anything, etc.

Yeah I don't buy the lag thing (at least not in every case) because I have had it happen like 2 - 3 seconds before killing blow like someone else said. I think that maybe it fails because the killing blow did so much damage to them guardian spirit just didn't trigger...which is stupid. It has been happening a lot more since MoP... (too much damage too cover?) =(

I've had this happen to me quite a lot while playing Holy. I don't believe it's ever exceeded 200% of the maximum health, it just doesn't save them from simple things like too many mobs on them or something. I've only had this happen in the recent patch, maybe it will be fixed?

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I check combatlogs/killingblows when this happens and it has never been that the damage is exceeding the 200% limit.

How come on rarer occasions GS is very slow (in a few cases several seconds goes by and target dies)?

How come addons are "faster"? Edit: I got some answer on my tweet that addons also works off combatlog, but I still can not understand how they can count differently and addons work faster? Do they use different responding servers or what? Lol, I am really not a smarty when it comes to this

If the tank dies with a GS without proccing it, atleast the CD should be reset. That should be hotfixed.

For longer term I think they need to investigate this issue and see if they can make it more responsive/proritized. It's very frustrating.
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2013-04-12 at 08:47 AM.

I really don't get why they don't get some more margin for error if its that hard? The server got the tank death first? Fine! Give GS more margin for error so if its popped up to 0.5 second after the tank died, he will be ressed like a battle ress just like GS would normally work. I don't get why this is so tough to implement. It will fix GS without making it op, cause it still won't be a really battle ress, just a "split second" one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I caught a bug on "tape" tonight.

According to RSA:
    GS cast on Star marked Centrinoja (tanking Cave Bats)
    Some time passes, quite a lot, feels like atleast a few sec..
    He dies, and after GS fades from him.
    I even notice some LS ticks in between GS cast and death (even on the target himself).

http://imageshack.us/f/24/wowscrnshot041313010952.jpg/

Please, if someone can take a closer look at the logs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ths/?enc=trash

Edit: This is very mysterious. From reading the logs I have no clue why GS fell off before he died after being active only a few sec or so (not the full duration). It's not even registred on the logs (from the timespan I can see) that it was being cast, but it was. Check SS.

Something is wrong or am I going nuts for real?
    Last edited by nobodysbaby; 2013-04-13 at 01:54 AM.

According to RSA:
    I even notice some LS ticks in between GS cast and death (even on the target himself).

Edit: This is very mysterious. From reading the logs I have no clue why GS fell off before he died after being active only a few sec or so (not the full duration). It's not even registred on the logs (from the timespan I can see) that it was being cast, but it was. Check SS.

Looks like it may have bugged a bit. It was indeed only on for about 6 seconds. It fell off with the rest of the buffs. What probably killed him was a stun used on the bats, causing their attacks to all line up, His death shows about 15 hits at the exact same time. There may not have been enough delay for the actual "heal" to go through from the server.

The reason you dont see it on the death list being applied, is the list is only about 3 seconds long. With the amount of activity, the length cap was maxed for that view. Using the log browser shows more.

[01:09:33.265] Drena casts Guardian Spirit on Centrinoja-TheSha'tar
    [01:09:33.595] Centrinoja-TheSha'tar gains Guardian Spirit from Drena
    [01:09:39.315] Drena's Guardian Spirit fades from Centrinoja-TheSha'tar
    Last edited by Nestar; 2013-04-13 at 05:33 PM.

According to RSA:

This has been happening since mop released. GS just seems to not work all together very often. I noticed on my priest about a 25-50% fail rate and I always preemptively cast it I never had it once fail because I cast it as the tank died which is something that can happen with any regular heal or other spells, because I usually get it in 3 secs before it is needed. The heal that is supposed to do when the target would receive a killing blow just seems to fail.

P.S. I pretty much just use the spell for the healing increase only now and never expect it to save the target from death.

The weird thing is... it usually works on myself to save myself from death... it just fails on other people...

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for clarification. It was probably too much dmg (exceeding the 200% limit) in too short time, but according to log the GS falls off before that, and why I have no idea. Help me get this matter to the devs attention. I feel like Ive been on GC's back too much already with "whining":/

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 08:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post

P.S. I pretty much just use the spell for the healing increase only now and never expect it to save the target from death.
    But then it looses it's use as a lifesaving spell and that just... That's kind of the meaning of the spell, isn't it? In that case I would rather have a dmg reducing spell as a tank CD, but ofc most of all a WORKING Guardian Spirit... I hope they can do something about this bug, cause this isn't only "server communication lag".

interesting
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413023639

"Combat
    It is possible for Kroshik to place players in combat and on his threat list if they are traveling nearby. This may result in players being stuck in combat indefinitely, preventing reapplication of the Skin of the Saurok buff.
    Hunter - Misdirection cannot be used while in a brawl in the Brawler's Guild.
    The Combat log is reporting purges, friendly dispels, and spellsteals backwards.
    Hunter traps are less sensitive to trigger.
    Guardian Spirit sometimes does not proc its heal and lifesaving effect.
    Projected textures can be difficult to see on angled surfaces.
    Some spells (such as Flare, Rune of Power, Dizzying Haze, Wild Mushrooms, Shroud of Concealment) will not display correctly if Projected Textures are disabled.
    Spells taught from Glyphs are being placed in the General tab of your spellbook instead of your Specialization/Class tab.
    When Wild Quiver proc guns will animate like crossbows."

Probably getting fixed real soon

15+ Year Old Account
    Happy to see that they are aware of this issue! But it doesnt seem GC is aware of it in regards to his tweets bringing up the old "server communication" answers. Good atleast the devs seem aware of it. This should be high prio, it's kind of important for the Holy Priest specc.

Happy to see that they are aware of this issue! But it doesnt seem GC is aware of it in regards to his tweets bringing up the old "server communication" answers. Good atleast the devs seem aware of it. This should be high prio, it's kind of important for the Holy Priest specc.
    Indeed, switched from disc to holy when i found out crits turn into absorb instead of extra healing (huge deal with inner focus) makes it hard to top people with that change.
    and then i found out people were dying through my guardian spirit, now i only do pvp but i think this is a huge deal for people who pve as well.