Deleted

Vanilla Shaman verses Wrath Shaman

Is there any truth in the rumor that Shamans created in 2006 (classic wow) use a different mechanics to Shamans that where created in the Wrath expansion?

The reason I ask is because I created my Shaman back in 2006, and a fellow Guildie created his during Wrath and His dps owns mine. we had grouped and both hammered a target dummy together while on voice comms, doing same rotation at the same time with the same gear, gems, enchants and totem. yet his dps was 15 to 20k more dps.

No, he's just better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhillbilly View Post
    Is there any truth in the rumor that Shamans created in 2006 (classic wow) use a different mechanics to Shamans that where created in the Wrath expansion?

The reason I ask is because I created my Shaman back in 2006, and a fellow Guildie created his during Wrath and His dps owns mine. we had grouped and both hammered a target dummy together while on voice comms, doing same rotation at the same time with the same gear, gems, enchants and totem. yet his dps was 15 to 20k more dps.
    Are you still using a two-hander?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashta View Post
    Are you still using a two-hander?
    hahaha xD that fucking made my day.

but on a serious note: it doesn't matter who started when, what matters is the gear and brains. mostly the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    The mechanics back in vanilla where different... and they changed it wrath... and they changed in BC before and changed again in cata and now again in Pandaria... its ever changing.

And no, all shamans are the same. We all change together, just because someone made a character in Vanilla doesnt mean it has any sort of advantage over someone who makes a brand new one today. Other than having more experience playing the game.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 03:08 PM ----------

Ok, another thing. Remember that this "test" of yours is no where near good enough to make that comparison. For what its worth you can repeat the test and get that same 15K difference but in your favor. Remember that there are things like procs, crits, missed attacks, glancing blows and all sorts of rng events that alter the output of a player. You can have the exact same gear, play 100% the same rotation and still come up with a difference in performace because of this.

The best way to test this sort of thing is sims. They do the dummy test but they simulate a shaman going at it for hours and that way you get to see the real "average" dps possible.
    don't forget maelstrom weapon procs will be different on both shamans. if your concerned have him play your shaman and you his and repeat the experiment.

Some people may have not noticed BUT fps and latency can actually make a difference, sometimes big difference.
    Back at the end of WotLK, when I changed computer, my dps raised considerably in comparison to my dps on my old computer. I was able to follow my priorities easier and land the hits on time.
    Just keep that in mind.

Also, shaman is kinda rng class. You will get a basic dps but its not gonna be always the same. Ideally if 2 exact shame shammies follow the exact shame rotation for lets say 5 days straight, they should have nearly identical results and even then, not 100% identical but rather like 98%-99% i'd say (not an expert in math though :P take my words with like a lot of salt :P)
    To have something you 've never had, you have to do something you've never done...

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    hahaha xD that fucking made my day.

but on a serious note: it doesn't matter who started when, what matters is the gear and brains. mostly the gear.

wait a minute now? theres a dps 2 handed mace for casters now. it could work.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    No, he's just better than you.

Thats the shortest Trollin Ive seen

Quote Originally Posted by Oldhillbilly View Post
    That is just hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrael View Post
    Some people may have not noticed BUT fps and latency can actually make a difference, sometimes big difference.
    Back at the end of WotLK, when I changed computer, my dps raised considerably in comparison to my dps on my old computer. I was able to follow my priorities easier and land the hits on time.
    Just keep that in mind.

Also, shaman is kinda rng class. You will get a basic dps but its not gonna be always the same. Ideally if 2 exact shame shammies follow the exact shame rotation for lets say 5 days straight, they should have nearly identical results and even then, not 100% identical but rather like 98%-99% i'd say (not an expert in math though :P take my words with like a lot of salt :P)

Thats worth considering, though I was in a conversation the other day with a games master about something else, and ask the same question that I posted on here. And they said there was a mechanic difference but it would better to get advice from an established Shaman forum.
    Last edited by mmoca0814e84ee; 2013-04-11 at 07:26 AM. Reason: spelling error

Deleted
    Rng and timing. Those are the things that make his dps higher than yours. So either he got lucky in the RNG department, or he's just a better player than you. Not because shaman created at different times are tuned different or have different mechanics. Don't be silly.

15+ Year Old Account
    the mechanics of shamans in vanilla and wrath and indeed now were different, however your shaman today uses the same shaman mechanics as every other shaman in WoW, when you made the shaman is largely irrelivent.

I still like to dream of the 2H WF crits joys of vanilla...

if Frost DK's can have the choice between DW and 2H why can't we *sob*

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    well duh, vanilla shamans are 4 years older then you and have collected the ancient mysteries of the world and have been through every piece of **** nerf that they could have been thrown at!

Respect your elders is what I wanna say!
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Heh, if this "rumor" were true, imagine the hilarity if it were applied to other classes:

"Why does my friend's hunter have a mana bar while mine has this focus thing?"
    "How come that new rogue can jump to a target?"
    "Why is that warlock stacking spirit gear?"

The list can easily go on.