Poll: Would you be willing to join the military if your country was attacked?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would sign up if I thought I was really going to defend the sovereignty of my country and not any of the horse shit wars my country <America> has or is currently doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guff View Post
    I don't know why people still think countries is a good idea anyways. Is it to make sure there is always a group that is worse off than their own - so as to feel superior or something?
    Countries are for borders, so we can build walls and fences to protect our communist democratic ways from you crazy people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DieFichte View Post
    Well it's a combination of the respect for the medics and the fear of what happens when you shoot one and don't get away with it.
    No jackass should ever get away with it. And once a soldier, or otherwise combatant has been injured to the point he cannot fight.. nobody should be even considering aiming at him anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    No jackass should ever get away with it. And once a soldier, or otherwise combatant has been injured to the point he cannot fight.. nobody should be even considering aiming at him anymore.
    A wounded soldier is worse than a dead one.

Countries are for borders, so we can build walls and fences to protect our communist democratic ways from you crazy people!
    ooooh. I see now. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    A wounded soldier is worse than a dead.
    I don't know how far the "Leave no man behind" goes irl.. but if it does.. i doubt it matters. Except that wounded can be treated.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    It gets even better. Polls have shown in recent years that the number of men choosing the army would remain more or less the same even if it was completely voluntary.
    Im very sceptical of this. My anecdotal experience says quite the contrary, most of the regular recruits and all of the officers that im friends(5) with thought it was a monumental waste of time.

Also, if the pole was conducted by "iltalehti" then it´s very likely that it has been tampered with, if it truly did show the opposite of current pc.

And, finally. It makes no sense logically. Everyone who has been to the army knows that we probably could not even put up a fight with even the St.Petersburg brigade, nevermind Russia with it´s stance on using tactical nuclear weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how far the "Leave no man behind" goes irl.. but if it does.. i doubt it matters. Except that wounded can be treated.
    A wounded soldier takes way more effort than a dead. The dead ones you can just leave, or just throw in the chopper and then put them aside in base.

Actually you don't even have to chopper the dead out, you can get them with a transport later <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Nukes should never have been created. All should be dismantled apart from a select few for space mission purposes.

I don't know that I'd be much of a soldier, but I would certainly use my talents as best I could to aid my country.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. I've been released from military service. I some kind of war/invasion did happen I would have to help my country with other ways (like working with the fire department, health officials etc.) which I'm happy with. Just no guns.

Deleted
    A wounded soldier is worse than a dead one.
    Nonsense! /10 chars

Nukes should never have been created. All should be dismantled apart from a select few for space mission purposes.
    They made warfare among rational agents almost impossible.

They're among the best things that have ever happened to humanity... at least as long as people don't start using them.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Nonsense! /10 chars
    pfff...tagging is easier than triage! (atleast for the medic!)

Quote Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
    And, finally. It makes no sense logically. Everyone who has been to the army knows that we probably could not even put up a fight with even the St.Petersburg brigade, nevermind Russia with it´s stance on using tactical nuclear weapons.
    Logic ain't got nothing to do with it. It's "mindless" nationalism, and there are much more such people in here than the common populace (or the army for that matter) give credit for. And the polls were from YLE if my memory serves me right, or atleast they reported it.

My anecdotal experience says quite the contrary, most of the regular recruits and all of the officers that im friends(5) with thought it was a monumental waste of time.
    Mine aswell but then again I don't tend to hang with the sort of people who think the opposite.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2013-04-10 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    pfff...tagging is easier than triage! (atleast for the medic!)
    Which has a huge effect on morale, never under estimate morale in a war, vietnam was lost due to it. The US forces dominated most battles but lost the battle of public opinion.

Deleted
    You mean like besides of the fact that I want to see my country turned into pile of ash?

No, I'd move to another place where mindless barbarians do not fight with each other. If that doesn't work either and every single place on earth is plagued by war, then may humanity rot in hell. I don't care. I was never even asked if I wanted to be born, or at least where I wanted to be born.

And I would especially NEVER defend a country that parrots the non-existent concept of "freedom" every second, just like that out of spite.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-04-10 at 10:44 PM.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    "Quiet now, let them get closer before starting the ambush"
    "WE ARE OVER HERE!"
    "Fuck, thanks Gobra!"
    Lmfao, I don't have the vocal tics, Just physical, so the worst would be shooting fellow soldiers in the mouth as my arm goes off
    Nah but seriously i have very good control, i worked with my father for 7years fitting kitchens and do woodworking as a hobby and never had an accident:<

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Probably join a local militia first.
    Same, or find the nearest National Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I knew that even the Nazis did allow passage for Red Cross and the likes. Didnt know that the Taliban did it as well :O
    Not always, Ive seen more than a few aircraft that are marked as medevac with bullet holes while in Iraq, and those guys weren't as crazy as the Taliban.