Poll: What comp gives you the biggest headache?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    maybe i'll give it a shot on my rogue! Whats the most viable healer to pair with? Hpal for dbl freedom? druid for CC?
    Priest for fearbomb out of shroud and decent dps
    Last edited by Cruize; 2013-04-10 at 08:52 PM.

Deleted
    Im a little surprised there is no Rogue/Mage-option. That is probably one of the best comps ever.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Im a little surprised there is no Rogue/Mage-option. That is probably one of the best comps ever.
    This. Arguably one of the most OP comps to ever be in 2v2. Really frustrating to deal with as a H-pally.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    This. Arguably one of the most OP comps to ever be in 2v2. Really frustrating to deal with as a H-pally.
    rogue/mage are a piece of piss with my disc/arms duo ;p haven't lost to a mage/rogue team yet altho we haven't had than many..

whats really getting to me now is monks.. yes monks...... almost any team with a MW monk is like a no contest.. Ww are bad but not quite in the league of MW..
    every time we come up against MW monks/any class its almost a no contest..

had this team (me disc and my arms buddy) against a MW/arms team,,, the warrior gets feared n stuck in the wall so couldn't attack it, it couldn't do anything either.. me and my warrior bud COULD NOT kill the monk even when both dpsing like fuck (were both half/half malev/tyran geared atm)... ended in a draw.. most frustrating match weve ever had lol.. how do you counter a MW monk with our disc/arms set up?? any ideas lol.. its ridiculous

im guessing 2 dps in 2s is the way to go?? but I don't really wanna go down that road ;p
    Last edited by invader; 2013-04-10 at 10:33 PM.
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow + Disc is still my favourite facepalm 2's comp, from that post years ago that nobody probably remembers anymore now that I think about it, linking!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow/Disc 2's Strategies

Hunter/Pally: The weakness of this team is that hunters do not have spell reflect so kill them with spelling. Start by dot casting at hunters giraffe pets, when the giraffes come after you, begin heavy dps rotations on their minds. At this point all hunters try to save giraffes because they are companion adventurers together through azeroth. Here is where you victory. When the hunter comes to save giraffes, just darkness priest licorice beam his paladin to slow him, have disc priest power insfuse shadowfiend down the hunter and beamed paladin will be to far in back of arena moving slowly to come save his hunter or giraffes. Collect points.

Rogue/Paladin: The weakness of this team is that rouges cannot disarm traps easily, kill them with hard traps. Start by having the disc priest sparlke explode all over arena to frighten rouge out of invisibility mode. When he is revealed, have darkness priest vampiric grasp him to group heal while disc priest regeneralizes mana recources. When enough resources are gathered you will go on the offense. Here is where you victory. Disc priest controls the mind of the paladin and darkness priest controls minds of the rouge, then darkness type "oh no I have been connection failed." And their teammate will leave arena thinking he is alone now in fight against more opponenets. Collect points.

Rouge/Mage: The weakness of this team is that rouge armor is more hard than mage armor. Start by having darkness priest aoe licorice mage to expose rouges hiding place next to him. When rouge is appeared, disc priest will mana burn cast at the rouge. Rouge thinks now that focus frames or targetting add ons are not functionaly correct and will /reloadui. Here is where you victory. Ui reloading is time consumeable and rouges have cheapest computers. While rougue is slow ui resetting, simply power infusion mind blast fiend fire the magician down, be always prepared to evaporate ice tent when finishing move him. Rouge comes back to find only corpse of adventure companion. Collect points.

Unholy Dk/palladine: The weakness of this team is the Unholy is not as dark as shadow. This is very hard fight but you can win with simply strategy. Start by having darkness priest inflict damaging shadows onto unholy knight while same time as this happening, have disc priest use level 80 move hymn of oh holy night. Oh holy night and unholy knight are almost the same and most paladines have bad eyesight from brightness heals. Paladines will heal hymn from priest thinking it is adventure companion. Here is where you victory. WHile unoholy is not given heals because paladines are blind and heal songs, simply power infuse shadow demon him into corpse form. You have probably won now, make sure to stop hymning as paladin won't know it has been tricked till song stops getting heals. Collect points
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Shadow + Disc is still my favourite facepalm 2's comp, from that post years ago that nobody probably remembers anymore now that I think about it, linking!
    omg lol I remember this ;p fekkin awesome sauce lol
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

LOL omg thats is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    My and a friend of mine played Hpal-warrior against Disc-warrior while at some 1400 rating. 25minutes of NO ONE DYING.
    They were glads, we weren't, but they just didn't want to drop dead. Looking back at the match, it was the most fun I had in arena so far. I enjoyed every second of that fight, though while playing I was praticly screaming "WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!?!"

I guess you guys have never played against Disc/Feral. Holy crap is that suckage. Disc specs dominate mind and gets cyclone from the feral symbiosis. So the disc has 3 CC to cast, Clone, Fear and Mind Control. Feral is pretty much unpeelable and does good damage and if he ever gets in trouble he has disperse from the priest symbiosis. Disc DPS is decent too so they can double DPS someone while their partner sits in a cyclone/fear.

It is pretty ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Double Blood DK, never lost to it, but anyone who runs it does so be a live lord jackass and we all know it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    playing disc/rogue went against holy priest/prot war. eventually killed the priest.... took 20 minutes... but we got him!
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

That is a thing of beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome... "oh no I have been connection failed." ... LOL

Deleted
    Frost mage+hunter, always CCed and sick burst, when you reach them they ice block/deterrance.

I only do 2s as demo lock with a frost DK partner around 1500-1600 MMR but these are the comps we usually lose to:

Frost mage+healer
    DK+healer
    Hunter+disc

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Double Blood DK, never lost to it, but anyone who runs it does so be a live lord jackass and we all know it.
    I play, when I play 2s, healer/dps whether it be demo/shaman, warrior/shaman, UHdk, shaman, or sub in a disc priest for any of the healers (I'm always the dps)

we cannot kill 2 blood dks, with any of those comps. One dps' damage is not enough to kill them before they drain my healer's mana. It SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. These people are jackasses.

Nah, I was in a game the other night helping a mage friend cap on my resto druid. I kid you not, we fought disc/rdruid. It was the dumbest game ever. We decided not to leave to not give them the satisfaction and took the game to the full 25 minutes. No way for us to burst one of them down and I spent most of the game in cat form trying to help dps and get in a good spot to pop heart of the wild. They did not even try to kill one of us after the first 5 minutes.

Was really really stupid. Almost borderline in game harassment imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Nah, I was in a game the other night helping a mage friend cap on my resto druid. I kid you not, we fought disc/rdruid. It was the dumbest game ever. We decided not to leave to not give them the satisfaction and took the game to the full 25 minutes. No way for us to burst one of them down and I spent most of the game in cat form trying to help dps and get in a good spot to pop heart of the wild. They did not even try to kill one of us after the first 5 minutes.

Was really really stupid. Almost borderline in game harassment imo.
    Play better next time and win. Thats pretty much the only thing to be said about mirror matches like that.
    There is a reason you dont see double healer in all the top teams. Thats because it stops getting viable at
    a certain rating.

I voted unholy dk holy paladin because it was first

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Play better next time and win. Thats pretty much the only thing to be said about mirror matches like that.
    There is a reason you dont see double healer in all the top teams. Thats because it stops getting viable at
    a certain rating.
    NOT A MIRROR MATCH!

I said I was playing resto druid with a mage. We fought disc/rdruid. That means Discipline Priest, Resto Druid versus Frost Mage, Resto Druid. It was double healer 2v2 in the 1700 bracket. If you are going to be smug enough to tell someone to l2p then at least l2read.