Thread: Medium Elves

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Medium Elves

How about when they give Alliance High Elves they make another neutral race. Medium Elves they will have PURPLE eyes they will be infused with raw arcane power giving them a purple glow. They will be from the nether from around bc a group of Blood Elves ventured into a portal along with the Etherals and they since have been traveling through time and space and branched off from the Etherals. Since they were in another part of the universe time worked differently for them so they have been a civilization for 10,000 years. They have their own culture and own new tactics and specialties. Being new to the planet of Azeroth they don't really have any preferences to factions and since there are two other races that look exactly like them some choose to venture with Horde and others choose Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    How about when they give Alliance High Elves they make another neutral race. Medium Elves they will have PURPLE eyes they will be infused with raw arcane power giving them a purple glow. They will be from the nether from around bc a group of Blood Elves ventured into a portal along with the Etherals and they since have been traveling through time and space and branched off from the Etherals. Since they were in another part of the universe time worked differently for them so they have been a civilization for 10,000 years. They have their own culture and own new tactics and specialties. Being new to the planet of Azeroth they don't really have any preferences to factions and since there are two other races that look exactly like them some choose to venture with Horde and others choose Alliance.
    We don't have that because it wouldn't make sense.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Give this man a job at Blizzard! That's the best piece of invented lore I have ever seen!

I really don't understand the meaning of the name. Is it based on skin tone?

Since high elves are really bright, would that make night elves be low elves, since they're darker?

And medium is somewhere in between? This is confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about when they give Alliance High Elves they make another neutral race. Medium Elves they will have PURPLE eyes they will be infused with raw arcane power giving them a purple glow.
    This has to be the funniest thing I have read all day long. Thank you! Ultimately, if Alliance wants a light elf with colored eyes, they will just have to roll a Horde character. You might as well join the horde. Little known secret: "We are better"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I really don't understand the meaning of the name. Is it based on skin tone?

Since high elves are really bright, would that make night elves be low elves, since they're darker?

And medium is somewhere in between? This is confusing.
    The distinction stems, like most modern High Fantasy, from Tolkien.

In his mythology, the Elves were divided into many kin-groups; the greatest distinction was between those that went to dwell with the "gods", which in that time was the only realm in his universe that was lit, and so became the Calaquendi - Light Elves or High Elves. The others who did not behold the light were called Moriquendi or Dark Elves.

In that context, "High" is a reference to level of civilization and cultural development; High Elves in a fantasy setting almost always live in cities built of stone, work with metals, and are culturally and magically more developed. Of course in WoW lore, the "High" stems from a completely different origin, referring to the Quel'dorei being descendants of the Higborne Night Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I just want gnome-elf hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    I just want gnome-elf hybrids.
    Oh you are talking about short elves

10+ Year Old Account

Gnome/Ef combo ----------------------- Full size elf

I call them hobbits. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    I call them hobbits. :P
    You could also call them Elflings or Gnelves

Deleted
    This is by far the best "GIEF MOAR ELVES" thread I've ever seen

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that dark elves are dwarves? Norse Mythology and stuff.

And... medium elves... I just can't stop thinking about medium steaks. How do medium elves taste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    This is by far the best "GIEF MOAR ELVES" thread I've ever seen
    That's cause the OP has a great sense of humor. I never laughed so hard. PLUS, we want to cross breed Gnomes with Blood elves. It would be:
    [img removed]
    (No memes please)
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-04-11 at 12:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    We don't have that because it wouldn't make sense.

it makes perfect sense, maybe read it again and look into wow lore

Deleted
    This got to be the funniest thing I read all day. I just
    "Medium Elves". God damn it why does it sound so hilarious.

Best thread ever. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -nevan View Post
    This got to be the funniest thing I read all day. I just
    "Medium Elves". God damn it why does it sound so hilarious.
    I know right? I am still giggling. I hope they do take some of the ideas from the thread though. We need "Medium-sized" elves by breeding Blood Elves with gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    it makes perfect sense, maybe read it again and look into wow lore
    Unless Fel Energy has a halflife how would it be overriden by pure arcane into a purple energy? Also wouldn't we have had some time paradox issues if the time works different for them and they have a 10000 year old culture wouldn't some hero's venture off and we would atleast had some indication of them?
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    Oh! I have another idea actually! How about this, Alleria and Turalyon ventured into a portal as Draenor was ending alongside a small army of high elves as at the time the high elves were stationed a bit further away from the Dark Portal itself. And there they met the etherals. And the etherals saved them, but at a price! To save them, they had to take some of their essence for their experiments, since the etherals they met were a bunch of scientists who didn't care about morality and whatnot. So they used Alleria, Turalyon and the high elves as test subjects and found that Turalyon wasn't so good, as humans don't absorb magic so well, but high elves do!

So then, he continued his experiments on them, in an attempt to remake his race into flesh beings, since that's what the experiments of the etherals there was about. But the experiments weren't going so well, the high elves were in horrible pain and they were starting to unravel too. So the etherals started putting those bandages on them too. In the meantime Turalyon wasn't considered a threat as he was aging more and more, but that was their mistake, because at one point Turalyon broke free and blew up the machine used by the etherals, freeing all the former high elves, now etheral elves!

So the etheral elves are similar to high elves, but how. You can see their ears popping out and their blue eyes, but parts of their body, and face, are bandaged with those etheral typical things, and the skin under seems to flicker in and out of existance, sort of like ghosts. I can't draw something now, or I'd show you, but you can imagine, half bandages, half high elf, and the space between pure energy. And the bandages seem to be part of them, I mean, like come out of their skin, on the face this would be seen best, the center of the face seems regular elf, though a bit transparent, but on the sides the skin starts to unravel into those bandages forming hair and going down on the neck even (someone draw this, you know you want to!).

And these etheral elves would get back and they'd go to Alliance, since Alleria was Alliance and Turalyon was her mate, and thus etheral elves would join the Alliance. Their newfound etheral state would sustain their need for arcane, so soon the last of the high elves on Azeroth would join them in this state of etheralness, as it doesn't deal with fel and you don't need to kill other beings to achieve it! And then some interesting quarrel between the new etheral elves, the blood elves and the forsaken would take place, as now the alliance would have a race that suffered for decades at the hand of a race, just like the forsaken, so the blood elves couldn't claim they were the only ones who suffered alongside the dead forsaken.

The Horde could get arakkoa or ogres.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-04-10 at 10:02 PM.