Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.3 Loot specialization = longer queues?

Thinking about new loot specialization feature made me realize, that many people who previously queued as tanks and healers to gear their offspec gear now don't have to do this - they can simply queue as damagers. Doesn't that means that queues will get even longer now with shortage of healers and tanks?

No, you can get in a raid faster as a tank or heal and still get dps gear.

I think it will do the complete opposite, people with main spec tank that don't need LFR gear will be able to queue as such and still get offspec dps gear.

Tanks and Healers generally have *much* shorter queue times than DPS (at least in my battlegroup). Although it does sometimes suck being a Tank, I think this'll cause more Healer capable classes to queue as Healers honestly, which should reduce the queue time.

More of a concern is that those Tanks and Healers will only be joining as Tanks or Healers just to get a faster queue, and their Tank or Healer gear/skill won't be near good enough.

Deleted
    Atleast I will still que as DPS since good DPS makes the LFR go faster. And I usually que with healers or tanks so that's not an issue.

I for one plan to run as whatever has the shortest queue on my main, a druid. I was working on a tank spec for heroic goodie bags but LFR is a lot of valor and if you can cut the queue time out then it's not actually so bad. My rogue is gonna be effed though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiives View Post
    I think it will do the complete opposite, people with main spec tank that don't need LFR gear will be able to queue as such and still get offspec dps gear.
    I think this as well.

I qued as healer for first 4 weeks of 5.0 and DPS as the following 16 weeks, I would prefer to q as healer though.

I am not 100% sure we will know until it hits though
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-04-10 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Speeling

This is a godsend for mainspec paladin tanks, because I almost never want to be in prot spec in an LFR at all, because in the rare event there's some problem slot I would be interested in filling, it's almost always some dps haste piece I want, and other than that I only care about offspec ret gear.

My MS is tank but i'm forced to run as dps (hah forced) because dps gear is better (hurray prot paladins), once 5.3 comes i'll be able to again que as a tank and make que go faster for other ppl and me. Win win.

Honestly, i think it will help queues (And LFR in general), since people who mainspec tank or healer can now still do that while gathering DPS-gear, which keeps tanks and healers queue-ing up as such, and since tanking or healing is what they do most (And as such have the best gear for), the LFR-raids they're in will likely go smoother as well...

Unfortunately for others, I will be running my warrior through the Raid Finder as dps to gear up my Prot spec (which I used for my guild only). I can't stand the pressure of working with strangers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Thinking about new loot specialization feature made me realize, that many people who previously queued as tanks and healers to gear their offspec gear now don't have to do this - they can simply queue as damagers. Doesn't that means that queues will get even longer now with shortage of healers and tanks?
    You got it backwards. I am for all purposes always a healer/tank for PvE when the class allows me to do so, just like any class that can heal in PvP will be a healer in PvP. However for solo stuff and things such as brawlers guild I need DPS equip. Currently I am queueing as DPS in heal equip, I do more than decent DPS (not that hard compared to who you're running LFR with) but my waiting times are LOOOOONG and I could contribute more as a healer.

As soon as 5.3 hits I'll be running LFR as healer while earning DPS equip, the only reason why I am doing LFR in the first place. And I know of others for whom it is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    As soon as 5.3 hits I'll be running LFR as healer while earning DPS equip, the only reason why I am doing LFR in the first place. And I know of others for whom it is the same.
    Same here. I'll be queuing 2 toons as main spec (healing) so that I can pick up off spec (dps). Currently they've been queuing as dps since I'm all set on healing gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least for me, this is going to make queue times much shorter for me, and slightly shorter for everyone else who is not me. Why? Because I main DPS in raids, and as such I use LFR to gear my dps spec. Now I can (and will) queue as a tank for the shorter queue, and still be able to gear my dps spec. Hurraa!

10+ Year Old Account
    if anything it will be shorter queues because people can just queue up as a tank or healer and do bonus rolls for their offspec. if your MS is a dps and you want tank/heals OS then in the future there will be more of tanks and heals resulting in shorter queues either way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiives View Post
    I agree, maybe more guild main tanks will queue LFR as a tank to pick up some DPS gear.

This change is going to mean I queue for LFR as a healer a lot more. I love healing, but healing gear's useless as a paladin or monk for doing dailies or general solo content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will actually help. There are lots of people who have the ability to queue for a healing or tank spec but don't because they need the gear for their primary DPS spec.a

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think it will actually help. There are lots of people who have the ability to queue for a healing or tank spec but don't because they need the gear for their primary DPS spec.a
    Yes, but in this case there is a difference between ability and capability.

Most effective way to reduce queues is to balance LFR around fewer healers--say, three or four--and implement measures to immediately prevent queue-jukers. (You know, those Ret. Paladins and Shadow Priests, and so on.) The way the community receives gear, I believe, may prove irrelevant when longer queue times are replaced with repeated attempts.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a healer, I much prefer the five min max healing queues to the 30+ minute dps queues I face on my dps characters.

In fact I've never geared a shadow spec for my priest just for that specific reason. It will definitely help, as people who can get fast queues and still get gear for their offspec will want to do that.