Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mykey93 View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned.. but does anyone remember the WOLTK events? I remember being able to go through alliance portals in Shattrath as horde and sit in their towers turning people into zombies.

Edit: It has, but everyone on my server loved it. It was avoidable for the complainers but it brought people together to play with each other.. something I noticed WoW has lost over the years (being a vanilla player)
    what is the diffrence between hey shall we grief the hell out of xxx? yea sure.(wotlk pre event) or i queue up for a dungeon and kill the boss with other players via dungeon finder?

in both setups you can meet jerks. only dungeon finder is alt faster. and wow is not made for dynamic world. better change games if you want dynamic world:P

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd rather them do something like have players pick sides and then have those 2 factions fight against each other over orgrimaar. not phased or anything.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    How about random kor'kron rogueish guards sneak at you if you are busy being afk, at a mailbox, or just strolling through the drag. They take you with an animation of you in their arms getting carried away. They would have generic you are getting arrested talk something of that such. They take you behind a building and kill you. Lol it would happen say 1 player per every 50 and every few hours or so. Give you a real sense of danger. It would be a good way to take care of those pesky gold sellers or instill fear into the level 40s on their shiny new kodo.
    Fly up in the air and win?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I AFK in stormwind lets see em come get me.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    You should suggest these on the actual WoW forums.. xD

but doubt this would happen cause then alliance would try and get something similiar.. lol..
    We already have something similar, if i go into Orgrimmar on my NE main i can be sure to get some guards beating me up :P

It should happen only to trolls, otherwise agree.

What about this?

When you are walking/flying in orgrimmar randomly Korkron Guards approach you and commands to pay Korkron tax (based on your level, so a level 1 pays much less, then level 90). If you pay, then your fine to go. If you refuse, then then you get captured and up like the darkspear captives (see image below). You get killed by Korkron grunts for rebel actions.

After you return your spirit from the graveyard to you body and ressurrected, you can continue. You get a debuff (persist through death) "Compromised by Korkron" for 1 hour.

This is not annoying, cause you can simply pay the Korkron and go on. Or refuse if you want to have a fun death.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2013-04-11 at 09:06 AM.

Some random - non-fatal debuffs cast by the guards on players would be the best way to go, and I'm sure they could be pretty fun as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering our characters are the hero's of Azeroth, I'd reckon Garrosh would at least have our heads the first glance he gets at us. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    People ruined the zombie event.

People would ruin this one too.

People are the reason we can't have fun things.
    I hate people.

But I love gatherings.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

People complained about the Zombie invasion? That was one of the most fun things ever... But it would be fun for them to do something, except that finding that something will be hard, sadly

Quote Originally Posted by blixsauce View Post
    No. It'll be fun, joy and happy times the first time but it will only be annoying afterwards.
    Agreed. Being dragged off while trying to do my Auctions, or access my Mail would just get annoying after the first few times. It would be fun, but also annoying.

Also, that wouldn't be dangerous. Most people would just (and mostly do anyway) AFK on their Flying Mounts.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    People complained about the Zombie invasion? That was one of the most fun things ever... But it would be fun for them to do something, except that finding that something will be hard, sadly
    Some people loved it, others loathed it. I personally loved it, but I would hate to see it return. It was a fun, once in a life-time event that will never happen again. I have great memories, but I also remember the pain it caused when trying to go about my daily needs, such as using the Auction House, Accessing my Mail, Bank, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    We're more likely to get another infectious, random zombie invasion in the cities like in Wrath before this would happen. Funny idea though.

What are you suggesting is fun and interesting maybe the first 1-2 times then it becomes annoying which is why everyone starts hating it, all the past world events they tried can pretty much confirm that and was probably one of the reasons why they didn't do a mop launch event either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    What about this?
    What do Orcs need money for?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Crybabies would totally whine and complain, that's why you can't have utterly pointless, boring and dumb things like this idea.
    Oh, the IRONY!

OT: I like the idea, unlikely to happen though.. I think Blizzard got scared of this kinda stuff since the Zombie Event.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Quote Originally Posted by malkara View Post
    Oh, the IRONY!

OT: I like the idea, unlikely to happen though.. I think Blizzard got scared of this kinda stuff since the Zombie Event.
    you mean the AWESOME event where me and my horde undead teamed up with alliance undead into our awesome undead faction? it was madness and I loved it.

That sounds like LK pre-launch event. Which was gloriously fun (and probably the only time i didn't care if there was alliance around), but also made the forums drown with tears of QQ.

Deleted
    They take you in their arms behind buildings and... oh no, I can see where this is going, me not that kind of orc!

Quote Originally Posted by blixsauce View Post
    No. It'll be fun, joy and happy times the first time but it will only be annoying afterwards.
    No, it´ll be annoying right from the bat.

If we got people that want to be ganked, then they go to a PVP server and try to level a toon, no reason drag other people into this.