Combat Rogue PVE Weapon?

Hey all I'm atm playing combat spec for PvE

At the moment I am wielding Softfoot's Last Resort (Flexible 2/2) in my mainhand and Softfoot's Last Resort (LFR 2/2) in my OH.
    I just finished the Nazgrim fight about 5 minutes ago and got Nazgrim's Gutripper (dagger flexible) drop and I'm just wondering is it worth replacing that in my OH slot or will I be losing DPS because it's not a 2.6 weapon?

Deleted
    I've not played rogue in a few months but if memory serves you just want to use the bigger dps weapon in your offhand.
    a slower offhand means higher Killing spree damage, a faster offhand means more energy procs.
    I think the actual difference between slow and fast Oh on weapons of equal dps is less than 1%, so yeah slow main hand, and just use the highest dps offhand you have, regardless of weapon speed

Deleted
    As combat you are only forced to use a slow MH. OH weapon can be slow or fast it just impacts your dps differently. Slow OH mean harder hitting Killing spree while fast OH mean more energy procs. It all really boils down if you have 4 piece. If yes then slow OH is better if not then fast OH is better but the difference is pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnis View Post
    while fast OH mean more energy procs.
    *More poison procs. Energy gained is the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what Nocturnis means is faster Combat Potency procs because of a faster offhand (dagger). But yeah, faster OH means more poison procs due to the flat chance of its proc, though it also means a weaker killing-spree off hand and auto attack during its duration

As for energy gain from Combat Potency, the only formula I found which was apparently provided by GC during the beta is in http://www.wowhead.com/spell=35551/c...tency#comments.

Combat Potency’s proc chance works as follows: Can be triggered by white offhand attack and main gauche hits (must land successfully). The proc chance is 20% for Main Gauche hits, and [20*OffhandWeaponSpeed/1.4]% for white offhand attacks.
    For those interested in the proc chances for rogue weapons: 1-hander (2.6) - 37.14%, for a dagger (1.8) - 25.71

Deleted
    Well for combat rogue most of the damage is SS so the energy gain outweighs the poison proc in my opinion. The only time a slow OH will be preferable is when you have 4 set due to it increasing Killins Spree damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnis View Post
    Well for combat rogue most of the damage is SS so the energy gain outweighs the poison proc in my opinion. The only time a slow OH will be preferable is when you have 4 set due to it increasing Killins Spree damage.
    Long time lurker who registered to verify this ... I thought Combat Potency was normalized, but deadly poison procs were not.

FWIW, I think the conventional wisdom is that you put your best slow weapon in your MH and just use whatever has a higher ilvl in your OH. If it's a tie between a fast or slow OH, then the edge goes to the fast OH if you don't have the 4-piece bonus and to the slow OH if you do.

Also, racial bonuses can play into this a little bit. Expertise doesn't matter much for your OH, but if you are a human and you have a sword or mace in your MH, then using a sword or mace in your OH will help avoid being below the expertise cap on your OH (always stop capping expertise based on your MH).

the answer to these types of questions will always be

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com

plug in your gear here swamp between the fist and the dagger for you oh and see which one returns higher dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Femoris View Post
    the answer to these types of questions will always be

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com
    For all the questions of "why," you're welcome to do a an advanced search through the rogue forum to get some heavy math from the last few times this was actually looked at in detail. For all gear levels and set bonuses, ilevel > stats ?? speed (question marks are variable). Since we don't need to rehash this topic for reasons, I'll go ahead and close this.