Deleted

HC Jin'rokh 10-man - Handling Storm Phase

Hey dudes,

Tonight we gave our first tries on HC Jin'rokh and we were having massive issues during the Storm Phase. We tried spreading out in front of the boss, we tried spreading out near a pillar and we tried spreading out near the iron grates on the floor but we always had 1~2 persons dying (usually a healer included). Everything else did go OK generally.

What I want to ask is: What strategy did you find most effective?

Also, is there any class/ability you found particularly helpful here? We have a decently varied roster so it may be possible to get replacements in (we lack "only" resto/balance druid and DK).
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2013-04-10 at 11:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Hey dudes,

Tonight we gave our first tries on HC Jin'rokh and we were having massive issues during the Storm Phase. We tried spreading out in front of the boss, we tried spreading out near a pillar and we tried spreading out near the iron grates on the floor but we always had 1~2 persons dying (usually a healer included). Everything else did go OK generally.

What I want to ask is: What strategy did you find most effective?

Also, is there any class/ability you found particularly helpful here? We have a decently varied roster so it may be possible to get replacements in (we lack "only" resto/balance druid and DK).
    Make sure to heave a set of healthstones each, pop it as soon as you take a big hit.
    Healers WILL have to use heavy cooldowns tbh. Make sure everyone focuses on surviving and no one dealing ANY damage to the boss.

Most classes will have at least 1-2 major CDs at least every other lightning phase. For instance as a paladin i have auramastery + divine protection. 20% damage reduction for raid, followed by 40% reduction for myself.
    Second lightning phase i use divinte protection again + bubble togheter with wings/angel and just spamheal EVERYONE!
    etcetc. I think most classes can find their ways with ANY defensives against magic. Everything counts in this phase, just make sure to survive. What i was about to suggest is what you miss, unfortunately, running tranq is teh shit =)

mini tip. Not 100% accurate tho - as you see a big light that spawns orbs, run close to it, dodge the first orb, then that zone tend to be a safezone for at least 2-4 sec ^^ worked for me last 2 weeks

edit: try to avoid any cooldowns on ionization. That shouldnt be needed aslong as everyone is above 450k HP (just aslong as you time it not to detonate when static burst goes off^^
    Last edited by mmocbb1534d252; 2013-04-11 at 12:37 AM.

Honestly? We just had to do it a lot of times. People just need practice dodging. Having healers that can move and heal helps for sure though.

Yeah, ehm, what you really need to learn is dodging the new Lightning Strikes, as the actual Lightning Storm do less dmg on Heroic than Normal

There is nothing else to do than dodge stuff and use healing cooldowns if needed. If people fail at dodging the orbs.. nothing can be done.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

We were having some trouble with the Lightning Storm phase as well. What seemed to help us the most was putting our backs up against a wall and strafing left and right to avoid the Lightning Diffusions. Admittedly we didn't kill him, but he'll go down next week for sure.

For my groups kill we had everyone stand on the grates which makes dodging the lightning balls much easier. It also makes it so that everyone is in range of the healer cds being used and the healers in general.

In terms of healing cds we used 4 cds per lightning storm which were of course staggered to make sure that something was always up throughout the bosses 15 seconds cast. WE used the following cds:
    1st/3rd: Rallying Cry, Tranquility, shaman 1 healing tide, shaman 2 spirit link
    2nd: Devo Aura, Druid Tree form, shaman 1 spirit link, shaman 2 healing tide

If you have a disc priest this will be much easier as they can spirit shell for every lightning storm.

We find it easier for everyone to stand halfway between a pillar and the boss, as you have plenty of room to dodge the orbs. Run speed buffs can help as well.

Quote Originally Posted by deidios View Post
    In terms of healing cds we used 4 cds per lightning storm which were of course staggered to make sure that something was always up throughout the bosses 15 seconds cast. WE used the following cds:
    1st/3rd: Rallying Cry, Tranquility, shaman 1 healing tide, shaman 2 spirit link
    2nd: Devo Aura, Druid Tree form, shaman 1 spirit link, shaman 2 healing tide

If you have a disc priest this will be much easier as they can spirit shell for every lightning storm.
    Not every 10 man group will have that many CDs, but you should aim for at least one defensive and one healing CD each phase, with healthstones as backup. Also, many classes can avoid having to dodge the orbs altogether (at least for some phases): Mage/Druid Ice Block, Rogue/Druid Vanish, Hunter/Druid Deterrence, Pala Bubble etc.

So if your "dying guys" use this during the first phase, you can still down the boss with 3 dead in the next (if you br one), as the enrage timer is not tight at all.

From healer point of view, use cooldowns you can use while moving

Disc priest: as disc priest i notice my Spirit shell wears off in no time. I just pw shield the whole raid (10man) keep your instants on cooldown and make sure to glyph for penance
    Resto druid: Symbiosis on a shaman so you can tranq during movement and blanket the raid with rejuv. I would say take tree form talent so you can also cover the whole raid with life bloom and get instant regrowth.
    Resto shaman: Healing tide is god. and that cast during movement cooldown. keep riptide on cooldown
    Holy paladin: Aura mastery. Talent holy avenger. Every holy shock will give 3 holy power use that on light of dawn and/or word of glory. Also holy prism is better then lights hammer on storm phase part.
    Mistweaver monk: renewing mist + Uplift with thunderbrew is very nice and their cooldown revival

We had our elemental shaman also spec for healing tide.

this of course needs everyone in range of the healers, so choose a dancing floor for your raid.
    Btw PW barrier is evil. As it actually doesnt show the lightning pillar if its on the pw barrier spot.

Just make sure everyone learns to dance and use personal cooldowns when possible. As theres always someone in the raid that gets hit by an lightning ball

10+ Year Old Account
    For my groups kill we had everyone stand on the grates which makes dodging the lightning balls much easier. It also makes it so that everyone is in range of the healer cds being used and the healers in general.
    My group did the same. We left the right side (generally) of each grate free of lightning fissures etc so we could make a loose stack there and blow a couple healing CDs.

Deleted
    Stack paladins and use devo aura

Honestly the storm damage is trivial; it is the balls that hit really hard. I can actually heal myself through it as a rogue on 25hm (I think the storm hits slightly harder on 25) which I have to do to dps during storm as all of our healers stand far back as they say it is easier to dodge. Just have people use personal cd's, pop some raid cds, and put a hell of a lot of emphasis on dodging the balls.