Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lone Wolf or Rabid Pack?

typically, i am a lone wolf type of player. what i noticed though is that, players that have buddies tend to be more of a bully (trashtalking, stealing spots and goading other players into PvP/PK). as i wade deeper into the world of Requiem, i find that being solo won't take me far especially with my class being the healer/support type. in PvE and PvP, i do decent enough damage to fend off any killers as well as other interlopers that try to forcibly take my grinding spot but when it comes to dungeons, it's a different story. if i can solo a dungeon, i do it simply because profit will be greater that way. it might take a bit longer to finish it solo but in the end, it's all worth it.

how about you guys? do you prefer playing alone or with a group?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually a hermit , play solo whenever i can. Although i do dabble some times in group stuff, 2, 3 people or 5 man dungeons.

If the game allows me to play with my friends, I'll play it. That's what makes games fun for me. I've been playing with the same group of people for a long time and it makes it more worthwhile to me. I enjoy my single-player games, but I couldn't play solo if I have the option to play with other people.

playing solo surely has its perks. soloing a dungeon equals more loots, thus more profit. when grinding, it's best to have friends around but it depends on the game. in cabal, me and my brother play together be it grinding, dungeon runs, mission wars, or even in PvP. in Requiem, i find it better to do some dungeons alone as well as hunting those nightmare mini bosses. i've tried farming with a bunch of players i just met on the spot, it didn't turned out great as the party leader kept on changing the party's loot order acquisition which ended up for some of us not getting any loots at all.

I tend to play solo or with a small group. Its one of the main reason I stopped raiding and hate RBGS

Depends on the game, and what I feel like doing. Sometimes I like to do my own thing, but sometimes playing solo (especially in PvP) makes me want to staple my dangly parts to an angry porcupine. Playing with friends is always a plus. Even when I'm in my pack, I'm always pretty nice and try to make my friends behave too. Being nasty or being a bully never makes a situation better.

solo
    hate having to wait on other people and stuff like that.
    friend: hey you want to help me do x?
    me: sure invite me.
    *5 minutes later waiting at x to do it*
    me: so are you going to come?
    friend: yeah i'll be there in a couple of minutes i'm just finishing up some stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to be pack, now loner.
    Howay the lads!

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lone wolf here. I get aggravated too easily when playing with others because they're usually very negative.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    More solo but I enjoy both. A certain group of RL friends play mostly the same online games so we're normally avaliable for group content etc and it cuts down on the fucking about and time wasting you can get.

Most soloable content I'll do myself or maybe with one other as I prefer going at my own pace whether that be relaxed or a 6 hour stint. I started on MMO's like Legend of Mir etc where 95+% of the content was solo so grouping up wasn't that common until I hit games like DAoC.

Neither. I like to do group content with unassociated players in a temporary setting. I'm not fond of permanent groups though. They tend to get toxic after awhile and I don't like feeling obligated to play.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    Neither. I like to do group content with unassociated players in a temporary setting. I'm not fond of permanent groups though. They tend to get toxic after awhile and I don't like feeling obligated to play.
    not sure if i just tend to join sucky guilds but as far as i can see, people are always jumping from one title to another. one day you have a guild full of active people. in a week or so, only a few remains online till eventually only i am left online. sometimes i got to join a guild full of members but turned out to be just their alts. made me scratch my head. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SloveenEfsei View Post
    not sure if i just tend to join sucky guilds but as far as i can see, people are always jumping from one title to another. one day you have a guild full of active people. in a week or so, only a few remains online till eventually only i am left online. sometimes i got to join a guild full of members but turned out to be just their alts. made me scratch my head. lol.
    Seems to happen quite a lot, when I last raided on WoW my friends and I made a guild and we had several people who would leave every now and then to join other guilds but come back shortly after as everyone had left the guilds they joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Seems to happen quite a lot, when I last raided on WoW my friends and I made a guild and we had several people who would leave every now and then to join other guilds but come back shortly after as everyone had left the guilds they joined.
    in my case, players ultimately quit the game. in other cases, a guild i joined in has 20 members but was owned by only four people in total. it's hard to find quality guild in an MMO.
    On your knees, I want you to beg for forgiveness.

Deleted
    Lone wolf in the fact I never really play games with premades, however I tend to be a support player in alot of games.

I used to love chucking out heals as a ret paladin to take the pressure off the healers, and I love support class in BF3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Single player. Even in MMOs I prefer questing, hence why WoW is the only MMO I play, not a big fan of multiplayer at all.

Besides, its more fun to go into a game and play it how I want and not how some elitist thinks is the "optimal" way to play.
    Putin khuliyo

even while playing RO2 i tend to play alone. lol.
    On your knees, I want you to beg for forgiveness.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play solo in many games, even in WoW. I do dailies and such alone because all people do is slow me down. I dread leveling with friends because they go AFK every other minute. Not cool at all when your trying to hit max level in a certain time frame.

solo when able,. team up only because it's "needed for the quest"

i used to be a lone wolf, but after getting a taste of how good it is to have a friend that plays, i can't stand to be without a friend anymore. just the two of us though, no extras.