Page 1 of 3
LastLast

sooo, rbg tank in 5.2, pve gear or pvp gear?

still a little confused, i know they said all specs will get a bonus in heals from pvp power, but does that make it better for tanks than pve gear? im thinking of buying a raid run for full pve gear if its ideal, but if pvp gear will be on par for fc, i dont want to waste the gold, thanks

edit, i ment 5.3 derp :/

Deleted
    Buying full PvE gear? I paid like 50k gold per ilvl 410 weapon in cata, and other pieces were like 30k or more. Specific weapons also did not sell for under 300k, like Gurthalak.

So yeah, it's possible, though I don't know if they already sell at this stage and you will need A LOT of gold. Can't say anything about your other question.

for 5.2 stick with pvp gear. because you need the resi. 5.3 might change that. but some high rated fc will test it. but if it is better it will be slightly better. and you will still need both sets.(one for the extra defence. and one to kill stuff)

if u wanna go for pve gear, just farm LFR for it and you will probably have some of it by 5.3 already

10+ Year Old Account
    All other specializations and classes (including tanking) receive a 40% bonus to healing from PvP Power.

obviously pvp gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    All other specializations and classes (including tanking) receive a 40% bonus to healing from PvP Power.

obviously pvp gear
    Might depend on class. How many RBG tanks are really reliant on their self healing for survival, as opposed to damage prevention/absorption abilities (Guard, Shield Barrier, etc)?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    PVE should be better, because of the gem slots in pieces that PVP doesnt have, allowing you to gem more resil. And also due to having a lot of melee avoidance, making melee even worse in RBGs! As if melee weren't terrible enough. Crit/Haste are of no value to an FC. They could make tanking sets, and have resilience replace crit/haste, giving an obviously better pvp solution.

It's odd I hate FCing, but with how much Blizzard gimped my warrior its the only high rated pvp I can do on him now. I am not going back to raiding, so this could leave me with no way to high end PvP unless Arms is significantly buffed. But it looks like they are going to leave Arms gimped. So yeah, probably quitting in 5.3, partly due to this.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-04-12 at 06:20 AM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I'm thinking pve tank gear will be better for 5.3. I guess it depends just how much resilience is still gonna be on pvp gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    I'm thinking pve tank gear will be better for 5.3. I guess it depends just how much resilience is still gonna be on pvp gear.
    Just what you can gem.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

pve clearly...your not there to kill anyone, so pvp power is useless...40% buff to self healing? unless your healers are crap you wont need it...more gem slots, more avoidance, higher health pool etc and so on....

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Just what you can gem.
    Which gear is still gonna have some resilience on it, Or has blizz changed their mind on that?

And just reminded myself that there's gonna be a cap on ilvl at 496 in bgs, rbgs, and arenas so you don't need to go for super gear just lfr unless it has some extra gem slots in it.
    Last edited by mmines; 2013-04-12 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Might depend on class. How many RBG tanks are really reliant on their self healing for survival, as opposed to damage prevention/absorption abilities (Guard, Shield Barrier, etc)?
    well for a gaurdian druid its a 100% pvp gear all the way. since bear druids are made out of self healing.
    and its healing and absort effect. so shield barrier will get a boost from pvp power to:P

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 07:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    pve clearly...your not there to kill anyone, so pvp power is useless...40% buff to self healing? unless your healers are crap you wont need it...more gem slots, more avoidance, higher health pool etc and so on....
    sure more gem slots.

but more avoidance/hp and so on? there are all capped at 496. so its basicly gem slots and set bonus. and some trinket effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    well for a gaurdian druid its a 100% pvp gear all the way. since bear druids are made out of self healing.
    and its healing and absort effect. so shield barrier will get a boost from pvp power to:P
    Ahhh, right. Then, yeah, I expect PvP gear will still be preferred. Melee avoidance is great, but it doesn't work when you're being stabbed in the ass, and it doesn't work when you're being stunlocked.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Ahhh, right. Then, yeah, I expect PvP gear will still be preferred. Melee avoidance is great, but it doesn't work when you're being stabbed in the ass, and it doesn't work when you're being stunlocked.
    yep just went to the ptr and my 60 rage shield barrier normal abosrp 55k now it was close to 70k still not great. but will probebly be worth to have the extra abosrp
    and the extra healing from second wind.(did was on a test bummy/pve envorment. so it will be cut down)

PvP gear is always better.

I wish people would stop saying PvE gear is better.
    If it is, it gets nerfed.

No need to pay for any gear, as everything will be scaled down to 496 anyways. If any PvE pieces will be better than PvP, it will be because of gem slots so you can stack resi gems.
    Then some PvE trinkets will most likely shine, and maybe set bonuses (I got no idea to be honest, I play holy pala and DK TC)

But honestly, I think PvP gear will be doing just fine, if not the top rated ones will toss out spreadsheats pretty fast I assume.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 07:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post

Yeah I hope so, I hate the thought of having to go PvE to get gear.. >.< The only thing is the extra gem slots some PvE items got.
    P.S your signature links are switched x]
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account

That kind of burying your head in the sand stupidity does no one any good.

Facts on PTR as of now:
    There is no Resil on any PvP Gear.
    PVE gear is capped at 496 ilvl in PVP, PvP gear is now 496 ilvl
    PvE gear has Dodge/Parry which is more beneficial to FCs then Haste/Crit
    PvE gear has gem slots that PVP gear does not have.
    You can Gem Resilience
    Resilience is the best PvP stat

Therefore the logical assessment is that PVE gear is better then PVP gear for Flag Carrying as of this PTR build.

When it's updated again, the PvP Power healing will be buffed and we can see how big a deal that turns out to be.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2013-04-12 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    That kind of burying your head in the sand stupidity does no one any good.

Facts on PTR as of now:
    There is no Resil on any PvP Gear.
    PVE gear is capped at 496 ilvl in PVP, PvP gear is now 496 ilvl
    PvE gear has Dodge/Parry which is more beneficial to FCs then Haste/Crit
    PvE gear has gem slots that PVP gear does not have.
    You can Gem Resilience
    Resilience is the best PvP stat

Therefore the logical assessment is that PVE gear is better then PVP gear for Flag Carrying as of this PTR build.

When it's updated again, the PvP Power healing will be buffed and we can see how big a deal that turns out to be.

Ya everything u said, but also dont forget that pve tank gear has set bonus's aumed at tanks. As of right now ima start fcing on my alt warrior and i think unless they change something, the ideal fc set for a warrior will be 2piece t14, 2piecet15, and whatever off pieces have extra slots, the the rest can be made up of pvp gear.

Another thing that makes me think pve gear is better atm is that u can already have a full 496set, no one has a full pvp 496 yet

Deleted

Yeah...no. PvE gear was often, very often better in certain slots than PvP gear. Right now it is obvious that PvE gear will plain obliterate PvP gear for FC unless those 40% healing are to healing received by ALL SOURCES.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/95254
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/95250

Examples of armor that will be better for Guardian FC's. 320 more resilience vs the pvp counterpart.

As an additional thought, this will allow those tanks whom also play feral on certain maps to gear some PvP items purely for that purpose if they are using PvE items for some slots.