Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary Meta Gem - Disc Priest

I'm currently trying to decide between the Courageous Primal Diamond and Sinister Primal Diamond meta gem. What are other Disc players thoughts, taking into account possible atonement changes for 5.3? I'm sadly unable to link due to post count so if someone could provide links that would be appreciated.

I've looked around various forums and any blue posts but with little luck. Does anyone know if the Courageous meta procs off of atonement healing spells? Also does anyone have the RPPM for the Sinister meta gem when scaled by the disc coefficient? I believe the base RPPM is 1.18 I am just unsure of the coefficient for Disc.

Thanks in advance

Courageous procs off of atonement, I just tested it.

Edit: Only works with penance, not hf/solace or smite.
    Last edited by LeetHaxor; 2013-04-19 at 06:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet0r-the-Pan View Post
    i would only buy a flying potato

Deleted
    I took the healing one as well, it seems it proccs off of penance attonement but so far not from smite or holy fire attonement heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    I took the healing one as well, it seems it proccs off of penance attonement but so far not from smite or holy fire attonement heals.
    This appears to be true.

I just smite/solaced for like 5 minutes, and the second I penance it procced.

So as long as you're weaving penance into your atonement rotation (which you should be anyway), it'll proc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pet0r-the-Pan View Post
    i would only buy a flying potato

Get both. If you don't need the extra regen, use the other and do more dps. Simple as that really.

Oh and the meta is not working on Smite or Holy Fire, yet works on Pennance.

Deleted
    i think you should always use the mana reg gem. if u need more dps u can always gem full int + use dps trinkets

I got legendary gem yesterday. It's possible to watch proc of these meta gems ? I try to use tell me when addon, but I don't know how. Thx for any advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KEti View Post
    I got legendary gem yesterday. It's possible to watch proc of these meta gems ? I try to use tell me when addon, but I don't know how. Thx for any advice.
    Weakauras should work (unless you're a druid:P). Anyone who has some logs with you using heavy atonement healing and the meta? I'd be curious how big of a deal smite/hf not procing it is.

I have no reason for mana regen or free spells, I can easily forge a little mastery for spirit if needed, I use the haste gem for those periods of smite spam.

Deleted
    I've had the meta this entire week, and i get roughly 2 procs/minute, running with 7.15% haste unbuffed.
    Logs can be found http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/146243/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottan View Post
    I've had the meta this entire week, and i get roughly 2 procs/minute, running with 7.15% haste unbuffed.
    Logs can be found http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/146243/
    Thanks, seems suprisingly good considering that smite/hf isn't procing it. I guess I'll try to dig up some logs from other healing specs as well so I can make a comparison.

Deleted
    Yeah the proc chance of the meta is insanely high when you start the fight, if you are spamming in the start of the fight you'll mos tlikely get 2 procs within the first 15-20 seconds. Make sure you buff yourself/your raid before you eat your well fed, cause it procs from Inne Fire and fortitude as well, wich makes you get less procs in combat ^^

Deleted
    Yeah the proc chance of the meta is insanely high when you start the fight, if you are spamming in the start of the fight you'll mos tlikely get 2 procs within the first 15-20 seconds. Make sure you buff yourself/your raid before you eat your well fed, cause it procs from Inne Fire and fortitude as well, wich makes you get less procs in combat ^^
    Bad luck protection at work I guess, thanks for the tip (not that I'm particularly close to getting the bloody thing:P).

Deleted
    It is nice, uptime around 8% (me when atonement healing most of time, Monk around 13%). Love free cascade

They fixed it some time last week so it doesn't proc out of combat. It will proc on your first few spells though.
    Last edited by Einai; 2013-04-17 at 12:32 PM.

Deleted
    It procced precombat yesterday, at least on our realm, guess it should be fixed when servers are back up today. =)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty big considering how much our instant cast spells heal/absorb and how much mana they cost. Free cascades, halos and PW:Shields are amazing. The best thing about PW:Shield spam during the proc is that the healing is typically used.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ 13 secrets of the empire, most definitely looking forward to this gem, may even consider dropping some spirit
    Favorite Owned Title: Champion of Ulduar
    Favorite Owned Mount: Ashes of Al'ar
    "Prisoners? Ha. With it bindings unshackled, its gonna' come after us, and we're going to be the prisoners" -- Brann Bronzebeard on Yogg'saron

10+ Year Old Account
    You can cast PW:Shield 3 times for free if you are really quick. Procs a lot. LOVE IT SO FAR!!!
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

This meta is absurd!! LOVE IT! I was able to drop another 1K while casting because of it and pick up a ton of other stats. Listen for that proc, and spam your shields/big spells! It doesn't proc off solace/HF/smite atonement but it does off of penance and every single other frieking spell you have (other than shadow ofc). Even fort....It's pretty awesome to hear proc after proc and just go ham on shields in our raid.