Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Thats what I despise about glyphs, your only allowed to have <---> this much fun, whereas without that crappy needless system (the lesser glyphs) , you could be having <-----------this much fun------------>
    That's so crazy. They try and add something that they suppose would be fun, and actually, I personally think it is. I'm like, oh, look at this, now that's a neat little idea, and then I go for the glyph. Fun stuff. Minor, but fun, nothing more that it's supposed to be.

But then, a guy like yourself comes around and somehow manages to actually "despise" it and feel how it's diminishing his enjoyment of the game. I just so can't relate to that. It's remarkable, fascinating, really. I don't even know how one gets himself in such a mindset. I seriously ask myself how you people do it. It sure is tilting at windmills for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I suppose that this is what GC meant when he said that it was so difficult to cut skills on hunters cause everytime they think of one it turns out to be a big favourite.
    that's because he's doing it wrong, plain and simple.

if you remove a vanity skill that has nothing to do with combat, people who loved it will complain. not to mention it does NOTHING to help with the issue of having too many buttons to press.

if you remove one of those "increase this for X seconds" CD and bake it's effect into another CD or just buff the rest to make up for it, hunters will get happy to have less buttons to press.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I would say that they removed it because they found some exploits that were possible for it and couldn't be bothered fixing it. There is no reason to remove it otherwise, the tech is already there, it does no harm letting it stay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDragon91 View Post
    Not sure if serious or not..but Hunters have the LEAST hot keys..out of every damm Classes..1 to keep up focus..3-4 attacks as basic..2-3 from perks talent..and 3 traps..yeah..not sure if serious or not..
    Not sure if you are serious, hunters have around 30 active abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    That's so crazy. They try and add something that they suppose would be fun, and actually, I personally think it is. I'm like, oh, look at this, now that's a neat little idea, and then I go for the glyph. Fun stuff. Minor, but fun, nothing more that it's supposed to be.

But then, a guy like yourself comes around and somehow manages to actually "despise" it and feel how it's diminishing his enjoyment of the game. I just so can't relate to that. It's remarkable, fascinating, really. I don't even know how one gets himself in such a mindset. I seriously ask myself how you people do it. It sure is tilting at windmills for Blizzard.
    he's not really wrong. back in vanilla, you always had access to all the vanity skills and aesthetic stuff your class had. now we have to choose 3 among them and trash the rest. sure, since the glyph system was implemented, we got a lot more aesthetic and fun stuff, but the weight of having to forsake some very cool stuff because some others would be more useful is heavy.

as a warlock, I want to take glyph of felguard, soulwell and shadow bolt.

I can't, because nightmares, falling meteor, eye of kilrog and enslave demon are more useful. (and I still have to choose one to discard)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    that's because he's doing it wrong, plain and simple.

if you remove a vanity skill that has nothing to do with combat, people who loved it will complain. not to mention it does NOTHING to help with the issue of having too many buttons to press.

if you remove one of those "increase this for X seconds" CD and bake it's effect into another CD or just buff the rest to make up for it, hunters will get happy to have less buttons to press.
    this is not gonna change even if this was the removal of a combat skill.
    I clearly remember when volley was removed, the crying of that was so much that if we collected all the tears we could have made a river Nile 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    this is not gonna change even if this was the removal of a combat skill.
    I clearly remember when volley was removed, the crying of that was so much that if we collected all the tears we could have made a river Nile 2.0
    that's because volley was an useful AoE skill with cool visuals and akin to something many classes like warlocks and mages had and still have.

skills that "increase X for Y seconds" are boring and can be easily removed.

Because it was bloat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

he's not really wrong. back in vanilla, you always had access to all the vanity skills and aesthetic stuff your class had. now we have to choose 3 among them and trash the rest. sure, since the glyph system was implemented, we got a lot more aesthetic and fun stuff, but the weight of having to forsake some very cool stuff because some others would be more useful is heavy.

as a warlock, I want to take glyph of felguard, soulwell and shadow bolt.

I can't, because nightmares, falling meteor, eye of kilrog and enslave demon are more useful. (and I still have to choose one to discard)
    Back in Vanilla™ we didn't even have vanity spells. There were only a bunch of spells that were intended to have some actual use but ended up not having (Totem of Sentry, Eyes of the Beast and the like). Players might have seen/used them as "fun spells", but that wasn't their intention.

Deleted
    that's because volley was an useful AoE skill with cool visuals and akin to something many classes like warlocks and mages had and still have.

skills that "increase X for Y seconds" are boring and can be easily removed.
    you see, this is the point: is a matter of perspective. If they removed something like the thing you mentioned, you won't be here posting, but someone else will be and will complain the exact same way you do "Goddamn stupid Change for blizzard there may have been other skills balhalblahaladfsfohasdfoas" this guys maybe never posted on a forums but would have started if that would have happened.

At the present time, Blizzard is in a situation where *it can't win anymore* the community is so big and large that is absolutely useless trying to take anything that is said on the forums for good, they still try I personally don't know why they bother.

So, while the removal of volley have been decided to remove bloat and streamline the AoE rotation, this probably is a decision that has been taken like this:

Designer1: *looking at the hunter spellbook (not action bars, spellbook)* Jesus there's so much crap in here, we have to start trying to cut off some stuff
    Designer2: Difficult to say, do you remember all those tears when we removed Volley?
    Desiger1: Right o' I do remember indeed. What is the least used ability right now?
    Designer2: *looka t statistic and tracing* we have some thousands of hunters, except for rotation abilities seems that Eye of the beast is used by [extremelysmallpercentageofpeople]
    Designer1: well let's kick it out then, we have to start somewhere
    the point that I cannot stand is that lot of people that post here have this kind of weird image where probably designers in wow are some kind of sadists that go to work wearing latex and bringing whips and cuffs with them, then scourge the forum to drink your tears and make changes so that they can feed on more of them

EDIT: Btw I do find that it would be nice to keep it as a glyph and they should go that way like they did with a lot of others skills
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2013-04-13 at 01:59 PM.

I remember hiding behind a tree in Elwynn forest, just outside of Goldshire. I'd use my cat to murder lowbies, and nobody knew where I was.

I really do miss eyes of the beast it was such a pointless waste of time but it was fun

Blizz really needs to understand the meaning of bloat

Having ten thousands buttons to press in a dps rotation is a bloat having a fun meaningless ability that sits somewhere on your taskbar that you use for shits and giggles isnt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I have a lot of respect for GC
    stopped reading there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-like-chocolate-milk View Post
    stopped reading there
    Its funny because if it wasn't GC coming forward and being the designers community front it would be someone else. That someone else would be hated instead of GC. You don't hate GC because of 'where this game is going', you hate him because hes the major front for the team and hes an easy target.

You all talk as if GC is the only one designing things for WoW these days.

EDIT: Let me ask you this; Which one of GC's recent decisions do you hate the most?
    I bet you you can't give me a straight answer because you have no idea what he actually decides.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post

It's pretty easy really. You have just been blinded by good old fashioned sleight of hand. The minor glyph system absolutely removes fun from the game. Before the glyph system we had access to ALL the fun useless spells at once. Now we only have 3 minor glyph slots at a time, that means you only get 3 vanity spells, instead of ALL of them. How do you not see that after he pointed it out? Remove minor glyphs, give access to all vanity spells of the class via segregated spell book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post

You all talk as if GC is the only one designing things for WoW these days..
    "Lead Systems Designer"

"Lead Systems"

"Lead"

I'm fairly sure most of the stuff that goes through, gets his stamp.

So it's pretty valid to hate the guy. And considering how much "bloat" they've removed from the game, he deserves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring Back Volley!!!! I Miss Volley!!!!

Think they should remove all move, make one move that does our full rotations worth of damage while patting us on the back for being super leet. A lot of the fun items in this game have dumb cds 1hr for a 3 min statue that does nothing and they remove fun non dps skills for no reason other than they could. it doesn't "take up ui room" if you just leave it in your book until you need it.

Playing Rift, have over 9000 buttons on my rogue. Most are useless in a rotation, but they are fun and have nice graphics. I think the EJ crowd has too big an influence on the wow devs, since they want to axe anything that doesn't fit in an approved rotation for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I think GC seriously needs to examine exactly what he means by 'bloat' and be more precise in its definition, because his and my definition are very different. For me, Hunter bloat does not come from skills like Eyes of the Beast, which are almost out of combat fun stuff, but rather from in combat cooldowns like Bestial Wrath, Focus Fire, Rapid Fire, Dire Beast, Readiness etc. Especially ones with short to medium cooldowns of 30-120 seconds. This is why my hunter alt has taken some passive talents just to reduce the clutter - and whether I had Eyes of the Beast or not would make no difference. Bloat is not the total number of spells a class has but how many buttons and cooldowns we have to manage while fighting.
    Bloat: When 4 of my minor glyphs modify Polymorph, a spell I already have like 4-5 other spells of, and one that I almost never cast outside of PvP, and when I do cast it, I hardly have the time to stare at the adorable critter I turned my vicious foe(s) into.
    Bloat: Besides the Suppression Chamber of BWL, Disarm Trap.
    Bloat: Adding new minor glyphs that add a literally worthless ability to "focus intently on a critter" or "contemplate about The Light". (I thought we were removing old abilities that were worthless; why are we now adding some?)
    Not Bloat: Eyes of the Beast.

GC's retarded sometimes.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.