Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I still miss sentry totem. I know people said it was useless, but I used it all the time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I think GC seriously needs to examine exactly what he means by 'bloat' and be more precise in its definition, because his and my definition are very different.
    GC is lead systems designer of the game, so sadly his definition of bloat is the only one that matters (between his and yours).

My hunter is one of my 2 mains and while I miss Eyes of the Beast - I don't sit around hating the devs over its absence. It was fun to goof around with, for sure, but ultimately its their call. Too many people here (and elsewhere) seem to forget that its Blizz's game, not ours.

This is why we have less blue posts/direct communication on the official forums. People take any comment they can and either twist it out of context to try and strengthen their argument, or demand the developers explain themselves to the community. Its their game. No matter how much any of us hate or dislike a change, it is within their right to make it.

If you want Eyes of the beast back you'd get a lot further making a constructive post about what the spell meant to you than you will QQing about GC's definition of a word vs. your own.

On the HPP Frost talked about this a lot, He defined bloat as required (read as required for optimal dps rotation) but that offer a significant increase over something else.
    If a hunter can get roughly the same dps using only cobra, arcane, and xplo shot as they can working in the talented abilities like GT and DB then those talents are essentially bloating the rotation. There needs to be a reward, (extreme increase in dps) for using the entire rotation, as well as dps penalties (something more than a 15% difference) for not using a near optimal rotation.
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

Deleted
    people should know by now that ghostcrawler has no idea what he's on about. he is probably the worst employee there since he got hired the game has gotten worse, and he just basically trolls wow players on his twitter

If Eyes of the Beast is considered "bloat", why did they add Glyph of Fetch and Glyph of Fireworks?

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope they bring back Sentry Totem too if they bring this back.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphias View Post
    If Eyes of the Beast is considered "bloat", why did they add Glyph of Fetch and Glyph of Fireworks?
    Because there is a significant difference between an ability all hunters get and a glyph not everyone will use and that is optional to have in the first place? I don't know seems simple enough to me really. Instead of crying about stupid bullshit like this why not just request that Blizzard bring back the ability as a minor glyph? seems more productive to me than what is going on in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Because there is a significant difference between an ability all hunters get and a glyph not everyone will use and that is optional to have in the first place? I don't know seems simple enough to me really. Instead of crying about stupid bullshit like this why not just request that Blizzard bring back the ability as a minor glyph? seems more productive to me than what is going on in this thread.
    There is not a significant difference between an ability you have in your spellbook but never need to move to your bars unless you want it, and an unused minor glyph that stays grayed out on your glyph page because you never bother to buy it.

Several people have mentioned the minor glyph option, here and elsewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Systems Designer........ Hes not the Lead Game Designer/Director, hes a Systems designer. Hes 1 part of a massive cog wheel that works in unison. To assume that GC makes all of the shots and signs off everything is naive.

Everyone has a boss and GC is definitely not the boss. Not sure why you think hes the only one calling the shots....
    Now your just nitpicking semantics you know? But fine let's play it that way.
    Supposedly he's not the game designer but he's a system designer. I dunno about you but it make sense to me that he sometimes go "uhmmm no can do lead game designer, the system cant keep up with your idea no matter how I swing it, do something else". Yeah maybe he does not pull all the shots but as you said, he is that one big cog that is needed for everything to work. In order for all the cogs to work together there must be an agreement and that agreement might very well be <dramatic drums> "get rid of EotB".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    I sure hope they bring back Sentry Totem too if they bring this back.
    Sincere question: Are the people I see begging for Sentry totem being silly? I see people ask a lot but that is one ability I would consider nothing but bloat because it was rarely used nor was it especially fun.

The only time I ever dropped that thing was in the WSG to help call out incomings, but even then it wasn't needed; it's not especially hard to know when their team is zerging up your tunnel.

Back in the day, that totem was a joke. People would use it as the shining example of ridiculously useless filler abilities. I can only assume people are being ironic now.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    It's totally unfair that other classes can have "silly" glyphs and such and we can't get eotb, plus that skill entertained a lot of people. Eotb could simply become a glyph, it wouldn't hurt...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Erm....You quoted me and then disagreed with that direct quote.....

Seems pretty clear to me.
    He's a systems design lead, you're lying to yourself if you think he doesn't put his stamp on most of the stuff in the game.

I think it goes without saying there are also OTHER leads than him.

Like I said, implying he doesn't sign off on most things given what he does, and his place as a lead, is foolish at the very least.