Deleted

enhance in challenge modes

I've recently gotten my first gold run with a guildie and some randoms in Scarlet Monastery (I was asked by the guildie, I had no experience on CMs other than a random run in Stormstout Brewery with a clear time of ~1h.)
    I was curious about the rest of the CMs and Enhance-shammy in them, do we have some niches or preferred talents / reforges?
    I went with echo/uf as i thought it would be preferred when the gear scaled to 463.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went with Echo/UF.

Didn't do any niche talents or reforges. Play hard, play well, and you'll get the gold!
    Currently Procrastinating

I went with echo and PE. Echo because it's without doubt the best AoE talent and then PE to burn down bosses. UF doesn't do all that much for the trash dps, so I opted to skip that talent.
    e
    Outside that I glyphed CL and FN and then the last slot depending on what I need.

AG, cap totem and Earth elemental are all nice tools a shaman has.
    I kept ascendance for bosses, FET was used depending on the CM for hard trash pulls or the boss. Wolves were pretty much used on CD.

I didn't bother to reforge back into mastery for more AoE damage but I reckon that's something you can do.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    I was mastery echo/UF, pretty standard build.
    Call of elements for double stun on difficult trash packs.

We did it with ret, windwalker, enhance, disc, prot war. If that setup can do it I guess anyone can.

Deleted
    EM/PE by far the best for challenge modes IMO...the primal EE can be a life-saver on certain trash packs, and the primal FE for bursting down bosses (EM also useful for nasty trash packs and bosses). UF is no good because of constant target switching and use of CL (I never liked that talent because of it), Echo won't do much as the trash mobs don't live very long (less FN) plus you ought to be spot healing the tank as well. (less LB/CL)

Try to use passive agi trinkets as well, since the bulk of their dps (the agi part) can't be lost on bad procs at the end of trash pulls etc. (DMC top of the list followed by anything with a haste proc/on use)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-04-24 at 01:22 AM.

I did all of them a while back running with EoE/UF, much more sustained dmg so trash dies faster, and the burst is not all that bad either. We also ran with a resto druid which gave me symbiosis, since Solar Beam is insanely strong in some of the CM's with many big packs of caster mobs (SM Cath, Scholomance, Scarlet Halls etc.)

Our utility really shines as well with capacitor totem and ancestral guidance being very strong when coupled with fire nova on an aoe-pack.