PvE trinket nerf (Shado-pan assault trinkets)

Hi there. As you might have noticed the April 10th hotfixes addressed the over-the-top strenght/agility procs of the trinkets baught from the shado-pan assault vendors.

Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault now grants a reduced bonus of 6908 to Strength when the effect is activated in PvP combat, down from 8800. The bonus remains unchanged when the effect is activated in PvE combat.
    Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault now grants a reduced bonus of 6908 to Agility when the effect is activated in PvP combat, down from 8800. The bonus remains unchanged when the effect is activated in PvE combat.

Now, my question to all fellow dps'ers; Will the PvE trinkets still go out ahead of the tyranical proc trinket (Badge)?

I am sure some theorycrafter's have something to say about this.

Thanks in advance

//Mainframe

Deleted
    SPA trinket is still better.

It gives 2,9k agi/str more than proc trinket and 4 k over on use one.
    If they nerf the proc rate and make it dispellable it will be worse then PvP ones.

Still peoples lost 1,9k agi/str which means you will get hit by mhm 150k evis instead of 170k.
    So the nerf is not a big deal its still OP for PvP and way better than PvP trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the PvE trinkets will still be better. Why?

Because the classes which used those PvE trinkets the most were the classes which have passively increased primary stats. Sublety rogues get 30% more agility, unholy dks get 15% more strength. Those trinkets scale EXTREMELY well with specs like sublety and unholy. Sure, those specs will do a little bit less damage now, but if Blizzard wants to take those trinkets out of PvE, they should've brought those PvE trinkets' proc down to the PvP trinket procs.

Deleted
    They nerfed the proc to 496 ilvl, I doubt it will get any worse, not sure whether base stats were nerfed or not. It is better in burst, but far worse for pressure, and it lacks ressilience currently, and in 5.3 even more pvp power instead. I did the math somewhere, but it is barely better during burst (although can make difference), but far worse while on cd.

But anyway, in my reality when they will buff pvp trinket to 496 ilvl, It still won't be near 6908 proc, but it should be, don't get why it's not when they make same stats on the same ilvl stuff on pve and pvp things, and trinkets which is arguabaly one of the most important things are different, they cannot be suprised all pvp people will take it then.

Anyway, it is better to go with pvp trinket on top level pvp now, which makes it fixed imo.
    Last edited by mmoc84af5ad5d2; 2013-04-11 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    This sucks! No more 270k eviscerate crits with shadopan and pvp trinket proccing togheter.

Deleted
    A little step forward.. c'mon blizzard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirlias View Post
    A little step forward.. c'mon blizzard
    Next up to the chopping block: Warlocks. They need to be toned down.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    Please elaborate with valid arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    They are nerfing gateway, wish granted. Anything else though and its pushing it. Warlocks have one of the most predictable dmg
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Blizz dev's are incredibly stupid.

5.0->5.1 we're reducing on use from 2min to 1min to tone down burst.
    5.2 SPA trinkets with icd's > 1min

SPA agi is proc trinket with 2min icd (and procs are normally stronger than on use since it's not on demand).
    Ye guys fixed it! now it only procs 6.9k in stead of 8.8k. The overkill damage won't be as absurd but thug cleave openers will still be as retarded as now.

So how to fix it? Reduce the icd to 45 and adjust proc. Or give it static agi/str and let the proc give crit/haste.

I really wonder why they are that stupid? Is their a hole in their head, do they forget instantly whatever they do? The power of the trinket is not ilvl, it's the insane proc on a long icd that makes it too powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still overpowered. Should have been nerfed to a 45s ICD and 3954 stat in pvp.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Agreed with woopy and korg, while it is very fun to see huge eviscerates and double rogue in 2v2 just melting stuff it shouldn't be like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    They nerfed the proc to 496 ilvl, <snip>
    Makes a bit sense since they are scaling down ilvl to 496 for pvp in 5.3 (BGs etc)
    Surrounded by idiots