Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Secrets of the Empire - drop rate....

Ok this is stupid now, 2 people from my guild got 20/20 last night and they have been doing as many raids and lfr as me, and im on 8/20, and one of them even killed less bosses on normal and in lFR then me... I know its RNG but that is just stupid... How are you compared to others?

If they've done the same or less bosses than you then it's got little to do with the drop rate you mentioned in your title. This phenomenon could happen at any drop rate, albeit less likely with higher rates.

35 boss kills, 14 secrets.

Deleted
    I'm on 10 from just LFR raiding.
    A player in my guild's raiding team was doing the Nalak quest last night.
    Another player in my guilds raiding team has had ZERO drops.

33 Bosses (doesn't include kills on multiple difficulties)
    12 secrets

i killed 80 in total ( LFR + normal ) and i got only 8... thats is just crazy...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure eventually some smart ass will come and tell you that rng is rng and will entirely miss the point. Good luck to you sir.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

rng is rng

/10char

Deleted
    Also please remember that you get it the same way as rep with the SP Assault. Ie. Only one chance per boss per week. So its quite pointless to go lfr & normal unless your guild cant do 9/12 yet.
    Currently on 17 and 2 guildies at 20. With 2 first weeks 6/12 and the remaining weeks 11/12 not including this week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    35 boss kills, 14 secrets.
    65 boss kills 11 secrets, 2 people in my guild have their metas, 1 guy got his first runestone today

Just been informed about the LFR/Normal thing thats lame as shit..sigh

44 kills on normal and 16 secrets currently. So about 36% droprate.

I've done more kills on normal than on LFR every week, so that would be the number of possible drops I've got.

I'm amongst the highest group in my raid, the lowest are around 10ish I believe. One was stuck on about 4 or 5, then he got 7 secrets this week.

I've done LFR only.

9/30. (I still have 3 more bosses to kill this week)

Pretty good I think, I'm actually tracking my rate, and everyone seems to be landing closer to 30-35%.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I'm sure eventually some smart ass will come and tell you that rng is rng and will entirely miss the point. Good luck to you sir.
    That IS the point. When you do the same number of bosses as another person you're comparing yourself to and get different numbers of secrets, as OP said he had, then it's because of randomness and no other cause.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    That IS the point. When you do the same number of bosses as another person you're comparing yourself to and get different numbers of secrets, as OP said he had, then it's because of randomness and no other cause.
    Well I can't speak for him but the liberal use of the word stupid in his OP suggests to me that the heart of the issue is that RNG for the sake of RNG is a piss poor design. Saying RNG is RNG is a tautology but somehow you can always guarantee that some jack ass will come into a forum and say it without missing the overall point that RNG is lame.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    They drop alot in Normal & Herioc modes.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Would've had it last week if I hadn't forgot to pick up the quest again after faction changing

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Well I can't speak for him but the liberal use of the word stupid in his OP suggests to me that the heart of the issue is that RNG for the sake of RNG is a piss poor design. Saying RNG is RNG is a tautology but somehow you can always guarantee that some jack ass will come into a forum and say it without missing the overall point that RNG is lame.
    RNG is not lame in some universal objective sense. Some people like it and some don't. Blizz has made it clear they want RNG to be part of the equation. That's the way it is and will always be, and RNG is the cause for OP's woes. You can either accept it or make threads that go nowhere and be eternally unsatisfied. But RNG is the explanation here, yes, and you not liking RNG doesn't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    RNG is not lame in some universal objective sense. Some people like it and some don't. Blizz has made it clear they want RNG to be part of the equation. That's the way it is and will always be, and RNG is the cause for OP's woes. You can either accept it or make threads that go nowhere and be eternally unsatisfied. But RNG is the explanation here, yes, and you not liking RNG doesn't change that.
    Actually it is lame but I never said it was in a universal sense. i'm sure theirs some sado masochists who enjoy getting punched in the balls on a regular basis. I personally don't know of any, just as I personally don't know a single soul who would stand up and say YES RNG GIVE IT TO ME HARDER but I'm sure some lone soul out there loves it. That is not the way it always has to be though. With enough pressure anything can move. Just need the right kind of pressure and the right amount (I'm guessing enough subs lost?) to get a move to happen.
    The hammer comes down:

Can´t imagine anything more boring than a game without randomness.

10+ Year Old Account
    35 unique kills, 9 secrets. Not that bad, got 4 secrets in 6 bosses this reset though.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.