Thread: SV or BM?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I would have to recommend SV with AMoC, Fervor, and Crit > Haste > Mastery with any RPPM items. I beat our BM + DB hunter most fights and she's higher ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I'm having a hard time deciding which of the two to play. I currently play BM for mostly everything, switching to SV for more AoE heavy fights, but I've been considering going full time SV(reforging and the works). However, I'm not really sure on whether it is worth it with my gear or not. Femdwarf doesn't help much here as it just gives me the info I already know(BM ahead on ST). I've heard chatter about SV becoming better than BM with haste/higher ilvl weapon/rppm trinkets/etc, but hoping to find some answers here!

Anyway, short story is: I want to go full time SV to reforge to haste, but also want to do the best I can for the raid. Worth it yet?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Ren/advanced
    Once you have RPPM items, all three specs share the same stat prio.. Crit > Haste > Mastery.. as a general rule.. right now some hunters are experimenting with Haste > Crit > Mastery.. but the results aren't definitive and we don't have enough data yet to make an informed conclusion.. Regardless, the difference is fairly minimal.. So Crit > Haste > Mastery for everything with 1-2 RPPM items.. trinkets or tier sets.. So you don't need to have special reforges.. you can use the same gear set for BM and SV..

Don't know how things might change with the changes in 5.3, but for now, SV will never outdps BM on single target.. no matter what the gear level. Especially so for you since you're rocking t14 4 set.. I dunnu if you're in a progression guild or not.. but if you want to do good in raids, my suggestion would be to use BM for single target fights and swap to SV for aoe/multi target.. But that is for min/maxing.. You'd be fine staying SV even on single target, since you seem to prefer that spec.. the difference won't be huge..

Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    I would have to recommend SV with AMoC, Fervor, and Crit > Haste > Mastery with any RPPM items. I beat our BM + DB hunter most fights and she's higher ilvl.
    Ever consider she's not as skilled ? Or that you might be comparing aoe/multi target fights.. BM will always outperform SV on single target, with the condition that there are no pet issues..

with rppm you are talking about trinkets and meta? interesting, when is correct to change the priority for reforging with 2 trinkets rppm or with 2 trinkets rppm and the new meta?

All 5.2 trinkets besides valor trink, meta gem, t15 2 pc bonus and 4 pc bonus.. all RPPM..

Once you have atleast 1-2 RPPM items.. it could be anything.. trinket or set bonus or meta..

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Once you have RPPM items, all three specs share the same stat prio.. Crit > Haste > Mastery.. as a general rule.. right now some hunters are experimenting with Haste > Crit > Mastery.. but the results aren't definitive and we don't have enough data yet to make an informed conclusion.. Regardless, the difference is fairly minimal.. So Crit > Haste > Mastery for everything with 1-2 RPPM items.. trinkets or tier sets.. So you don't need to have special reforges.. you can use the same gear set for BM and SV..

Don't know how things might change with the changes in 5.3, but for now, SV will never outdps BM on single target.. no matter what the gear level. Especially so for you since you're rocking t14 4 set.. I dunnu if you're in a progression guild or not.. but if you want to do good in raids, my suggestion would be to use BM for single target fights and swap to SV for aoe/multi target.. But that is for min/maxing.. You'd be fine staying SV even on single target, since you seem to prefer that spec.. the difference won't be huge..
    Rocking Juju and 2 set, made the switch to Haste > Crit > Mastery. I've seen an increase in DPS, but I'm also gearing up considerably as well. Everything feels smoother though with my Cobra Shot at 1.5. I'll compare 2 different weeks when I've gotten no gear upgrades for a while. One week with Crit > Haste and another with Haste > Crit.

i dont know these "pet issues" people are having as BM. the only issues i have is with my hero pet using hero. using hero! is not even usable by the pet! i dont understand! however, back on point, BM is amazing if you know how to cycle all of its CD's. however, it takes time to learn, so going SV would be the best course of action for someone coming back. unless, or course, you like a good challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post

I am, we are just a bit slow. Have had problems with roster here and there, but we're working on it. So since I don't have RPPM trinket(just have valor/Bottle of Inf Stars), should stick with crit>mastery>haste, then switch to haste>mastery once I get RPPM? Sounds like a plan. And yeah, plan to BM the pure ST fights, thanks much for the response!

Quote Originally Posted by Elbleino View Post
    i dont know these "pet issues" people are having as BM. the only issues i have is with my hero pet using hero. using hero! is not even usable by the pet! i dont understand! however, back on point, BM is amazing if you know how to cycle all of its CD's. however, it takes time to learn, so going SV would be the best course of action for someone coming back. unless, or course, you like a good challenge.
    You really think people on here don't know how to play BM properly, or haven't had real experience dictate that pet pathing on multiple current tier boss fights just blows?

ToT seems geared toward SV with all of the opportunities to AOE, but it will be interesting to see how the 5.3 changes pan out. I do love using BM for Oondasta and Nalak though.

I keep seeing how everyone says bm just blows away sv single target yet no matter how many times I sim it surv for me is around 5k ahead of bm when it's set to only one mob in simcraft. I also can't seem to get bm to pull ahead in practice probably b/c I've only been survival on hunter this whole xpac idk but I run rotations that are posted on the forum and with my rppm items everyone says the stat orders are the same so not sure why in simcraft and practice (unless I'm doing something wrong but I follow what's said on here/noxxic/ej rotation/cd wise) I can't seem to get bm to pull ahead on single target.

Deleted
    IMO SV is easier to play and more fun. BM is all about managing cooldowns and stacking them correctly. SV takes a bit less concentration which allows you to have perfect mechanics in raid fights - Im usually the one doing things like Tortos kicking, Leading through Durumu etc. In terms of raw dps BM is a bit higher but not by much. SV AoE is much, much better. Overall if you get good at SV and stick with it you will be an asset to your raid tem.

10+ Year Old Account
    The good news is, BM AOE is pretty damn awesome on the PTR with the 2nd buff to beast cleave and the change to Blink Strikes.

---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ayaraa View Post
    I keep seeing how everyone says bm just blows away sv single target yet no matter how many times I sim it surv for me is around 5k ahead of bm when it's set to only one mob in simcraft. I also can't seem to get bm to pull ahead in practice probably b/c I've only been survival on hunter this whole xpac idk but I run rotations that are posted on the forum and with my rppm items everyone says the stat orders are the same so not sure why in simcraft and practice (unless I'm doing something wrong but I follow what's said on here/noxxic/ej rotation/cd wise) I can't seem to get bm to pull ahead on single target.
    We're not saying BM 'blows survival away'. Its better, but only marginally.

Also, please use shorter sentences. That post was kind of an eyestrain to read. :P