Thread: SV or BM?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SV or BM?

Which spec is tracking out to be tops in pve these days?

I have been plugging into http://www.femaledwarf.com/ but my gear isn't great (just hit 90 recently) and it seems to fluctuate between SV and BM.

What is the general consensus?

I was told BM was the PvP spec of choice.

Thanks!

BM is a little better on pure single target fights. Everywhere else SV is better.

Thank you. I just returned to the game in general and am adjusting to the changes. I appreciate it!!

The delta btwn the two on ST isn't that huge, though. Also, lots of fights have adds, and some of the fights (e.g. Megaera) have issues with pet pathing that can hamstring BM more than SV (since pet downtime hits BM harder). Since you're just coming back, I'd just roll with SV and get the hang of it since playing SV pretty well will do you more good overall than switching for 3 or so fights and doing mediocre at BM.

Or, if you prefer BM, you can just run that instead of SV. It isn't trash on aoe fights or anything, just not as strong usually.

I really can't recommend MM at all.

ETA: And yes, BM is generally the top choice for PVP, followed by MM.

As has been said, all of the 3 specs are theoretically so close to each other that it almost doesn't matter which spec you choose.. SV excells on AoE fights and somewhat on multidotting fights, while BM has better on demand burst..

you should choose a spec based on what you feel you are the best at playing, since that will make a greater difference.. while this is said SV is usually a lot easier to play than BM, and again easier than the gimpy MM spec.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    BM is a little better on pure single target fights. Everywhere else SV is better.
    This, this, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this. You shouldn't really bother with MM unless you wanna gimp yourself and/or you really wanna have a walk down memory lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    As has been said, all of the 3 specs are theoretically so close to each other that it almost doesn't matter which spec you choose.. SV excells on AoE fights and somewhat on multidotting fights, while BM has better on demand burst..

you should choose a spec based on what you feel you are the best at playing, since that will make a greater difference.. while this is said SV is usually a lot easier to play than BM, and again easier than the gimpy MM spec.
    Somewhat? Our SrS ticks for more than any other class's DoTs(When comparing straight Dot vs. Dot damage).

Most multidotting classes have more than one dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    Most multidotting classes have more than one dot.
    Both of Moonkin DoTs are barely better TOGETHER than SrS. Not to mention you need 2 GCDs or more to apply other class's dots

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Both of Moonkin DoTs are barely better TOGETHER than SrS. Not to mention you need 2 GCDs or more to apply other class's dots
    Boomkin multidot damage is heavily dependent on Starsurge, which happens to be mostly instant cast, procs more during multidotting, and scales better than just about any spell in the game.

We just have our DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    More or less this. But if you like SV and don't think much of BM, it's not a big deal if you just stay SV unless you're in a serious raiding guild/want to min/max, the difference is noticeable but fairly minimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this apply to jin'rock heroic? I find myself doing a lot less dmg in BM than Sv, although I'm not quite sure that with 2 piece of the tier I should reforge Mastery>haste, I'm currently reforming haste> mastery.. And it's a pure single target right :/

There are pet issues on jinrokh.. which is why SV would be better. And yea we don't even come close to other dot classes when it comes to multi dotting.. you can't compare just a dot vs other dot lol.. it's what that dot does that matters.. and yea like meleti mentioned, for moonkins on multi target fights, the biggest dmg portion comes from the massive starsurge procs the dots give.. than the actual dot damage.. srs gives us nothing..

Deleted
    sv wins out on happy movement fights doing random hc's etc also when getting 1 proc per minute trinket you'll want to mostly go down the haste lane

@hiraishin single target crit beats haste multi target it's the other way around, ofc this is taking into account you have either one of the rppm trinkets
    Once you reforge mostly out of mastery bm loses alot of it's oomph yes it scales crazy with agi but since mastery gives the pet a huge boost losing that much mastery kinda breaks bm

I'm having a hard time deciding which of the two to play. I currently play BM for mostly everything, switching to SV for more AoE heavy fights, but I've been considering going full time SV(reforging and the works). However, I'm not really sure on whether it is worth it with my gear or not. Femdwarf doesn't help much here as it just gives me the info I already know(BM ahead on ST). I've heard chatter about SV becoming better than BM with haste/higher ilvl weapon/rppm trinkets/etc, but hoping to find some answers here!

Anyway, short story is: I want to go full time SV to reforge to haste, but also want to do the best I can for the raid. Worth it yet?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Ren/advanced

Also, what is a good reading source? Elitist Jerks seems kinda dead...BRK isn't around anymore...?
    Zeherah is out of date?

Deleted
    aettis without atleast 1 proc trinket it really aint worth it if ya wanna play sv stick with Crit > mastery > haste

brk vanished ages ago due to irl (he'll be missed )
    ej been kinda wonky for a long time tbh reading wise best bet is coming here atm

Quote Originally Posted by spookychick13 View Post
    Also, what is a good reading source? Elitist Jerks seems kinda dead...BRK isn't around anymore...?
    Zeherah is out of date?
    I get most of my news and Hunter/WoW related info from MMO-Champion and Icy-Veins

What is the spec choice for SV?
    And PvP BM?

Quote Originally Posted by spookychick13 View Post
    What is the spec choice for SV?
    And PvP BM?
    Spec choice? As in talents? Crows/dire beast or fervor (preference normally goes to fervor but dire beast is solid)/glaive toss.

And yes BM for pvp, powershot/blink strike/dire beast
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.