Deleted

Legendary Meta Gem

Hello fellow Warriors.

I just obtained my Legendary Meta Gem and I am wondering if anyone here has experience/informations about if it is actually better than the old Meta Gem!?
    I am playing SMF.

To make it clear, we are talking about capacitive-primal-diamond replacing reverberating-primal-diamond.

Tonight i will be raiding with the new Meta for the 1st Time. I´ll post WoL afterwards.
    Sry for no Links but its my 1st post and I am not allowed to do so :/

Thx for your help

Tabbz

10+ Year Old Account
    According to my napkin math, it's a DPS increase. According to collisions sims, its a DPS increase as well.

Yes. Of course its a DPS increase over a normal metagem.

Deleted
    open recount, look at meta gem doing 7%+ of overall damage -> smile.

(probably going to be a bit lower for AoE fights)

It proccs like crazy, just tested it on dummies and I already forgot what stats the old meta gem had.
    Last edited by mmoc5405551c01; 2013-04-11 at 08:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is does it AOE? I too obtained it today and had the same questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    open recount, look at meta gem doing 7%+ of overall damage -> smile.

(probably going to be a bit lower for AoE fights)

It proccs like crazy, just tested it on dummies and I already forgot what stats the old meta gem had.
    7% damage gain overall for a loss of 6% crit multiplier, which means our reck burst will be slightly lower (with 4p should be around 3%) but our sustained is higher.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2013-04-14 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    7% damage gain overall for a loss of 6% damage on crit, which means our reck burst will be slightly lower (with 4p should be around 6%) but our sustained is higher.
    yeah since it is only more crit damage maybe there is a point where the old meta gem is better than the new one. Although I must admit I am currently arms and I think the new meta gem is better for arms than it is for fury.

There is probably someone who is smarter than me and has the math and time to calculate what is best for what specc, but I do think Arms is going to keep the legendary meta for quite a while.

Deleted
    The Legendary Meta does between 5-6% of my dmg whats really nice.

Simcraft also is telling me a dps increase of ~ 3k dmg.

I LIKE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    yeah since it is only more crit damage maybe there is a point where the old meta gem is better than the new one. Although I must admit I am currently arms and I think the new meta gem is better for arms than it is for fury.

There is probably someone who is smarter than me and has the math and time to calculate what is best for what specc, but I do think Arms is going to keep the legendary meta for quite a while.
    Strength gains value slightly which buffs the meta and minimizes the loss of the reverb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKefka06 View Post
    Hmmm, so our old meta gem is still BiS for AOE fights, correct?
    It could be (with heavy emphasize on could) because the LMG doesn't (seem to?) proc off of AoE attacks such as WW and bladestorm (on a per-tick basis). At least that's what I noticed after brief testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    It could be (with heavy emphasize on could) because the LMG doesn't (seem to?) proc off of AoE attacks such as WW and bladestorm (on a per-tick basis). At least that's what I noticed after brief testing.
    I'm inclined to agree with you there, Soy's Meta did 3.5% damage on H:Lei Shen last night, and we are primarily AoE'ing w/ Bladestorm/WW in P2 & P3, with single target weaved in. I imagine it will be higher on a Single target fight.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

On my Heroic Tortos kill last night, my meta did 6.7% of my overall damage. No aoe just nuking boss and adds being kited by a brewmaster.

Which better: SMF or TG with a legendary meta gem?

Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    7% damage gain overall for a loss of 6% damage on crit, which means our reck burst will be slightly lower (with 4p should be around 6%) but our sustained is higher.
    Where does the 6% dmg increase on crits come from? With old meta your crits did 206% dmg vs 200% without meta (if I am correct about the way the crit bonuses are applied). Thats NOT 6% more dmg on crits.

Deleted
    You're correct suicuique.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suicuique View Post
    Where does the 6% dmg increase on crits come from? With old meta your crits did 206% dmg vs 200% without meta (if I am correct about the way the crit bonuses are applied). Thats NOT 6% more dmg on crits.
    Yeah my mistake I meant to say 6% less on crit multiplier and not damage ( I even wrote down down 3% when I was trying to work it out >.>) since crits doubled its actually half the value, so you are correct its only 3% effective loss. thanks for picking that up .