15+ Year Old Account

Malevolent -> Tyranical = PvP Power/ Resi loss?

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-644 = 2404 PvP Power + Resi

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-680 = 2131 PvP Power + Resi

Now, obviously the Tyranical gear provides more Int/Agi/Str/Stam, but at the loss of nearly 300 PvP Power and Resi. Is it just because of how they adjusted the Malevolent Season 13 gear or is this a running theme?
    Last edited by Ultima; 2013-04-11 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    Pretty sure it will be buffed to 498 in 5.3 no? If im not mistaken then it will balance the pvp power and resi out!?

15+ Year Old Account
    Then what's the point of Season 14 gear if 13 is buffed to the cap? Don't say WPvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Then what's the point of Season 14 gear if 13 is buffed to the cap? Don't say WPvP.
    They'll probably just move the cap up (and start doing this every pvp patch if this "experiment" is successful; I personally hope this thing bombs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    They'll probably just move the cap up (and start doing this every pvp patch if this "experiment" is successful; I personally hope this thing bombs)
    Obviously, they will increase cap, and adjust base resilience, possibly increase battle fatigue.

Male has more power/resi because they just wanted it to be competitive, but the massive stat boost from tyrannical is totally worth it. It's already better to gem Strength, Int, Agi for some classes instead of pvp power, so it's huge boost.

Deleted
    In this case the huge gain of stats should outweigh the relatively small los of PvP power and resillience.

Because you gain like 200+ Agi/Str/Int + Stam and 400 + secondary stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    Obviously, they will increase cap, and adjust base resilience, possibly increase battle fatigue.

Male has more power/resi because they just wanted it to be competitive, but the massive stat boost from tyrannical is totally worth it. It's already better to gem Strength, Int, Agi for some classes instead of pvp power, so it's huge boost.
    Wat? There is no reason to increase battle fatigue. The only reason it is being down now is because 100% PvP power for healers will make it a desirable stat and offset the reduction.

they reason honor male got more pvp power/res is because they lowered the ilvl of honor male. they they added alot more pvp power/res(budget free) and they did it because they didn't want pvp item to be a free ticket to lfr finder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Because you gain like 200+ Agi/Str/Int + Stam and 400 + secondary stats?
    You misread my post and the post I was responding to.

What about the Medallion?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=91683

http://www.wowhead.com/item=91330 On live right now you get 353 pvp resil and pvp power not 363 and you get 1120 crit not 1152.

So this 'upgrade' yields +164 crit and -45 PVP power and -45 PVP resil. Does not seem like an upgrade to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    What about the Medallion?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=91683

http://www.wowhead.com/item=91330 On live right now you get 353 pvp resil and pvp power not 363 and you get 1120 crit not 1152.

So this 'upgrade' yields +164 crit and -45 PVP power and -45 PVP resil. Does not seem like an upgrade to me.
    Stun trinket is the last item you replace anyway so nothing gamebreaking here. It also can depend on the class if the crit is better than the power/resil

You misread my post and the post I was responding to.
    Just noticed I quoted the wrong post. However it would be fairly obvious that each season the ilvl cap in PvP is increased. S14 will probably have a 522 cap.

Stun trinket may be last thing you replace but would you even replace it? I think 45 resil and 45 pvp > 160 crit

Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    Stun trinket may be last thing you replace but would you even replace it? I think 45 resil and 45 pvp > 160 crit
    As I said, It depends on the class. And since it is the last item you replace it is the last item you spend Conquest points on (since you get OS gear for honor after 27000 season earned) so it's not gamebreaking and doesn't give you an extra piece of gear or anything. The fact that you are willing to complain about it tells me nothing I say will satisfy you until Blizzard grant you free rating or something so I'll just stop trying to rationalize things for you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    As I said, It depends on the class. And since it is the last item you replace it is the last item you spend Conquest points on (since you get OS gear for honor after 27000 season earned) so it's not gamebreaking and doesn't give you an extra piece of gear or anything. The fact that you are willing to complain about it tells me nothing I say will satisfy you until Blizzard grant you free rating or something so I'll just stop trying to rationalize things for you here.
    For a hunter would you even replace the 476 Malev crit medallion with the Tyran Medallion? 164 crit gain 45 resil 45 pvp power loss. The fact it is the last item to be changed is irrelevant. Some of us may have all upgraded malev except for the medallion so it would be the first thing replaced, if it is an upgrade.