Poll: Will Lordaeron be restored?

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You have an awfull opinion about humans and their purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Of course, anything that isnt like your own race must be a monster and sub-human......

Don't be ridiculous. The Forsaken are empty, dead shells of what they used to be. They came into existence from suffering and hate, and it is all they have been dealing with ever since. Wherever they go, they try to destroy life, corrupt it, and make a mockery of it.

Sylvanas had her revenge on Arthas, the only good thing to do would be to leave the land alone and let the day stay dead. But no, they have to linger on and make everybody else's existence a misery. Since Sylvanas is originally a good person, I can only assume that the state of undeath twists the mind of her and her minions. In that sense, they have lost their individuality and freedom - and it would be a merciful thing to put them out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I don't care, as long as they are extinct everything will be fine.

Trust me. Smurfgoatdavyjones thingies will be gone far before the forsaken in the end all must die.

Deleted
    Of course, anything that isnt like your own race must be a monster and sub-human......
    More like anything that creates huge flesh brutes out of several corpses sewn together and anything that plagues the land with a horrific plague must be monster and sub-human.

Literally, the ONLY reason the Forsaken and Cenarion Circle haven't yet flipped a shit over the matter is because the Forsaken are Horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    It was their city when they were alive, and it's their city now when they're dead. Citizens of Lordaeron didn't go away, they turned into undead. Why would you want to take their city from them?

This, is all I can say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovart View Post
    This, is all I can say.
    Actually, Undercity is their city.
    They dont use the Lordaeron Part. They just left it there to rot.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Wherever they go, they try to destroy life, corrupt it, and make a mockery of it.
    From a perspective of a living being maybe
    But to the perspective of an undead thing its the complete opposite

To a Forsaken, they are not destroying life they are creating it, they are not corruptinhg things they are making it better
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    RABBLE RABBLE forsaken are evil, forsaken are mind controlled despite CDev saying they arent because i clearly know teh lore better than blizzard, we should kill them all because they are sad sad monsters according to me RABBLE RABBLE For Lordaeron For the Alliance
    simplified for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    People do remember this, and it has been refuted in this thread several times already.

The Forsaken are no longer Humans. They are monsters. The land belongs to the survivors of the Scourge, i.e. living people, who are now scattered across the Alliance territories.

Once the curse that is the Forsaken has lifted from the land, humanity can begin to rebuild what is rightfully theirs.
    Noone survived from lordaeron. At least if you don't suck at first undead mission of frozen throne. I simply love D&D those defensless peasants as kel'thuzad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    plagues the land with a horrific plague
    actually the forsaken have only plagued southshore and small parts of gilneas (Hillsbrad fields werent plagued or else they wouldnt have been able to house PoWs there to farm fungi)
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted

To a Forsaken, they are not destroying life they are creating it, they are not corruptinhg things they are making it better
    To a Nazi point of view the Jews are bad and must be exterminated too. Everything is about a point of view.
    Yep, I'm bringing the nazies into the discussions for a shock value. Blame-fcking-me.

Deleted

Now you're just trying to be smart. It is very evident from the game lore and quests that the Forsaken are evil. There is objective good and evil in WoW, and they represent evil. If they had it their way, all of Azeroth would be ashes. Then what? Do they resurrect rabbits and deer once everyone else are dead and their corpses have been turned into monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    simplified for everyone

GJ making yourself look daft.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Noone survived from lordaeron. At least if you don't suck at first undead mission of frozen throne. I simply love D&D those defensless peasants as kel'thuzad.

Yes they did. Thousands of refugees made it out of Lordaeron.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    actually the forsaken have only plagued southshore and small parts of gilneas (Hillsbrad fields werent plagued or else they wouldnt have been able to house PoWs there to farm fungi)
    As i remember every forsaken settlement has one or two plague-dispersing machines polluting the fresh air.

To a Nazi point of view the Jews are bad and must be exterminated too. Everything is about a point of view.
    Yep, I'm bringing the nazies into the discussions for a shock value. Blame-fcking-me.
    You know, thats the problem with Nazis, they killed jews, but couldnt bring them back as "supreme race".

Forsaken deviate from nazi comparision by doing just what I described.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think that analogy falls through because the nazis and jews were both alive (as opposed to undead jews or nazis) and would have had the same perspective if they were in WoW (perspective of a live human)

i cant really explain it any further

edit: wait i think i can explain better

undeath =/= being a nazi

---------- Post added 2013-04-14 at 04:19 AM ----------

GJ making yourself look daft.
    im daft for exposing your blatant fanboy-ism and bias?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You know, thats the problem with Nazis, they killed jews, but couldnt bring them back as "supreme race".

Forsaken deviate from nazi comparision by doing just what I described.
    I was trying to explain that in their point of view they did nothing wrong while in fact yes, they did. You took that out of context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once the curse that is the Forsaken has lifted from the land, humanity can begin to rebuild what is rightfully theirs.
    Again, the only rightful owners of a land in Warcraft are the ones that fight for it. Your "rightful" owners have been massacred, razed into undeath, planted at a sludgefield, and eradicated across the Northern half of the continent.

All that, that was just lorewise. Let's not forget the gameplay problems of moving a capital city and eradicating a playable race. Not going to happen. Get over the fact that it will be forsaken to the end of this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Here's a question, why would anyone even want to? Now, the CC would want to just for the sake of purifying the land, and the AC would do it just to finish off the last Scourge remnants. But why would any of the Stormwind Humans even want those areas anymore. With the short human lifespan, it would take many generations for the plagued areas to clear out enough to even be workable, and many years after that to even make them livable and productive. They just don't have the time to make any sort of effort, not with how many other issues are at hand, and with the Forsakens ability to just take any force they send, and add it to their own forces, creating even more guardians to keep those lands out of human hands.

In short, by the time the Humans can even take that first step to reclaiming Lordaeron, every original inhabitant would be long dead, and nobody would have reason to care
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As i remember every forsaken settlement has one or two plague-dispersing machines polluting the fresh air.
    Thats the whole point im sayin
    Forsaken are freaking undead corpses, they do not have the same likes and desires that living people do.

They look at a field of crops and see that as a waste and ugly. They look at a field of fungus and shrooms and they have a pillow fight.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 04:37 PM ----------

Then what? Do they resurrect rabbits and deer once everyone else are dead and their corpses have been turned into monsters?
    If all of Azeroth was under the Forsaken they wouldnt have a strong need to bolster their numbers, as know one would be killing them
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oppressionix805 View Post
    also she was BETRAYED by the alliance, when she asked for help they sent arthas and he killed her

atleast in her eyes she blames the alliance just as much as Arthas

also you cant cure death, once your forsaken theres no way of turning back
    Eh, what? The Alliance did not betray Sylvanas by sending Arthas to kill her and the High Elves. Arthas at that point had already betrayed his own kin and was marching with his Undead army to restore Kel'thuzad back to life by the orders of Ner'zhul, the Lich King.

---------- Post added 2013-04-13 at 05:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Um, the people of Theramore were Lordaeron citizens or at least from the northern parts of Eastern Kingdoms. People joining the Scarlet Crusade survived as well. Others also fled by ships to Stormwind during the 3rd war and there are NPCs in the game that came from villages and towns that existed in Lordaeron and elsewhere (Darrowshire, anyone?). Just a few examples at the top of my head that I can think of that disproves this.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-04-13 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    To begin with, I want to say that is obvious and evident that the lands of Lordaeron, whatever happens, will remain under control of the Forsaken, at least during the life cycle of World of Warcraft, strictly due to gameplay reasons.

Now however, the hope that the Alliance has in recovering the fallen kingdom is a basic pillar of the Alliance and as such should not ever dissipate. Lordaeron together with Dalaran were the basic core for the formation of the Alliance, and now that we have finally recovered Dalaran, the hope of recovering Lordaeron also is stronger than ever.

The concept of returning the Kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory can give much play in the course of the history of the Warcraft universe, because although it cannot actually materialize, is a focus of political and psychological tension between the Horde and the Alliance.

If we add the eventual triumphant appearance of the legitimate heir to the throne of Lordaeron, Queen Calia, this story is even more complicated, giving a lot of play for both the Horde and the Alliance...

The Menethil dynasty has not been broken, the Queen Calia will reign from the throne of the Capital City wearing the crown of her father, honoring his memory and that of all those who have suffered the ills caused by the madness of her brother. The Queen Calia will do anything to win the confidence of his people, now scattered around Azeroth, to get rid of the undead scum that plague their lands and convert back Lordaeron in the mythical kingdom that once was, the light of the Alliance, the pride of humanity.

When will Calia come out? What will be the reaction of the Queen by seeing Tirion Fordring inaction? Will the Argent Crusade dissolve in favor of the new order led by the Queen? Will continue the close relationship between Calia and Varian? Love will arise between them? Soon the answers to all these and many more questions...
    In line with this, and to supplement my previous comment, I would like to list a number of basic axioms to understand the point of view of the Alliance in general and of the humans in particular in relation to Lordaeron:

• The Kingdom of Lordaeron is much more than just a human kingdom: it represents the core of the first Alliance, the union of humans, elves, dwarves and gnomes against an evil unknown until then. Speaking of Lordaeron is speak of the pure spirit of the Alliance, in short, the cradle of humanity itself, that is why even today the symbol of the Alliance is the heraldry of the Kingdom of Lordaeron and even still you can hear in the field battle the battle cry: "for Lordaeron!". As a summary, we can say that Lordaeron is a symbol for all humans and for the entire Alliance and that its recapture and recovery is a goal that is present in every one of its members.

• The Kingdom of Stormwind, the current heart of the Alliance, has a moral debt concerning the Kingdom of Lordaeron. When the Kingdom of Stormwind fell in the First War, the Kingdom of Lordaeron took charge of helping its people and collaborated for its reconquest and reconstruction. Now, the Kingdom of Stormwind and the humanity in general have the moral obligation to do the same for the Kingdom of Lordaeron, since they could not prevent its fall in the Third War. This obligation is even of personal nature for the Alliance’s High King, Varian Wrynn, since he himself owes everything to the generosity of Terenas Menethil, even his own life.

• While it is true that almost all of the Sylvanas’ Forsaken were Lordaeron citizens in live, not all citizens of Lordaeron became undead. A large number of people originally from Lordaeron fled from their homes and lands to take refuge in different locations throughout Azeroth. Most of these exiles found refuge in the Kingdom of Stormwind, giving rise to a paradox: as they gave shelter to the Stormwind’s survivors of the First War, now they were the survivors who needed the help of Stormwind. These exiles have never forgotten their home, in fact every passing day they feel like strangers in a kingdom that is not theirs. Have no doubt that in their hearts they are still hoping to return to their beloved home someday.

• The belief in the Holy Light is common to almost all humans, being precisely the Kingdom of Lordaeron its main precursor and birthplace of the Order of the Silver Hand and the first paladins of the Alliance. According to this belief, the dead have only one place to be: their graves. Is mission of the defenders of the Holy Light eliminate all traces of undead and demons wherever they go, and therefore is especially hurtful to the Alliance that the lands of Lordaeron currently are infected by undead creatures. For humans in particular and for the Alliance in general the beings that currently dwell in the kingdom of Lordaeron are mere monsters, zombies that have nothing to do with what they were in their lives: they have no rights nor deserve nothing but to be returned to their graves, or incinerated for more safety.

• Although many are not aware of it or they choose simply ignore it, the legitimate heir of the Kingdom of Lordaeron exists and is nothing more and nothing less than the Queen Calia, Terenas Menethil daughter, last king of Lordaeron. Although she is currently unaccounted for, it is clear that her appearance would cause a series of unpredictable reactions, not only for the Alliance but also for the Forsaken and by extension for the Horde too. Be that as it, there are indications that she survived and is now hidden, undoubtedly preparing herself for when it arrives the opportunity to lead her people for get back what rightfully belongs to them, to return the Kingdom of Lordaeron to its former glory. Anyway I'm sure that she is no longer the smug princess she was before: now she will be eager to show her worth and honor her father and his ancestors. The time to fight back, her time, is coming.