Poll: Will Lordaeron be restored?

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I think there are a few people who need reminding Lordaeron is the nation, Capital City is the ruins of what Undercity now is.

With that in mind, its highly plausible without "hurting" the Horde, it can even lead to some truly good story telling. With Stratholme reclaimed that could always turn into an Alliance hub, Tyr's hand could be re-developed or Stromgarde too, maybe even Alterac. Or we could actually build something out of The Hinterlands base already present, or even reclaim Gilneas Many possibilities, but I can see a future for the Alliance to reclaim a Stronghold in Lordaeron, again, without hurting the horde and actually creating some story depth and continuation.

Calia Menethil, the heir to Lordaeron is still missing, so she could make a return.
    Last edited by mmoc12081dd3f6; 2013-09-10 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    *sigh* Do we really need a new thread similar to this one every single week ?

No, the Alliance will not retake Lordaeron, first because it belongs to the Forsaken, aka the people that lived there for decades, and were later risen to undeath, and then because of obvious gameplay balance issues.

I know that it's the birthplace of the Alliance as we know it, I know that Allies feel like Blizzard hate them, I recognize it would make an epic battle, but just think about it..

Ever since the Horde was given a little "advantage" on both continents during Cataclysm (...a few more bases, and a few territorial victories.. probably to build up your hatred towards Garrosh BTW), I keep hearing Allies whine and cry about how Blizzard favors Horde. But, remember : the Alliance ALREADY stormed Undercity during WOTLK (but they were teleported away by Jaina, blame the blonde bitch), the Alliance will begin its siege on Orgrimmar very soon..

Try spending less time whining aimlessly, asking for impossible and "illogical" victories, and realize how much the Alliance kicked ass until now, and how lucky "you guys" are (yes, my main is Horde) for besieging the Horde's capital. I sure would have loved to lay siege on Stormwind.

Let's hope you get my message without too many flaming

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    I know that it's the birthplace of the Alliance as we know it, I know that Allies feel like Blizzard hate them, I recognize it would make an epic battle, but just think about it..

Ever since the Horde was given a little "advantage" on both continents during Cataclysm (...a few more bases, and a few territorial victories.. probably to build up your hatred towards Garrosh BTW), I keep hearing Allies whine and cry about how Blizzard favors Horde. But, remember : the Alliance ALREADY stormed Undercity during WOTLK (but they were teleported away by Jaina, blame the blonde bitch), the Alliance will begin its siege on Orgrimmar very soon..
    Unlike you I don't get any satisfaction from "raiding" UC or Org. It's the same thing as getting a group for the Racial Leaders, there is no lasting effect, just an achievement, and other then that we gain nothing, and at the end of the day, it was a shared effort, Horde joined us, it isn't the same thing.

But i agree, Alliance need to stop whining and wait their turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    On Calia I'm going with the popular theory she escaped when her brother returned with Frostmourne and changed her last name to Hastings, eventually ending up in Theramore. Not sure of her whereabouts when Theramore was nuked though.

As for the Alliance getting Lordaeron back my answer is yes, eventually. Remember: Sylvanas said to Garrosh when she first revealed the Val'kyr to him without them the Forsaken would lose their hold on Lordaeron. The Wildcards no one seems to be talking about are the Ebon Blade and the Argent Crusade, both of which are nearby. I'm pretty sure they found out about the Val'Kyr after/during The Battle for Andorhal plus Sylvanas is holding Kolitra prisoner in The Undercity. Tirion (or whoever The Restored Ashbringer is passed on to) and Darion could take Sylvanas captive and kill her until all the Val'kyr are used up then kill her for good. The rest of the Forsaken would then be swept away by the Ebon Blade and the Argent Crusade., allowing the Cenarion Ciricle to move in and do their thing.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    He is consumed by rage, that is a hell of a lot more than just being angry.
    He just walked into a slaughterhouse and discovered what the Forsaken had been doing for five years while their faction leader talked peace. He probably has cause to be just a bit more than "ticked off".

And using hyperbole to rouse his troops doesn't make it any more true.
    It doesn't have to true to have an emotive pull. As it is, the Alliance does see Lordaeron as one of their kingdoms. It is the home and birthplace of the faction. and it is a Alliance goal to reclaim it.

"Then I hereby declare the founding of the Alliance of Lordaeron! We shall stand together as one, as our ancestors did long ago, in the Arathi Empire." The others nodded and Terenas continued. "And it is only fitting, then, that our commander should hail from that ancient ruling stock. We the kings of the Alliance do hereby appoint Lord Anduin Lothar, Champion of Stormwind, as our Supreme Commander!"
    --Tides of Darkness
    Who did the declaration? Where was it declared? Who was the major driving force behind its creation? Lothar led the armies...but he was appointed by who? Lordaeron was very much behind its creation of the Alliance. Lordaeron is the birthplace and spiritual home of the Alliance.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Who did the declaration?
    Terenas was the spokesperson by simple fact of being the host, so what? He wasn't the leader. They declared Lothar to be the leader.

And I did cut out a bit, but Terenas wasn't making a declaration. He was acknowledging the consensus. They had been arguing over who would lead them and what resources each kingdom would commit.

"And we have all agreed upon our course of action?" Each of the other monarchs nodded, which surprised and further worried Lothar. They had still been arguing when he had given up and returned to his rooms late last night. When had they reached an agreement, and what was it about? But the king‘s next words told him clearly, and Lothar‘s blood ran cold as he heard the announcement clearly: "Then I hereby declare the founding of the Alliance of Lordaeron! We shall stand together as one, as our ancestors did long ago, in the Arathi Empire." The others nodded and Terenas continued. "And it is only fitting, then, that our commander should hail from that ancient ruling stock. We the kings of the Alliance do hereby appoint Lord Anduin Lothar, Champion of Stormwind, as our Supreme Commander!"

Where was it declared?
    Lordaeron just happened to be where Lothar landed his ships.

Who was the major driving force behind its creation?
    Lothar's recount of the devastation wrought by the Horde with Khadgar to corroborate the story.

"We need to band together," Lothar insisted. "None of you alone can withstand them. But all of us together…might." The potency of the Orc's magic was backed up by Antonidas. All Terenas did was throw his support behind Lothar and what an asset he was, specifically citing Lothar's Arathi heritage: "For he is of the Arathi bloodline, indeed the last of their noble line, and thus has as much right to speak at this council as any of us!"

Suddenly Lothar was more than just a warrior or even a commander in their eyes. Now he was a potential ambassador to the elves. And if that ancient, magic-wielding race chose to ally with them, suddenly the Horde did not seem nearly as unstoppable.

Lothar led the armies...but he was appointed by who?
    "We the kings of the Alliance."

Lordaeron was very much behind its creation of the Alliance. Lordaeron is the birthplace and spiritual home of the Alliance.
    All Lordaeron contributed was a place to convene. The Alliance was brought together by of their history in Arathor and the lineage of Lothar.

- - - Updated - - -

He just walked into a slaughterhouse and discovered what the Forsaken had been doing for five years while their faction leader talked peace. He probably has cause to be just a bit more than "ticked off".
    Which overrode his judgement... He starts a tirade against the orcs for unrelated events to what they had witnessed in UC. Like seriously? What they had just witnessed in UC is way worse than anything Varian mentions about the orcs. But Varian goes on about the orcs instead of focusing on the horrors right in front of them. Varian mentions being thrown into the arenas FFS! Not even on the same scale as what Putress was doing.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-10 at 02:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait...what are we talking about again?
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Terenas was the spokesperson by simple fact of being the host, so what? He wasn't the leader. They declared Lothar to be the leader.
    Supreme Commander. A military position. Not quit the same. Terenas, however, was perhaps the single major driving force behind the creation of the Alliance. It was created and inspired by Lordaeranians, it was created in Lordaeran and its armies were initially populated by many Lordaeranians. It was at Capital City in Lordaeran that the tide turned in the fight against the Horde.

Lothar, as the first Supreme Commander of the Alliance forces, was important and immensely respected and capable. But he was still playing MacArthur to Terenas' Roosevelt. He led the armies, not he nations.

Is it really that important that you undermine the case that Lordaeran simply holds a special place in the heart of many humans? That the actions of its King and people during the second war helped forge a link between the peoples that still remains strong today?

Which overrode his judgement... He starts a tirade
    You see a tirade. I see him talking trash to Thrall in an attempt to rile him up and inspire his men. Angry? To be sure. Ranting and raving? No

against the orcs for unrelated events to what they had witnessed in UC. Like seriously? What they had just witnessed in UC is way worse than anything Varian mentions about the orcs. But Varian goes on about the orcs instead of focusing on the horrors right in front of them. Varian mentions being thrown into the arenas FFS! Not even on the same scale as what Putress was doing.
    You don't think the legalised slavery in Orgrimmar is something many humans find abhorrent...especially a former slave? You don't think Varian reminding Thrall of his hypocrisy in this matter might be a worthy verbal jab? From the Alliances point of view, the Horde has much to answer for after all, even without everything that went on in Undercity on Thralls watch. Why ignore it?

EJL

Lordaeron belongs to the forsakens, and we shall never let it be otherwise !

10+ Year Old Account
    Supreme Commander. A military position. Not quit the same. Terenas, however, was perhaps the single major driving force behind the creation of the Alliance. It was created and inspired by Lordaeranians, it was created in Lordaeran and its armies were initially populated by many Lordaeranians. It was at Capital City in Lordaeran that the tide turned in the fight against the Horde.

Lothar, as the first Supreme Commander of the Alliance forces, was important and immensely respected and capable. But he was still playing MacArthur to Terenas' Roosevelt. He led the armies, not he nations.

Is it really that important that you undermine the case that Lordaeran simply holds a special place in the heart of many humans? That the actions of its King and people during the second war helped forge a link between the peoples that still remains strong today?
    Ignore all the facts you want. I laid them out plainly. Go look at the novel yourself if you don't believe my quotations. All Terenas did was provide a place for them to meet. The Alliance formed because Lothar pushed the necessity of combining forces: "We need to band together," Lothar insisted. "None of you alone can withstand them. But all of us together…might."

Supreme Allied Commander is the leader of the Alliance... It was a military alliance for fighting the Horde. They weren't making a political alliance to unify their nations or bring rainbows and flowers to their people.

You see a tirade. I see him talking trash to Thrall in an attempt to rile him up and inspire his men. Angry? To be sure. Ranting and raving? No

You don't think the legalised slavery in Orgrimmar is something many humans find abhorrent...especially a former slave? You don't think Varian reminding Thrall of his hypocrisy in this matter might be a worthy verbal jab? From the Alliances point of view, the Horde has much to answer for after all, even without everything that went on in Undercity on Thralls watch. Why ignore it?
    One doesn't go into an ER crying about a paper cut when one has a gunshot wound.

The Horde put Varian in gladiator battles and was mean to him? Boo-fucking-hoo. If they aren't roused by the mutilated and tortured bodies littering the city or sewn into abominations, then a sob story about how Varian was mistreated isn't going to do anything. But clearly Varian thinks his own previous discomfort is more pressing an issue than the atrocities they witnessed in UC. Shows where his priorities are. But I'd rather think he just had a mental break than think he's that horrible of a person.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-09-11 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    What I mean is that Blizzard will make canonical the parts of the RPG books that interest them.

The reason why an amateur story has become official lore is simply due to the favoritism that Blizzard has for the Horde.

I myself could write a story about Calia as heroine of the Alliance, but it never would have success.
    Lor'themar's story was canonized cause it was awesome. It was morally complex, bleak and with realistic characterization, yet with a hint of hope.

Studying your posting hostory and persistent points of view, I think we can safely assume that you would make Calia into a hopeless Mary Sue, make the alliance undoubtedly good and the horde irredeemably evil and the plot would be perfunctory to your desire of a "restored" Lordaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think it is funny you all are arguing with someone who is clearly RPing or talking from an RP Character's perspective.

OT: I think they plan to bring Calia back as a forsaken. She will then take control of the forsaken because Sylvanas is clearly going crazy, as all horde leaders must, apparently.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card