PVE Trinkets in PvP [Solution]

As many people have pointed out pve trinkets are becoming better and better for pvp. Even with the ilvl reductions for pve trinket procs, they still dominate pvp. I know blizzard removed resilience from pvp gear to make it easier on pve players to get into pvp, but I think pvp trinkets need to have resilience to make them attractive. I propose changing pvp base resilience to 60% instead of 65% and adding 1000 resilience to pvp trinkets. This would keep total resilience about the same and make the trinkets better for pvp. While this could hurt some pve players, they can easily farm trinkets first and have the same amount of resilience in no time. Besides if you're getting into pvp and not human you need your cc trinket first anyways.

Another possible solution is putting a greater amount of pvp power on trinkets. This could be a problem as damage might get out of control and humans could be even stronger. For those reasons I prefer my first solution. If nothing is done better start raiding.

Deleted
    Another solution is to make Epic quality PvE trinket procs and on use effects simply not work in Battlegrounds and Arenas.

Passive stat benefits only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Another solution is to make Epic quality PvE trinket procs and on use effects simply not work in Battlegrounds and Arenas.

Passive stat benefits only.
    Yeah that. They are not taking resilience off gear just to put it back on.

For some reason PVE trinkets had to have a much longer ICD and a much larger attribute number because of that. So make the trinket proc not function, or match the PVP trinket proc.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    let's see, 1864 pvp power vs 1152 hit( around 400 goes to waste) which makes it 1864 vs 752, proc with 30 % extra agi with subtlety makes it 5288(45sec icd) vs 8980(105sec icd) both with duration of 20sec.

This means that this trinket is barely useful, and only for rogues. With approx. stat weights during burst it's 7150 vs 9600(that being weights in favour of pve) , that makes it 25% stronger during burst.

However pvp trinket having less that half of pve icd, the overall pressure from proc from pvp trinket is around 55% better.

Base stats from pvp trinket are 120% better. So if you survive intial proc with dance, you're in huge advantage. Generally it's not really good to do shadow blades in first proc, because you can counter it quite easily with all cd's, and after that it's very hard to line up all cds with 105 icd. So you can wait for 45 sec with your second dance, or stall 15 sec with your trinket proc and use it on third, neither of which are very good solutions, or just connect without dance on proc.

It might be fun to burst someone on proc, but I don't think best rogues will be using it.
    Last edited by mmoc84af5ad5d2; 2013-04-12 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    Still good for human rogues coupled with the pvp proc trinket. Still a HUGE agility boost. Granted not as insane as it used to be but still good.
    these two trinkets and marked for death talent can really put out some pressure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, or a far better solution: Set proc chance of PvE trinkets to 0% in PvP.
    Since they already have a reduced proc chance in PvP, it's only a matter of changing that number into a 0, nothing more then 2 minutes of work.