Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Every time I right about the Garrosh fight and what I would want in it, I always have speculated that during the fight, Garrosh will become overwhelmed by the Sha and morph into an avatar of Y'Shaarj, who i believe is the God of War.

Who? Where?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    If a simple goblin can become Y'Shaarj's Echo, then imagine what an Orc with the powers of a Titan who is possessed by the Sha would turn into.
    A Final Fantasy boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    What's your opinion on http://www.orcisharmyknife.com/2012/...-makes-no.html, being manipulated being the scenes by Magatha and Malkorok? I think it'd be a nice plot twist.
    I read that whole thing- and I have to agree! I've been wondering why the only orc leader I've liked so far started to become a d*ck and kill his own Horde!

Too much whining about Garrosh is probably what prompted this... That or the lack of creativity over yonder at Blizz HQ.

He'll die in 5.4's raid, so I hope they don't fudge that up like they did his character! *storming in her seat*

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Of all of those only KT and Kil'jaeden were end bosses. Both of these are somewhat corrupted by an external source if somewhat easily and willingly. To me the notion has gotten a bit long in the tooth, if you guys still like it then that's all well and good. At least one of us will be happy with what we get in 5.3.

Also to answer as to why Garrosh wouldn't need an enhancement to deal with a raid, well he's a fricking faction leader. In Cata the guy was punching dragons in the face. Be it Mekkatorque or Varian I think they should be able to challenge a raid.
    They were all end bosses. Just not always of the last instance of an expansion.

"Corruption" is a way to give a bad guy an interesting back story. Look at the counter examples - Ragnaros is evil just because. He has an utterly uninteresting backstory.

If you go back far enough all evil in the Warcraft universe stems from the corruption of Sargeras, so everything is "corrupted" by extension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Wouldn't it be both funny and creepy if we see Garrosh doing something under org that makes Sylvanas and her raising of undead in silverpine akin to patting bunnies.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the "horror" Garrosh was committing underneath Orgrimmar was necrophelia...with Sylvanas.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh is just batshit crazy. No old gods needed for that.

#FlightIsImportant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They were all end bosses. Just not always of the last instance of an expansion.

"Corruption" is a way to give a bad guy an interesting back story. Look at the counter examples - Ragnaros is evil just because. He has an utterly uninteresting backstory.

If you go back far enough all evil in the Warcraft universe stems from the corruption of Sargeras, so everything is "corrupted" by extension.
    I think they're different forms of corruption. One is personal corruption like Garrosh is and in other fictional experiences Darth Sidious, Lex Luthor, Lei Shen etc etc. They're all corrupt via personality not external force that changes their personality.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Tbh this feels like a massive cop out by what blizzard first promised us, but I guess thats expected given trying to think up a creative way to make Garrosh an intresting final boss would take to much time and effort.

They originally said when ths siege came and we fight Garrosh, he wouldn't be possessed by anything corrupting like old god or demons or the like. They appear to have back down from this and just gone with .. well, Old god stuff.

At least thats assumed, we don't know what he'll do yet.
    Gonna be honest, just fighting Garrosh because he's an asshole is far less interesting than bringing some Old God lore into it. He starts out being an asshole, which is why he gets consumed by his own assholeyness and succumbs to the power of Y'shaarj. (Who is far, far more powerful even in "death" than Garrosh could ever hope to be in life as a mortal.)

It's win/win. Those of us who want the final baddie of the expansion to be something MORE than just mortal Garrosh Hellscream get an Old God to fight, and those who want to believe that Garrosh was an asshole to begin with can still believe that, because that is still the truth.

If you seek out power by any and all means, and the power happens to be that of an old god, and you still willingly try to harness said power, can it really be called corruption? This is working out exactly how I hoped, Garrosh is going mad and getting drunk off of the desire to rule, and he's seeking out the means to do so all on his own. He'll never be able to play the "it wasn't me, it was x" card, he's seeking this power out and the consequences will be entirely on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I'm 100% convinced he's going to be under full control depending on what form he becomes. He's fucked up in the head as is. Neltharion, before the Old God corruption, was actually a good guy. Garrosh has descended into this path of malevolence on his own. It'd simply be feeding his selfish wants and needs, thus keeping him in full control.

He wants to be "possessed" and gain this power so that his, and I say it again, "Perfect Horde" can be established.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 10:28 PM ----------

This. 100% this, except I think Garrosh will willingly give in/seize control.
    Garrosh's Pride has consumed him.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    A Final Fantasy boss?
    Let's see:

Orcish Garrosh

Sha Possessed Garrosh

Old God Corrupted Garrosh

Y'Sharrj Garrosh

And of course a final form with arbitrary angel wings and ominous latin chanting.

where as dragonsoul had a bunch of generic pulled out of someones ass bosses.
    So does ToT for the most part and so did Ulduar...

Cataclysm DID have the classics like rag, ony and nef as well as major important lore figures like Cho'gall, Sinestra and Alaqir. And I'd say the build up for most of the Firelands raid bosses was pretty good and ensured that they weren't "nobodies".

Dragon Soul was certainly horribad though. That patch was 40% LFR, 20% transmogrification, 15% DS and 25% five mans. The five mans honestly had way more build up than the raid itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Well I guess they needed something for him that makes him a raid boss lore wise. Just because a badly fleshed out, semi-abondoned, non canon feature like city raids take a shit ton of people to kill a town boss, doesn't mean the same should be true in a more lore relevant pve scenario that usually ends up beeing canon these days.

I guess he will realize that he has lost once we knock on his door and will resort to his last option, which will be the powerfull artifact he's been looking for. All things considered it is more than I expected of blizzard. I thought they would pull the sha possesed crap out of their ass from the very beginning telling you he only did it because he was posessed all the time. This way at least I can take his head as a trophy i can put up above my chimney, even though I still doubt blizzard will give us the satisfaction of killing him, in the end it will be <insert fotm lore character> that will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    What's your opinion on http://www.orcisharmyknife.com/2012/...-makes-no.html, being manipulated being the scenes by Magatha and Malkorok? I think it'd be a nice plot twist.
    My first impression was exactly that Malkorok was manipulating Garrosh for the same reason that blog said: "Who is this guy who's suddenly 2nd in command?" "How is he so neigh invincible without backstory of conquest?" The blog has reasonable explanation for this: a black dragon in disguise... possible, but not probable. Mostly because if it were a Black Dragon wouldn't it make sense to use Garrosh to finish Wrathion? Thus he would no longer have to hide, but the Horde doesn't even give Wrathion a second glance.

If not a black dragon what is he? Surely not just some Blackrock Orc. Wrathion himself gave you the hint: This world is on a collision course, and the conflict your sides are engaging in is weakening us to the point where we won't be able to stand against it. If you are a lore enthusiast, then you would remember the Burning Legion's tactics for world conquests, and exactly what the purpose of a Dreadlord is.

And that's exactly what I think Malkorok is... a Dreadlord sent by the Burning Legion to sow chaos and disorder to make the conquest of Azeroth easier. Fits the M.O. perfectly, and wouldn't that be sweet irony; as much as Garrosh tried to distance himself from the Legion, his most trusted adviser was exactly that... an agent of the Legion.
    Last edited by Jaojin; 2013-04-12 at 06:02 AM.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if the "horror" Garrosh was committing underneath Orgrimmar was necrophelia...with Sylvanas.
    Oh fuck. Cannot unsee. Why did you write this?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    Let's see:

Orcish Garrosh

Sha Possessed Garrosh

Old God Corrupted Garrosh

Y'Sharrj Garrosh

And of course a final form with arbitrary angel wings and ominous latin chanting.
    And a dramatic scene of Garrosh killing Aeris.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Oh fuck. Cannot unsee. Why did you write this?!

And a dramatic scene of Garrosh killing Aeris.
    You mean Aggra. I'd cry with joy if Blizzard did this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh this feels like a massive cop out by what blizzard first promised us, but I guess thats expected given trying to think up a creative way to make Garrosh an intresting final boss would take to much time and effort.

They originally said when ths siege came and we fight Garrosh, he wouldn't be possessed by anything corrupting like old god or demons or the like. They appear to have back down from this and just gone with .. well, Old god stuff.

Players said that. Blizzard never said he won't be possessed. People who think it's "some cop out" really need to put feelings aside and think what is so original or fun about just having him be power hungry Garrosh just being himself. Something put him on this path. He was always stubborn and bull headed, but he was honorable. And in Stonetalon, we saw him starting to go down a different path. So it makes complete sense for something that was trying to take over would corrupt the leader of a faction to have them step it up in their warring. I welcome it. Saying the old gods are used too much or getting old is like saying the same about the Jedi in Star Wars. They're both a huge part of the story.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

The only cop out would be trying to sell the idea that a half-assed Warrior like Garrosh who lacks any kind of true martial skill could stand up to 10/25 of the world's best. He could barely stand up to Varian, one guy. Anything more than that and he'd be slaughtered in minutes. Besides, doing something stupid like willingly taking in Sha energy, drinking Old God blood, or roiding out on Mogu technology (or all three) is totally in character for him. This isn't some descent into madness and corruption, it's Garrosh acting of his own accord.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    The only cop out would be trying to sell the idea that a half-assed Warrior like Garrosh who lacks any kind of true martial skill could stand up to 10/25 of the world's best. He could barely stand up to Varian, one guy. Anything more than that and he'd be slaughtered in minutes. Besides, doing something stupid like willingly taking in Sha energy, drinking Old God blood, or roiding out on Mogu technology (or all three) is totally in character for him. This isn't some descent into madness and corruption, it's Garrosh acting of his own accord.
    Well, considering that Varian has infinite stamina cheat from that deity he doesn't know or care about (unlike night elves, but they are losers anyway), Garrosh wants to have some superpower as well, which is understandable.

to be fair in the little scenario and around the whole rebellion there is no trace of corruption be it demonic or sha or old gods, you fight normal orcs and some dire orcs; to me seems that garrosh has the support of the twilight hammer survived the cataclysm, enraged elemental, some fireland creatures, the dragonmaw with proto drakes and mercenaries gobs.
    Judging from what i see till now the orgrimmar raid will have a ton of reused model from the first and second tier of cata raids, i don't know but that scenario feel like a part of blackrock cavern/bastion of twilight
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.