Diablo style heirloom only stash for wow.

So this morning I got that idea and I doubt that I am the first one to come up with it but still here it goes:

Blizz have the technology for diablo stash and yes I understand it's in a different game. As I see it it works similar to wow personal bank or void storage but all chars on the same acc have access to it. And the char selectiong screen in wow and diablo 3 looks pretty similar to me so maybe the technology used in both games isn't that different after all. Blizz have the technology for specific bags in wow (mining bag, herbalism bag etc and normal bags). With that said they can simply add another variable to every heirloom item and weapon/trinket saying they are heirloom type /I am sure that's already done/ and add the same variable to the diablo style stash slots so only those specific items can go inside.

I see this working better than if they just fix the cross realm mailing problem because they can even go as far as making every plate caster dps heirloom share similar name efectivly making it a set /no bonuses ofc/ and adding some cosmetic options for our amusement. The equipment system manager is also already within the game.

That guy did some amazing work summing all up and I would like to express my gratitude to him:

psynister.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/guide-to-heirlooms-4-1

My idea of the working solution to our cross realm heirloom problem would looks something like this.

You go to a new house in one of the Capitals /both ally and horde ofc/ and you click on that new stash. /You pay to some npc to unlock the option ofc/ Then a confirmation window pops asking if you are sure you want to do it. When you click yes the money are gone and you have a shiny new achievement. Then you click on the stash and something similar to the equipment manager window opens but there are already predetermined 2 tabs there. 1 being heirlooms sets and the other heirloom weapons and trinkets. In the sets tab you will have already predetermined heirloom tiers similar to those in the website mentioned above. When you click one of them Rogue (All) for example a dressing room wow window opens and you see your char naked with option to add the predetermined set items to the empty slots or to withdraw some of them if you have already placed them there. /Something similar to the transmog window/. There should be also a second tab named Weapons and Trinkets allowing you to place one of each heirloom weapon and trinket in the predetermined slots.

Problem solved and a shiny new option added.

p.s. full list of the heirlooms according to wowhead

ptr.wowhead.com/items?filter=qu=7;sl=16:18:5:8:11:10:1:23:7:21:2:22:13:24:15:28:14:4:3:19:25:12:17:6:9;min le=1;maxle=1#0+8+1+13

In case you want to support the idea officially here's a link to blizz forums.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7256817616

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a joint stash system in wow would be a very effective way of sorting out the crossover issue.

My believe is, if you have so many alts, and items what can be transferred between them, why not allow for it. I feel nowdays the rule of 'you can't give this character this item because he's on another faction' is complete bs, since other games allow you to use such a system, it makes wow feel like its not even trying.

Simply have something like another ethereal give you the option of a joint stash, that all characters regardless of faction use, and across joint accounts too. In it we can put heirloom gear, bind to account items, and basicly anything we can transfer across via something like the goblin auctionhouse, so BOE items. Hey, if we can transfer items via a neutral AH then might as well cut out the pointless middle man and just let us have it.

I'm pretty sure that Blizzard have already thought up all of (if not most) of the possible ideas regarding this, as people have been asking for it for a long time. I would LOVE it if they did something like this, but quite frankly, if they were able to i'm almost certain that they would have done it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure "dead" realms is one of the main reason they dont have a cross realm boa system in the game. If you could just mail a full boa set to a new toon on a diff server cause the server you are on sucks, then it will be even deader than it already is. Blizzards alternative to this is if you really, really, really, want off with all your BoAs, pack them all onto a main char along with all your gold and crap, then give Blizz $25.

So between dead realms getting deader, and loss of profit.. dont expect to ever see cross realm BOAs.. unless they add it in as another paid service...!
    Last edited by Septik; 2013-04-12 at 12:50 PM.