Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexlava View Post
    not sure Leap of Faith works on the person who gets stunned by drain life ,..we had a few same wipes which caused by this ..our priest didnt get a chance to test it
    anyone can confirm ?
    It Works, you can even save somebody who got knocked back and still within your range before he touches the wall (eg if he is in the air WoW engine registers him on the last spon he met ground)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    It Works, you can even save somebody who got knocked back and still within your range before he touches the wall (eg if he is in the air WoW engine registers him on the last spon he met ground)
    Can confirm this works but you must be in range of where they got punted from AND where they are in the air for the grip to work.

As for healing in the Maze phase I'm not sure what to recommend as I only heal on a Druid (ToL + rolling LB + WG = no one dies). Shaman could probably drop Healing Rain in the melee as they'll be in it longer compared to range.

Deleted
    Best designed boss this expansion so far...people actually have to do something. Tbh next to Durumu every boss has been a dissapointment after Tortos.

Note: I've only done normal so far.

Deleted
    The beam is intended to slowly creep up on you, just don't jump the gun and jump into every eye sore ever. The maze phase even ends earlier after the hotfixes, all you need to do is wait a bit longer for eye sores to despawn

Worse design ever? Did you start playing in Mists?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shomari View Post
    Thinking it might be worth trying to 2 heal it perhaps seeing as our shaman is low on the heal side atm anyway?
    Definitely a 2 heal fight imo. The fight requires extremely minimal healing outside of the Light Spectrum phase. And the more DPS you have the faster Light Spectrum phase ends and the less healing you need to do during it. Also with 2 paladins you can easily 1 tank the fight and just use your 4 BoPs to remove stacks.

The only question is whether or not your healers can handle Light Spectrum phase with all its raid damage even if one of them is targeted by the red beam. That's basically the time to use raid CDs, including off-spec ones like Boomkin Tranq or Ele Shaman Healing Tide.

Maze can be shitty to learn, and the new changes almost make it harder (at the end for sure it does).

But this boss design wise is pretty kick ass, probably the best in the tier on normal, even if it can be frustrating at times.

Ha - I say ha because after nearly downing Durumu for the first time on Tuesday, we downed it last night after 5-7 attempts. That's not the "ha" though. We then went on to eventually beat Primordius - I'm still not sure what we did right to beat it suddenly, but as long as the raid leader knows that's fine.

Then we got to the Enema boss. That's what I call it. It's really "Animus" or "Dark Animus" but to me it's name will be forever enema. You think you hate Durumu? Just wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Then we got to the Enema boss. That's what I call it. It's really "Animus" or "Dark Animus" but to me it's name will be forever enema. You think you hate Durumu? Just wait.
    Are you kidding? Dark Animus is a hundred times easier than Durumu. Its probably one of the easiest bosses in the entire instance on normal mode.

If you're struggling on it then you're not using a proper strat and likely the raid leader hasn't done a good enough job giving you your assignment and explaining what you need to do. If you use a good strat and you know what's expected of you the actual execution is incredibly easy. The only part that's even remotely difficult is surviving the AoEs at the end.

Trust me if you're struggling on that at all you just need a better strat, or a little more clarity on what's going on. When you understand how things are suppose to work (which is done before the fight even starts) the actual fight itself is cake.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Animus is pretty simple. It pretty much falls over once you figure out the fight.

Durumu is complete faceroll, virtually no berserk, not much healing pressure, etc,
    It does require coordination though.

Anyway, maze in melee range often doesn't spawn until the dis beam is right next to you(I think it was nerfed though). So you if you can't see maze, just stand there till it spawns(it never doesn't spawn)

Deleted
    I don't understand why people hate this boss, I like it. Its different, but its also not hard, purple stuff spawns, don't stand in purple. Its a rather simple concept

10+ Year Old Account
    Durumu is my favorite encounter in ToT! Worst boss!?

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Durumu is complete faceroll... It does require coordination though.
    These are two conflicting notions.

Just saying here... Durumu is an actual joke now. We had 5 pulls before the graphics nerf and never got through the 2nd light spectrum. We 3 shot it last night. One wipe was because we tried one tanking... other because our boomkin had never seen force of will and went flying because "tauren hitboxes" (lol).

This is really a great boss in all honesty... just the overwhelming graphics made it 20x harder than they intended. That said, it's a little TOO faceroll easy now. We had more issues on Primordius.

Deleted
    Durumu is the best boss in the instance, people had troubles staying alive during the maze phase (atleast before the nerf), icewalls take high aoe dps and the boss itself takes high dps to get down before enrage. High healing, dps and individual skill requirement, it doesnt get any better than that. The only boss who comes even close is Dark Animus but the boss mechanics in that fight is a bit too simple. Of course im talking about heroics because all fights are complete jokes on normal mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Durumu is the best boss in the instance, people had troubles staying alive during the maze phase (atleast before the nerf), icewalls take high aoe dps and the boss itself takes high dps to get down before enrage. High healing, dps and individual skill requirement, it doesnt get any better than that. The only boss who comes even close is Dark Animus but the boss mechanics in that fight is a bit too simple. Of course im talking about heroics because all fights are complete jokes on normal mode.
    Look at how awesome you are! Seriously, did you come in here to help or just crow about how amazing you are?

Second favorite boss of the tier, it punishes people for their own mistakes, which is good. Every aspect of the fight is good except for when the maze shows an open spot on my screen, but still take damage, luckily that only happened the first/second week.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayaar View Post
    I don't understand why people hate this boss, I like it. Its different, but its also not hard, purple stuff spawns, don't stand in purple. Its a rather simple concept
    I personally think it's because the fight punishes people for their own mistakes, which I think is good. And apparently, somehow, the maze and the floor of his platform are the same color, how? no idea. They're three completely different colors! lol.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2013-04-13 at 06:56 AM.

i wish the maze actually worked properly more that half the time. so many times a path opens up but the graphic effect remains on the ground making it much harder to see.

For the Life Drain during Force of Will thing that many people complained about: you can jump through the ray and get the Life Drain from the other person. This lets you keep your jumping momentum and get out of Force of Will while freeing the other person.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Look at how awesome you are! Seriously, did you come in here to help or just crow about how amazing you are?
    No I was just saying that the heroic encounter is really amazing, im not the first person to say that the normal mode version is a complete joke. What makes this fight so amazing on heroic is that you need good dps to take down the walls and you need good dps to kill the boss in time and you need good healing to keep people alive. Add the individual skill required for the maze/red beam and you have a really great encounter.