Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Adam Orth leaves Microsoft

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/in...tics-1C9309284

Not surprised he quit before he got fired, for all the dumb shit he said he certainly deserved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That didn't take very long. I find it quite amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account

YUB NUB!
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah social media, holding people accountable for the things they say without thinking.

i guess you could say his job is nolonger.... *puts on sunglasses* ALWAYS ON @_@ YEAH!!!!!!!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

good riddance. Retards like him don't need to stir up the internets.

10+ Year Old Account
    People in those kind of job positions should not use social media, i know what he said was stupid and he just kept digging himself a hole but still its so easy to say something stupid online, it just doesnt seem worth it to me, if you cant give you own opinion why have an account in the first place. It wouldnt surprise me if within 10 years or so we get laws making it illegal to fire people based on things they say on personal social media accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Ah social media, holding people accountable for the things they say without thinking.
    You know, I get called a hipster who just hates popular things when I say facebook / twitter are evil, but this right here is why I don't use them. I would get myself in trouble.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

that REALLY didnt take too long

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    People in those kind of job positions should not use social media, i know what he said was stupid and he just kept digging himself a hole but still its so easy to say something stupid online, it just doesnt seem worth it to me, if you cant give you own opinion why have an account in the first place. It wouldnt surprise me if within 10 years or so we get laws making it illegal to fire people based on things they say on personal social media accounts.
    My uncle lost his job for calling his boss an ass on facebook, and no hes wasn't stupid enough to be friends with his boss, it still got back to him anyway. Its actually a huge phenomenon now, people losing their jobs because of shit they say on social media.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    My uncle lost his job for calling his boss an ass on facebook, and no hes wasn't stupid enough to be friends with his boss, it still got back to him anyway. Its actually a huge phenomenon now, people losing their jobs because of shit they say on social media.
    and thats why you pretend to be a fictional character instead of yourself. like to see his boss fire him for something kermit the frog said!!!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and thats why you pretend to be a fictional character instead of yourself. like to see his boss fire him for something kermit the frog said!!!
    Nah see the real masters of social media are those who use their real identities... but actually have a filter.

To be on topic though, eerrgh that guy's twitter posts are making my skin crawl. I was kind of shrugging off the "always on" topic but to see a senior level Microsoft employee defend it so... I've lost a bit of confidence about the next-gen Xbox, to say the least... and I hate that. : /

Rofl, well you get what you deserve!

Now Microsoft can get back to the new Kinect and always online console.
    Hi Sephurik

That's why you think for a split second and don't talk shit about your employer in a public setting. It's not a huge phenomenon, it's people being dumb and getting called on it.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

The guy was kind of an idiot for not knowing the backlash even a few jokes would get him. Especially in the video game industry. What a moron, honestly; I feel sad that he lost his job, but he really should have known better.

I make short jokes on Twitter (real jokes, not attacks on stuff) and short comments, but I never offend anyone or do anything that might be really offensive. And I'm nobody. I really don't understand how he would not be more cautious.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

rofl, ive said far worse to my boss's face. what can i say, im really fucking good at what i do
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    rofl, ive said far worse to my boss's face. what can i say, im really fucking good at what i do
    or your boss is just really desperate

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    or your boss is just really desperate
    honestly both. and also when he sobers up he realizes i was right, even if he cant bring himself to admit it out loud
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

15+ Year Old Account
    It'll be funny if console comes out with always-on. That would be like Microsoft saying "hey guise, we're sowry our employee told you to deal with it, but DEAL WITH IT SUCKAS!"

I'm actually sorry for the guy. Probably got riled up by some internet trolls, said some stupid things, then lost his job for it. Sucks for him.

You know, I get called a hipster who just hates popular things when I say facebook / twitter are evil, but this right here is why I don't use them. I would get myself in trouble.
    Indeed. Employers nowadays look at facebook and other social media on their prospective employees as well. So be careful on what you put out there, it might very well just bite you in the ass.