Resto Shaman Resurgence question

So I'm trying to maximize my heals by trying a few different builds (have been doing full spirit, with sub par output).

I am now trying full crit, and after re-reading the Resurgence description I have a question:

Does resurgence proc from every tick of Riptide? or just the initial cast?

If anyone knows for sure, I'd appreciate an answer. Thanks.

Only the Initial cast, even with the glyph.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Damn, 5 minutes too late.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

If you cast chain heal and all 4 bounces crit then on all 4 of them resurgence will proc, anything else is just the initial cast

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    oh..well....thats kinda disappointing. In your guys' opinion, how is a full crit setup for 25m healing?
    I'll link my armory, cuz i'm sure you'll ask

Well..wouldnt let me post a link cuz I havent posted enough, but my toons name is Dalthiann, play on Kil-jaeden US. guilds name is virtus nex. if you search Dalthiann theres only 4 toons. I'm the only lvl 90..and shaman...

I just started playing my shaman as my main this tier, so I am still getting the hang of all the ins and outs of all of our procs, and getting them to their full affect, in the best way possible. (if that made any sense)

From a straight throughput perspective, Crit beats Mastery almost always in 25 man. The only issue that you have to consider is that the extra healing that you get from mastery gives you higher quality output that is more meaningful because you get it when it is most needed. You have to weigh that against the extra regen from Resurgence.

You have to take in consideration your fellow healers, in 25m, with 6 healers, you should focus spirit so your mana tide helps everyone a little more.

Thats what I was doing. but with our healing setup being 2 rshammys, 2 priests, hpally, rdruid. as well as having 2 boomkins (dat boomy innervate) and 1 spriest. We have enough mana cd's that me losing out on 4k spirit isnt huge for our healers.

I tried it out last night and it worked wonderfully. The 'raid' wasn't having mana issues at all (except 1 of our dpriests who always does) and my throughput almost doubled. right now im sitting at (raid buffed w/ spirit flask)

10.7k spirit
    27% crit
    48% mastery
    3764 haste cap.

Compared to last weeks attempts on durumu (doing 45k-50k) to this weeks attempts (and down) doing 65k-75k. I think that really helped our raid more than my extra 8k spirit every 3mins, considering we have another one, and other big mana cd's throughout the raid.

All in all, for my specific comp, I think it was a good choice indeed.

(The other rshammy is going FULL spirit btw)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosleepbaby View Post
    Thats what I was doing. but with our healing setup being 2 rshammys, 2 priests, hpally, rdruid. as well as having 2 boomkins (dat boomy innervate) and 1 spriest. We have enough mana cd's that me losing out on 4k spirit isnt huge for our healers.

I tried it out last night and it worked wonderfully. The 'raid' wasn't having mana issues at all (except 1 of our dpriests who always does) and my throughput almost doubled. right now im sitting at (raid buffed w/ spirit flask)

10.7k spirit
    27% crit
    48% mastery
    3764 haste cap.

Compared to last weeks attempts on durumu (doing 45k-50k) to this weeks attempts (and down) doing 65k-75k. I think that really helped our raid more than my extra 8k spirit every 3mins, considering we have another one, and other big mana cd's throughout the raid.

All in all, for my specific comp, I think it was a good choice indeed.

(The other rshammy is going FULL spirit btw)
    It is not possible for moving 5k spirit to other secondary stats to increase your healing by 50-75%. This is not what you are seeing. Your healing increased that much for vastly different reasons.

If you aren't going max spirit to give the other healers mana there is no reason to flask spirit over intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    If you aren't going max spirit to give the other healers mana there is no reason to flask spirit over intellect.
    You're right, I'll be switching to an int flask. It made more sense in my head at 12:30 last night. but it doesnt now. ha

15k increase. from 50k-75k (top end) thats not a 50% increase? If my math is wrong please let me know.

I'm sure that reforging wasn't the only reason, I went from 14k spirit buffed, to 10.7k. I got rid of quite a bit of mastery, and put everything into crit (short of my haste cap) and I personally was doing much much better on mana than I have in the past.

I do think the stat priority plays a big roll in it. Not so much the output from the extra crit, but the combination of the extra crit, and not ooming 75% of the way through the fight. I realize most shamans dont oom so quickly, but there are 4 good healers, and then a few we have to carry on a weekly basis. So I do go through quite a bit more mana just spam healing people that are about to die.

But back to the main point. I moved 5k spirit, and it did increase my healing by 15k-25k (i'll admit the 45k was an exageration. usually sit around 49k-52k on durumu with full spirit build).

Not saying that the reason was SOLELY because of the extra 5k crit. but because of the combination of the mana regen, with the crit.

EDIT: forgot to include, for some reason it felt better healing with the extra crit. I know its a 100% mental thing seeing as there is no difference in 'rotation' if you will. But in my mind. knowing I'd be doing more crits, causing everything to proc made it flow a little better.
    Last edited by Gosleepbaby; 2013-04-12 at 08:17 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    50k to 75k is a 50% increase. Your own words were "almost doubled". The more you say the more it shows you have no demonstrable difference from before to now based on the gearing change. I'm not arguing that dropping spirit for crit/haste/mastery does not increase output when you had no need for that mana. I am saying you are vastly overestimating the difference it made.

Ya, i'm retarded my math was wrong. my b -.-

Like I said in my edit (think you might have posted before I edited) I'm pretty sure it is all just a mental game. But the meters dont lie. If i could post links I would post links of our last week attempts on durumu of me topping at a absolute max of 55k. and this week of me topping at 80k. I'm sure its not all in the reforging, after reading what you're saying, you're right it doesn't make sense that only a few thousand secondary stats increased my healing that much, maybe I was just on my game.

But I do feel that for 25m, with our current healer setup, the crit build helped quite a bit. Not as much as its showing, like you said it was probably some other things adding up, but it definitely felt good seeing 75k, even 80k on some attempts. (80k attempts we didnt get too far, and I had used most, if not all of my cd's).

I'll go check logs a few times to see if I did something fundamentaly different, which im sure I did, but just to see what I did do differently, and to keep doing that.

Thank you for making me realize it wasnt so much the secondary stats, but more a fundamental healing....thing. I'm gonna try to make sure I figure it out, and keep doing whatever it is.