Thread: Warframe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Aye just a personal opinion, its a well polished game, I just think Ive paid less for more, god mode was $10 was terrible, so maybe $15 :P. Its not that its not to my liking, I really am in a weird place with games though and motivating myself to play anything has been near impossible recently.
    It is a wonderful game being that it is F2P. If you work hard at grinding out maps for stuff you can craft great shit that feels awesome when you final get to use it. The variations in play styles and classes are nice too.

I jump back in every now and then but I have a sort of gamer ADD. I can play a game (especially one with no set ending) but after a while something newer and shinier shows up and I spend some days, weeks, or months enjoying it.

Warframe, in and at its core, is enjoyable for what it is and shouldn't be missed by anyone who likes that style/genre of gaming. I got at least 60 dollars of enjoyment of a game I paid only an internet bill for.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I've been playing with it for a few days now. Its not bad at all, but like other F2P+MT games? It can feel very grindy if you are not willing to spend cash on it. Which I'm not.
    It's not a F2P issue so much as it's a lobby based game issue.
    Almost all of them tend to have ridiculous grinds where you run the same missions or level over and over.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ran Saturn again last night and had no problems at all. Guess I just had some bad randoms the first time.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    This game deserves more love. Just started to play and it's really fun. A lot of action going on and a lot of possibilities with mods. I like it very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will get a lot of love when its a PS4 game :P

10+ Year Old Account
    havnt played it since nova was new

I love Warframe but I quit because you couldn't buy actual weapon slots/warframes slots without spending real money to buy their in-game credit. Everything else is grindable.

Is that still true?

The annoying part is if you sell a weapon to free up a slot, you have to re-grind it to 30 when you buy it, the experience is tied to a specific weapon and not the weapon type. So if you're working within the framework of the 8 weapon slots, you have to basically pick the 3 primaries, 3 secondaries, and 2 melee you want to stick with very early, and that's that. Not to mention the two warframes (I personally went Excalibur/Banshee).

Has that changed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I love Warframe but I quit because you couldn't buy actual weapon slots/warframes slots without spending real money to buy their in-game credit. Everything else is grindable.

Is that still true?

The annoying part is if you sell a weapon to free up a slot, you have to re-grind it to 30 when you buy it, the experience is tied to a specific weapon and not the weapon type. So if you're working within the framework of the 8 weapon slots, you have to basically pick the 3 primaries, 3 secondaries, and 2 melee you want to stick with very early, and that's that. Not to mention the two warframes (I personally went Excalibur/Banshee).

Has that changed?
    no and they wont as it keeps people playing it and forces those desperate enough to spend rl money

You can buy blueprints for almost any weapon with credits in the market, the rest of the blueprints can be found in alerts.

Buying more slots still cost platinum though.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Sorry to bump this, but are people still playing this?

Any word if the platinum pay wall for frame/weapons slots is still alive and kicking? Thinking of downloading it again to my new PC and picking it back up.

This is a great game I have 200+ hours into it. As for plat being needed to gain more slots for weapons/warframes yes that still is around however they have introduced trading
    which allows you to trade mods/void keys to other players for plat.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Sorry to bump this, but are people still playing this?

Any word if the platinum pay wall for frame/weapons slots is still alive and kicking? Thinking of downloading it again to my new PC and picking it back up.
    Slots still cost platinum, and I still play it regularly.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Always seems a popular game on my steam friends list. I havent played for a while but no doubt will return at some point.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I played it a bit, i think its fun and lot better than ME3's multiplayer by far. However, i feel like theres nothing explained in the game. I had no idea what a shadow clan is (or the other two and whats the difference between them), what is a 'class Chasis' and for what can i use it? What is the lore, whats going on actually? Whats difference between weapons, specially before buying them, you cannot compare the two on the same screen? What damage type do bonus against what? Difference between slach and eletricity, and why does slash sometimes pop, why sometimes it dosen't?

Also, the gameplay is, while fun, really tedious. Specially at invasion events, when you have to do the same frickin map 3 times in a row to get a material. When high livel players join in, they literally oneshot everything, and you are actually playing a parkour game while trying to follow them. You cannot have a sentinel without paying money. There isn't any list in game about what items can you craft, so you could look them up and try to buy it. You have to relearn the weapons when you switch them lvl wise. Only few enemy types. Maps are the same with parts bit differently placed together. Melee attacks are week, even with 9-10 fusion modes in them, overall the entire melee gameplay is lacking

The boss fights are really fun, i have to give that. The combat is fresh and really really fast, teamwork is heavily promoted.

Decent game to kill time with, but i do not see myself playing it for very long (actually, i already play Planetside 2 rather than Warframe, when it comes to shooters)
    Last edited by Darksoldierr; 2014-01-17 at 12:00 PM.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I played it a bit, i think its fun and lot better than ME3's multiplayer by far. However, i feel like theres nothing explained in the game. I had no idea what a shadow clan is (or the other two and whats the difference between them), what is a 'class Chasis' and for what can i use it? What is the lore, whats going on actually? Whats difference between weapons, specially before buying them, you cannot compare the two on the same screen? What damage type do bonus against what? Difference between slach and eletricity, and why does slash sometimes pop, why sometimes it dosen't?

Also, the gameplay is, while fun, really tedious. Specially at invasion events, when you have to do the same frickin map 3 times in a row to get a material. When high livel players join in, they literally oneshot everything, and you are actually playing a parkour game while trying to follow them. You cannot have a sentinel without paying money. There isn't any list in game about what items can you craft, so you could look them up and try to buy it. You have to relearn the weapons when you switch them lvl wise. Only few enemy types. Maps are the same with parts bit differently placed together. Melee attacks are week, even with 9-10 fusion modes in them, overall the entire melee gameplay is lacking

The boss fights are really fun, i have to give that. The combat is fresh and really really fast, teamwork is heavily promoted.

Decent game to kill time with, but i do not see myself playing it for very long (actually, i already play Planetside 2 rather than Warframe, when it comes to shooters)
    Never bring a nova, if you want to kill something. That frame is a slight bit OP.
    I think the game is really fun. Invasion is good when it's three of the, it used to be 5 =) They are usually really fast and also reward pretty much credits per run. The five run ones usually takes a while to be completed, had to wait a month for a reward once. Except when it's a potato or forma as reward, then they end fast =)

Ordinary missions are a bit dull, they are just maps you new to get through to unlock alert missions and new defense/survival/bosses, because they are the three maps that are fun. And also pretty much the endgame.

I don't like the mastery system that forces you to level new frames and weapons in order to progress. You can't really settle for weapons you like and frames you like. But you need mastery to unlock all weapons. They will also continue to add things to mastery.

Melee weapons are good, you need to check what ability to use to get extra damage, for example swords got extra charge damage, you might use that mainly.

Damage is changing all the time it seems, hard to keep up. Going to forums/wiki/youtube for info is best, always people that got time to analyze things =)

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is definitely a good game, fresh experience. The first time i played it, i played 7 hours straight on sunday. But, it gets kinda boring after a while.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

'Class name' chassis is one of the three parts needed to build that class(warframe). E.g. if you want to build the Rhino you first need to get the blueprints for the three parts, which can be found usually as drops from bosses (Steam has some guides for it, check those for sure). The blueprint you then need is for Rhino Helmet, Rhino Chassis & Rhino Systems. You then craft these parts for materials found in-game (again, check the Steam guides on drops to see where to farm). When you've completed all the parts you can finally craft the Warframe itself (which requires a blueprint bought from the store for credits).

The lore seems to be a WIP, but there is some potential interesting lore-bits. Warframe is loosely based on one of their previous games lore, Dark Sector, which you could try out if you want.

For the damage comparision, check out http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0 (which is also a great wiki otherwise to get information about any questions).
    Slash is generally good against flesh, impact for shield and puncture for armor. Then there's the elemental mods, which can be combined to create new effects, read the wiki page I linked for more information on that.

It is definitely a good game, fresh experience. The first time i played it, i played 7 hours straight on sunday. But, it gets kinda boring after a while.
    Lobby based MMOs suffer from the repetition.

It's why I burnt out on vindictus around level 50ish. Doing the same set of instances for 3% of a level over and over is just too painful despite it having the best hack and slash in the MMO genre. (I could say the same thing about warframe and it's shooter / movement mechanics.)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    I just recently re-fired this game up, and forgot how much of both fun and annoyance I had with it. The solo missions are almost impossible to progress without just continually grinding older missions (and where's the fun in that?). I really enjoy the gameplay, the graphics are stunning. But I feel like this game really punishes you for playing Solo, but the one or two times in the past I tried playing with others, it just wasn't fun - they were complete elitist assholes, even in the starter missions.

I also feel a bit overwhelmed as far as the gear and mods go. There's just so much stuff to pay attention to! What's good, what's optimal, what's terrible, what mods to combine for best effect, which ones to equip per warframe, ugh. And then there's the fact that they practically throw their platinum sales in your face at every chance they get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I just recently re-fired this game up, and forgot how much of both fun and annoyance I had with it. The solo missions are almost impossible to progress without just continually grinding older missions (and where's the fun in that?). I really enjoy the gameplay, the graphics are stunning. But I feel like this game really punishes you for playing Solo, but the one or two times in the past I tried playing with others, it just wasn't fun - they were complete elitist assholes, even in the starter missions.

I also feel a bit overwhelmed as far as the gear and mods go. There's just so much stuff to pay attention to! What's good, what's optimal, what's terrible, what mods to combine for best effect, which ones to equip per warframe, ugh. And then there's the fact that they practically throw their platinum sales in your face at every chance they get.
    Ehh.. You seriously play the game solo :? It's not meant to be played solo mostly, so I don't see how you can blame a game for having a bad solo experience, when the game doesn't actually want you to be able to solo everything. Haven't fired it up in a while now though.

And about the sales...wouldn't you? No one is forcing you to buy anything.