Thread: Low Poison Dmg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    I'd assume we're at the point of "throwing out crap" because nothing easily lifted from the logs seems to be indicating there should be this discrepancy. That leaves:

1) not facing the boss for minute periods of time at a time throughout the fight
    2) a /stopattack macro being used by accident that gets turned on and off throughout the fight
    3) a bug that's only affecting some people or
    4) something radically different that hasn't been mentioned.
    Ok maybe, maybe the stop attack was a legitimate suggestion. If you look at the log though, there is no significant chunks of downtime or his instantaneous dps would drop far lower than it ever did. If he had put any effort into looking at the section with lust, he would have seen there was no real downtime during that either. The OP had 20 trinket procs so that idea is rather silly as well. It looks like the OP is just losing single hits somewhere.

Nothing may be easily lifted out of the logs, you're right. That doesn't mean you can't easily tell a dumb suggestion is dumb by looking at them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you pooling energy before envenom? You need to pool energy so that when you envenom, you can mutilate once or twice for extra poison ticks. That's probably why the other rogue's poison damage is higher than yours.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    Are you pooling energy before envenom? You need to pool energy so that when you envenom, you can mutilate once or twice for extra poison ticks. That's probably why the other rogue's poison damage is higher than yours.
    Wouldnt change the number of melee hits...

First would like to thank all of you for the discussion going back and forth. I do appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    I'd assume we're at the point of "throwing out crap" because nothing easily lifted from the logs seems to be indicating there should be this discrepancy. That leaves:

1) not facing the boss for minute periods of time at a time throughout the fight
    2) a /stopattack macro being used by accident that gets turned on and off throughout the fight
    3) a bug that's only affecting some people or
    4) something radically different that hasn't been mentioned.
    1. There are moments where I am turning so obviously losing melee swings, It also appears when I am running I'm losing hits while still being able to mutilate and such. Though it also feels like my melee swings are slow but kinda hard to know when you're the only rogue in raid.
    2. I'm thinking I will delete all my macros and rewrite them just to be sure. But I have triple checked them for errors.
    3. Possible, I know worgen models were having trouble in cata where they would stop auto attacking.
    4. Right now my prime culprit I believe is latency. Anytime I am in a raid in ToT I get alot of random spikes. Some are big and some are small. Haven't had this problem before now...least I didn't think I was.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    First would like to thank all of you for the discussion going back and forth. I do appreciate it.

1. There are moments where I am turning so obviously losing melee swings, It also appears when I am running I'm losing hits while still being able to mutilate and such. Though it also feels like my melee swings are slow but kinda hard to know when you're the only rogue in raid.
    2. I'm thinking I will delete all my macros and rewrite them just to be sure. But I have triple checked them for errors.
    3. Possible, I know worgen models were having trouble in cata where they would stop auto attacking.
    4. Right now my prime culprit I believe is latency. Anytime I am in a raid in ToT I get alot of random spikes. Some are big and some are small. Haven't had this problem before now...least I didn't think I was.
    I believe latency wouldn't impact your melee swings as it's autonomous and independent of the user. Maybe check damage numbers and see when your melee hits are striking as you are running, with that said the melee "cone" in front of you is very leniant and you should be running sideways during the maze.

Use something like Scrolling battle text to organize your damage numbers clearer and have a look at the white swings you are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    Use something like Scrolling battle text to organize your damage numbers clearer and have a look at the white swings you are doing.
    That's the best advice I can give. The only time latency would hit you would be while turning (i.e. if you failed to complete a turn briefly and lost attacks while facing away) - autoattacks are primarily unaffected by latency, FPS drops, or input lag. Grab a handy scrolling monitor like MSBT or any other scrolling text, and keep an eye on it passively through the fight - if the stream of numbers stops (briefly! - or for a long time, obviously, but probably briefly) on common occasion, you've found your culprit.