Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cool Stormbreaker (isle of thunder meta)

Curious to see how many people have this already...just got mine 11pm US shandris realm time...book farming was horrible ;_;

Finished it today in the afternoon (EU). The last thing to complete was looting a "Torn Zandalari wtv" book for the "Zandalari Library Card" thingie... had all the others, and farmed Za'tual for a total of about 5h to get the last one (got multiple repeats on the process, which was frustrating).

Actually a pretty cool title, well worth the small effort.

Still farming books and need the 10 treasure chests in the loot scenario.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Still farming books and need the 10 treasure chests in the loot scenario.
    10 chests was one of the easier parts for me...gems probably hardest part of the loot achieve(IMO)

If you look up "treasure trove of the thunder king 10 chests" on Youtube there's a really helpful guide that I used to get mine. Just remember that the golden chests can spawn on certain chest locations and it's random so you won't get the exact same spawns as the vids. There's plenty around though, should only take a couple of keys to get.

I'm finding the Zandalari Library Card one the slowest as well. I'm not going to grind it, I figure I'll be doing dailies on IoT for weeks so it'll just eventually happen. Only have two left now. I've gotten most of them from the coffers you get from the three scroll-summoned mobs in the Court of Bones. Since you get one a week, even if I'm unlucky with troll drops I should eventually get it from the coffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Finished it yesterday, April 10 at about 4 am server time (west coast).

The Zandalari Library Card was definitely the worst achievement. Spent about an hour grinding trolls in Za'Taul to get my last book 2 days ago, but failed to get any drops. Yesterday, Stage 5 finished and I got the storyline achiev, I decided to farm trolls again and after just 10 minutes I got a book. The wrong book. Slightly annoyed, I hearthed and cleared my bags as they were pretty full before going back to try again. First pull, the right book drops \o/

As a prot paladin, I had a lot of trouble with the Treasure scenario achievement (in particular, killing the scout). I just ended up doing it on my hunter alt with ease. 10 chests seems steep at first, but there are helpful guides on how to do it (on a good run, there can be 7 or so chests in the first room alone).

If anyone is having trouble with the 10 chests part, I recommend this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=2UeWwfadByc
    Last edited by Bepples; 2013-04-12 at 05:25 AM.

Yeah, I've got it as well. I had everything, I was just waiting for the final quest in the Isle of Thunder storyline. Cool title. It goes well with a shaman me thinks.

10 golden chests can be really RNG. Its all im missing currently :/

As sad as it sounds, the only achievement I need for Stormbreaker is to /bow to the egg of Kros. Need to wait a couple more days for it to spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    10 golden chests can be really RNG. Its all im missing currently :/
    The RNG is pretty silly, no question. The first 3x I did it, The closest I got was to 7. Then, on the fourth try, i found up to 12 in the first two rooms. Crazy how the rng is sometimes in this game. Keep at it, it will be on your side soon enough. It helps to do the dailies as well and get the arcane trove things. Getting two a day now definitely helps in maybe get another chance at a key for the week.

Missing torn journal for the library card.
    Missing 10 golden Chests in one run.
    Missing 4 or 5 of the summoned guys.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Extraordinaire View Post
    10 chests was one of the easier parts for me...gems probably hardest part of the loot achieve(IMO)
    You crazy.

The RNG on the chests isn't all that bad, you just need to memorise the likely locations of the gold chests in the first two rooms. There will always be something like 15-20 chests in those areas, you just have to check all the spawn points fast. The tricky part is that of course, you don't have time to just run around familiarising yourself with everything - use vids for that. You can definitely get lucky or unlucky but I think that if you have a good route and are fast you should always be able to get 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The title would be nice to switch with my Flamebreaker title
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    I was super lucky on book drops doing dailies, and got my meta as soon as the final stage opened up the other day

Deleted
    I'm missing one book at the moment, and one summoned boss (Akil'amon) - which I can't be bothered to get a group for as long as the first thing persists.

Missing two books
    Stomping 200 roaches
    10 Golden Chests and Stash of Gems.

Chests and those books will probably haunt me. Knowing my luck the chest that the Saurok spawns in won't happen for a month or so lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Farming last book and need one of the Kroshik forms, the egg. The egg should spawn in a couple days.

Just need 10 golden chests from the treasure run.

I was paying people 100g to loot their Coffers from the ghost mobs you can summon in Court of Bones, needed to get Torn Zandalari Journal, killed a few and got none. I go kill a few troll mobs and it drops lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    Just need 10 golden chests from the treasure run.

I was paying people 100g to loot their Coffers from the ghost mobs you can summon in Court of Bones, needed to get Torn Zandalari Journal, killed a few and got none. I go kill a few troll mobs and it drops lol.
    lol. It's much better to just farm mobs. Group a bunch up and go to town. That's what I would do for an hour or so every day once there was nothing much to do for the day on the Isle. Went by fast and ended up getting my library cards fairly fast. All luck though of course.