Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    A Wog buff was needed for sure, and buffing SoL does just that. Our sustained damage is putrid weak and SoL fixes that a bit.
    I still don't think a 10% damage buff to sustained is enough though, which is why i thought nerfing guardian (nerf2burst) and further buff SoL another 10-15% would make sustained feel like a real damage spec, DP talent more competitive.

Afterall we are a damage spec and the only available damage spec our class has to offer, i wouldn't mind trading some off target utility for more damage.

Let the healers worry about providing utility/surviability

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaManHester View Post
    A Wog buff was needed for sure, and buffing SoL does just that. Our sustained damage is putrid weak and SoL fixes that a bit.
    I still don't think a 10% damage buff to sustained is enough though, which is why i thought nerfing guardian (nerf2burst) and further buff SoL another 10-15% would make sustained feel like a real damage spec, DP talent more competitive.

Afterall we are a damage spec and the only available damage spec our class has to offer, i wouldn't mind trading some off target utility for more damage.

Let the healers worry about providing utility/surviability
    It's more than a 10% buff to only sustained, though. It's a 10% damage buff.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-04-15 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Assassination has such insane burst.
    I really hope that 15% extra damage will make us competitive.
    I'm not positive it's what we need from a PvP perspective, but I guess it will help make us have the ability to kill healers for once in 4 years +.
    In my opinion, the main reason we struggle with healers is a lack of healing debuff, and to a lesser extent the limited CC.

So many classes bring the healing debuff that I doubt we'd ever get it. But if you have to solo a healer, it's a noticeable uphill battle compared to classes that do come with it.

On that note, I just thought of something. They should add the mortal strike debuff to Seal of Justice. That would be epic, and might actually make the seal useful in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Andhar View Post
    In my opinion, the main reason we struggle with healers is a lack of healing debuff, and to a lesser extent the limited CC.

So many classes bring the healing debuff that I doubt we'd ever get it. But if you have to solo a healer, it's a noticeable uphill battle compared to classes that do come with it.

On that note, I just thought of something. They should add the mortal strike debuff to Seal of Justice. That would be epic, and might actually make the seal useful in PVP.
    As much as I would like a Mortal strike debuff I don't see it happening for Ret Paladins. However Seal of Justice could do something along the lines of "Inflicts Justice on your enemy increasing the cost of their abilities by 15%. Lasts 10 seconds."

This would add something unique to Ret and make Seal of Justice better for PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    As much as I would like a Mortal strike debuff I don't see it happening for Ret Paladins. However Seal of Justice could do something along the lines of "Inflicts Justice on your enemy increasing the cost of their abilities by 15%. Lasts 10 seconds."
    Yeah, like I said, I don't see them giving us a healing debuff. You have to agree that it's one of the main issues we have when trying to solo a healer though.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i doubt this would change anything PVP and PVE wise, even if it was a 10% overall damage buff where does that leave us? considering WoL and raidbots puts us on the bottom by a fair margin id say we beat some of the more shittier off specs more and maybe another under preforming dps spec? we are behind top dps specs by what? 30-35% and middle about 20 - 25%? we will still be trash and not brought as a dps but more or less a crutch for some healers who cant do either job intensively well or your raid doesn't have a good comp.

as for pvp we still get shut down as soon as the fight starts, we go in , our partner gets someone faintly low and we pop CDs to finish it, get CCed to death then actually die cause we have the weakest defenses in the game and then your opponent tbags you like it as if it was a hard kill.

TLDR: seems like we need another rework ( big shocker )

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't see this change anywhere... could somebody shed some light?

Deleted
    Front page, scroll down.

Quote Originally Posted by colmadero View Post
    I can't see this change anywhere... could somebody shed some light?
    First of all, You should read the whole thread, there is everything explained, but in shortly.
    Sword of Light buff will increase below attacks of Retri -

It affects Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, Hammer of the Righteous, Divine Storm (and all of their mastery damage as a result), auto-attacks, seal hits and Judgment. It does not affect Censure, Exorcism, Hammer of Wrath or Execution Sentence/Light's Hammer/Holy Prism.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    First of all, You should read the whole thread, there is everything explained, but in shortly.
    Sword of Light buff will increase below attacks of Retri -
    I should probably addend that...

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It affects Crusader Strike, Templar's Verdict, Hammer of the Righteous, Divine Storm, Hammer of Wrath (and all of their mastery damage as a result), auto-attacks, seal hits and judgment. It does not affect Censure, Exorcism or Execution Sentence/Light's Hammer/Holy Prism.

Quote Originally Posted by Thudin View Post
    Anyone?

No, that was a sacrasm, my friend.
    He means that retri is not really... ehh.. playable in MoP at all, comparing to other melee classes.
    Well quick math here late at night.

TV and CS are weapon damage attacks. Is Judgement? Not sure off hand...

Anyway a TV that hits for 100 damage hits for 115 now with the current 15%. This will be 130 with the 30%. Which is a 13% increase in our current damage, not 15%.

As that only applies to weapon damage attacks and white hits, figure out how much of your damage comes from these attacks as a fraction of your total damage and that will be the increase.

It should be probably 5-8% roughly.
    Last edited by Psilar; 2013-04-15 at 08:28 AM.

Not mentioning Hand of Light, do you? How about using proper tools like simcraft or Exemplar's Excel sheet? You are able to change the SoL value there. It's more like a 11+% dps buff but a heroic/tf heroic weapon and the tier set could make some impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    Well quick math here late at night.

TV and CS are weapon damage attacks. Is Judgement? Not sure off hand...

Anyway a TV that hits for 100 damage hits for 115 now with the current 15%. This will be 130 with the 30%. Which is a 13% increase in our current damage, not 15%.

As that only applies to weapon damage attacks and white hits, figure out how much of your damage comes from these attacks as a fraction of your total damage and that will be the increase.

It should be probably 5-8% roughly.
    But now add in the fact that it will directly increase the amount that our Mastery does. And I am 99% sure Judgment and seal damage will be buffed by this change.

I think its more like a 10 - 12% over all buff depending on how much mastery you have.

its like ur saying that mastery in 5.3 will be our best stats , and haste will come second ?

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    its like ur saying that mastery in 5.3 will be our best stats , and haste will come second ?
    No, that is not what I am saying. Haste will be just as good as it is now.

i still feel like they're not addressing the bigger issues like our max level talents. ive seen probably about 5 players use execution sentence due to its long cooldown and low damage. the only other viable ability is holy prism so were all pretty much forced to spec into it. this ability has a 20 second cooldown, does not generate holy power and shares a global cooldown with our other abilites. it deals roughly 27k damage and heals for about the same in PVP, yet its still our best option for max level. i suggest they buff the base damage/heal of execution sentence by 50% and reduce its cooldown by 50% for retribution. that would allow us to apply a fair amount of pressure every 30 seconds something outside of our burst. either remove global cooldown from holy prism or make it generate holy power. our max level abilites are incredibly underpowered and noone else seems to be discussing them at all.
    Last edited by tichondriuslol; 2013-04-15 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    I thought Light's Hammer was the best on 2 targets or more?

Quote Originally Posted by Merthas View Post
    I thought Light's Hammer was the best on 2 targets or more?
    lights hammer affects a specific location, unless all your targets are just sitting in it its pretty much useles in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tichondriuslol View Post
    i still feel like they're not addressing the bigger issues like our max level talents. ive seen probably about 5 players use execution sentence due to its long cooldown and low damage. the only other viable ability is holy prism so were all pretty much forced to spec into it. this ability has a 20 second cooldown, does not generate holy power and shares a global cooldown with our other abilites. it deals roughly 27k damage and heals for about the same in PVP, yet its still our best option for max level. i suggest they buff the base damage/heal of execution sentence by 50% and reduce its cooldown by 50% for retribution. that would allow us to apply a fair amount of pressure every 30 seconds something outside of our burst. either remove global cooldown from holy prism or make it generate holy power. our max level abilites are incredibly underpowered and noone else seems to be discussing them at all.
    Maybe because nobody believes it to be true ??

Quote Originally Posted by tichondriuslol View Post
    not sure if trolling.. or just plain stupid...

Please refrain from posting merely to call another user a troll. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-04-15 at 02:08 PM.